Pyukumuku @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Baton Pass
- Rest
- Memento

You curse, then use Baton pass to transfer the stat changes, then, later it comes back, heals up with rest and uses memento to do damage and lower stats.

Okay, so maybe not OU, but maybe in lower tiers

If memento triggers innards out:
The Ins And Outs of Innards Out:
Pyukumuku @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Baton Pass
- Rest
- Memento
Well for one, Memento doesn't trigger Innards Out. Innards Out is only triggered when Pyukumuku is KO'd by an attack, it doesn't activate when self-KO moves are used. Secondly the set you posted doesn't even have Innards Out, so.... Nice going.

If memento triggers innards out:
The Ins And Outs of Innards Out:
Pyukumuku @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Baton Pass
- Rest
- Memento

You curse, then use Baton pass to transfer the stat changes, then, later it comes back, heals up with rest and uses memento to do damage and lower stats.

Okay, so maybe not OU, but maybe in lower tiers
If you do want to go with curse/baton pass (which seems questionable because of the speed reduction, but I imagine you could make it work somehow, maybe by passing to an aegislash or mimikyu), I would switch memento to substitute to cover whoever you pass to, or maybe toxic. You could switch to innards out to weaken a sweeper, but unaware can be used to set up on set up sweepers, and might be more valuable. I think the viability of innards out over unaware will depend on the metagame and what sweepers see the most usage.

I have been using this in the current beta UU format (made by Hogg ) and this thing puts in some serious work setting screens for the rest of the team. I've been comboing it with Persian for the early game defense buffs and its the perfect irritating little bugger.

THE COMBO

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Toxic

Pyukumuku @ Light Clay
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Recover

Lead with Persian to scout out what the enemy is up to. With 115 speed you speed tie even with the likes of lead Azelf so you rarely need to worry about anything not named Phermosa ruining your day. Then, you either Taunt or go straight to the Parting Shot, switching to Pyuku who starts setting up your screens. BP Out to your attackers and start beating them down, and if you feel threatened by anything, you can switch to either Persian or Pyuku and start the process all over. Persian even carries the Darkinium Z to heal either an ally or Pyuku itself from status. And of course Pyuku's gimmick will make people hesitate to attack it too often. A really great pokemon that will be scary once people tap into its full power.

aim Actually did a great analysis video on pyuku which is actually where i got the screens set from, I suggest you all take a look at it.

Consider Gastro Acid on the Toxic + Soak moveset. It addresses Magic Guard and Poison Heal, so literally the only things it can't toxic stall are Magic Bouncers.

Ema Skye

Work!
Consider Gastro Acid on the Toxic + Soak moveset. It addresses Magic Guard and Poison Heal, so literally the only things it can't toxic stall are Magic Bouncers.
This is a really good idea but I don't know how you'd find space.

Recover is essential and Baton Pass keeps it from being a momentum drain.

Wonder if this thing would be any good in Doubles considering it's support movepool.

Dual Screens
Pyukumuku @ Light Clay
Ability: Unaware/Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Baton Pass/Helping Hand
- Taunt/Helping Hand/Baton Pass/Recover

Pretty self explanatory. Mixed bulk leads to easy to set up dual screens, which are enhanced by Light Clay. Baton Pass allows you to do a slow switch in to another pokemon and keep momentum, while Helping Hand keeps it useful if you keep it in. Last moveslot is just filler for what support helps you the best. Either ability works, as the main benefit of the ability is the mindgames of Innards Out disencouraging foes from trying to take it out first turn.

Pain Split Support
Pyukumuku @ Lum Berry/Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Taunt
- Helping Hand/Substitute
- Soak/Gastro Acid/Protect

With Pyukumuku's low HP stats, Pain Split can be a reliable damaging move that heals a good bit of Pyukumuku's HP, allowing the mon to have massive survivability. Mental Herb keeps it from other Taunt users and allows it to counter with a Taunt of it's own. Helping Hand allows more reliable KO's, while Substitute combos with Pain Split and makes the opponent hate you more. Last slot is undecided filler for how else to mess with the other team. This set would be massively more successful with some sort of Trick Room support, as using Pain Split with low heath can often weaken a foe to where your teammate can knock them out.

I haven't really optimized EV's for either set, there might be better options for them.

Last edited:
Are there any good BP recievers with Unburden? I'm thinking about passing Curse to a reciever which has Unburden + White Herb. White Herb removes the drops and triggers Unburden, thus doubling your speed and resulting in effectivly passing bulk + power + speed.

This thing would be the passer, of course.

Anti Sweeper

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass / Light Screen
- Venom Drench
- Toxic

Basically an Anti-Sweeper for Stall, Toxic puts a timer and allows you to use Venom Drench, that renders any sweeper useless or negates boosts like Beast Boost Kartana / Phero, Quiver Dancers, Dragon Dancers etc. Recover gives you a way to survive an stall Toxic, Batom Pass gives you momentum, but you can also use Light Screen to make you an impenetrable wall.

SubToxic + Memento

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect / Batom Pass / Recover
- Memento
- Substitute
- Toxic

SubToxic is standart, basically you abuse your Bulk to subs and spam toxic to put a timer against sweeper and or / weaken the opposite team. When you're no longer able to spam subs and toxic, you use memento to give you momentum and possibly an opportunity to sweep, if you're using semi-stall. For your last move, it's your choice. Protect makes you the ultimate annoying toxic machine. Batom Pass allows you to pass sub and have an opportunity to gain momentum without needing to sacrifice your Pyukumuku. Recover gives you the opportunity to heal the damage of Substitute. Using max SpDef because I feel Grass and Electric types are more common in the Special type (Specially Electric with MagDrags running wild and Tapu Koko being the favorite of the community).

Last edited:
Pyukumuku is unfortunately too squishy (pun intended) for most of the OU monsters...

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 168-198 (53.5 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Earth Plate Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 153-181 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 55.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 144-171 (45.8 - 54.4%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 255-300 (81.2 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Pyukumuku: 142-168 (45.2 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 136-162 (43.3 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 180-213 (57.3 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 144-172 (45.8 - 54.7%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Manaphy Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Pyukumuku: 118-140 (37.5 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 162-192 (51.5 - 61.1%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 129-152 (41 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Pyukumuku: 168-199 (53.5 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

... however it isn't that bad either.
It creates a very interesting mind game: is it Unaware or Inwards Out?

Because it learns Counter. Is it begging to be one shotted with Inwards Out KOing all uninvested 87 base HP pokémon and lower, or is it Unaware and wanting to survive to punish with Counter?
And when it Taunts... will it Counter next?
And what if it stops boosted mons with Unaware by using Gastro Acid and/or Soak and Toxic and Recover? +6 Pokés rampage ended by a tiny cucumber...

I like that with its tiny Wobbuffetiesque movepool it is able to do so much in terms of team support and emergency stop to some sweeper.

I normally use this set

Pyukumuku @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Toxic
- Curse

Its not the best set but it works to whittle down the enemy poke a bit more then baton pass into a slow bulky physical attacker.

This Poke is very underrated.

Innards Out forces a lot of switches because no one wants to die attacking it. It also makes for a solid answer to setup sweepers (Gyara, Pinsir, Buzzwole, etc) as they will need to take themselves out if they wish to continue the sweep. The alternative is that they switch out and forfeit their boosts, as well as losing any momentum. In this sense, it isn't setup bait either as they do have to attack at some point. The only setup sweeper my Pyuku has struggled with is bulky Scizor who has more HP than Pyuku.

The Soak set is the best IMO because it forces more switchins. Toxic is the only way it deals damage so people will switch in their Ferro/Tran/Pex to wall it, only to be met with a Soak. All three detest Toxic so they're forced into a situation where they can stay in and try to wall, or switch out fearing Toxic.

Baton Pass is a must on this Poke because of all the switches it causes for the above reasons. It's functionally U-Turn/Volt Switch and keeps the momentum in your hands.

Criminally underrated Mon. Highly recommended.
Doesn't Mold Breaker from Mega Gyarados ignore Innards Out ?

But I agree with everything else, it's amazing support mon, although it also hates Taunt like a plague, which may be a problem. But otherwise - it's fun and effective mon in the right comps and hands.

EDIT: Fair enough, I asked just to be 100% sure.

Last edited:
Doesn't Mold Breaker from Mega Gyarados ignore Innards Out ?

But I agree with everything else, it's amazing support mon, although it also hates Taunt like a plague, which may be a problem. But otherwise - it's fun and effective mon in the right comps and hands.
I don't see why it would since it doesn't affect the damage Pyukumuku takes in any way.

Pyukumuku is unfortunately too squishy (pun intended) for most of the OU monsters...
Nah you're looking at this the wrong way. Pyukumuku has roughly the same bulk as Mew so while it is more than capable of taking a hit you can't expect it to switch in on things like lol Mega Medicham's High Jump Kick. Pyukumuku has Unaware and better defensive stats than Quagsire. Last gen Quagsire was pretty good at switching in on things like DD Tyranitar, SD Garchomp, random Shell Smashers and so on. Quagsire excelled in acting as glue for defensive teams, taking boosted hits that not even the strongest walls could take thanks to Unaware. Unaware Pyukumuku actually checks a LOT of setup sweepers so don't just toss it away because it isn't as bulky as Hippowdon or Chansey. Pyukumuku's main issues aren't bulk but its inability to deal direct damage. Despite this is has enough support options that I'm sure it will find some use in OU. It certainly won't BE OU but it will probably be usable.

Soak is an amazing and severely underrated move.
With Soak and Unaware you have pretty much the two most obnoxious offensive debuffs together, on something with not-horrible stats. No offense, at all, yes, but if they don't have Taunt, Perish Song, or Toxic what are they really going to DO while they slowly die or get forced out?

Soak lets you Poison shit, sure, but I see a distinct lack of mention of the fact that it REMOVES YOUR FOE'S STAB BONUS. Other than pure Water mons of course but you kinda wall the fuck out of those anyway.
Let's take Garchomp for example:

+ 2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Unaware Pyukumuku: 75-90 (46.2 - 55.5%) -- 12.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Now most things not immune to EQ / not named Tangrowth don't eat a +2 LO EQ very well; and while this isn't ideal for a damage range, neither is the EV spread.

With Soak however:
+ 2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Unaware Pyukumuku: 51-60 (31.4 - 37%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

lol.

This is also extremely comical on Mega Luke:

+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Unaware Pyukumuku: 100-118 (61.7 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Like, ouch.

After Soak:
252 Atk Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Unaware Pyukumuku: 50-59 (30.8 - 36.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

lol. Now obviously that can KO with higher damage rolls / SR but again, not a full 252/252+ spread here.

Now against things that have slightly less shove than a +2 Mega Luke and isn't hitting SE with huge power like Koko, you'll probably be taking laughable damage as you Toxic everything.
It's kind of like Dusknoir without the "fucking horrible" part. So basically a Dusclops. All stall. No damage, ever.

Also you can't Soak a Water Absorb / Storm Drain / Dry Skin mon either so Toxicroak is also a huge threat guys.
Is this thing any good? Probably not, no, but surpisingly comical.

edit: I ran all the calcs at level 50 by mistake so your calc results will differ slightly than mine but you still get the main point.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
You have the bulk to beat the booster (60/130/130 is better than any other Unaware user) with Toxic which means you don't have to sac Pyuku to get the kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)