BW RU qht

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello everyone! This has been the team that I've used throughout most of this round, entirely under the alt qht (hence the name of the thread). The team has peaked at #1 a few times without much effort put into laddering, maxing out at 1410 or something. I decided to retire the team because with Krookodile jumping up to UU (dammit), the team no longer functions. Without further ado, here is the team~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gligar (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Although teams no longer have leads in Gen 5, I've decided to list Gligar first because he is the probably the pokemon I lead with most frequently. He lays Stealth Rock, and generally switches out to an advantageous matchup to keep him healthy for checking stuff later. Examples of the crazy amount of bulk Gligar has:

Adamant CB Entei Flare Blitz: 142-168 (42.51 - 50.29%)
Adamant CB Aggron Head Smash: 170-202 (50.89 - 60.47%)

Aggron can easily be stalled out by roost spamming and entei will almost never 2hko without rocks down; of course Gligar isn't my first switch into entei anyways, but it's nice to have a backup check.

The moveset is pretty simple. Stealth Rock is for team support, Roost allows it to wall stuff, Earthquake is an amazing stab move, and Toxic is a great move in general but more specifically allows me to wear down Claydol who is kind of a dick to this team's strategy.

Qwilfish (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 228 HP / 136 Def / 144 Spd
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Qwilfish provides the Spikes and Toxic Spikes support that it did for most other teams during this round. It's just so so good at what it does. It sets up spikes on pretty much everything, is a great pivot into physical attackers before I've scouted their sets, picks up my opponent's tspikes, and can block annoying set up mons thanks to a relatively quick taunt; just an amazing team player. Qwilfish generally switches in a few times per game and is incredibly efficient at throwing up hazards. I chose Waterfall over Poison Jab for better all around coverage. My EV spread has a lot of speed to creep defensive Uxie by a few points, and also win speed ties with most opposing Qwilfish. 136 defense hits a bonus point, and the leftover EVs go in HP for general tanking purposes. If you've played any amount of RU this round you know what Qwilfish can do, and it does it well.

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Krookodile is the perfect rotom killer, a problem pokemon for the rest of my team, while being an invaluable revenge killer and even late game sweeper with moxie. Base 92 speed means it can outrun a lot of boosters... basically what you'd expect a scarfer to do. The moveset is standard. Crunch and EQ are for stabs, Stone Edge hits Honchkrow and Moltres among others, and Pursuit is for the aforementioned Rotom. There isn't too much to say about it other than RU will lose a very important pokemon when it moves up to UU.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Sub wisp rotom, while not my invention (the set was used a bit in gen 4 uu at least, and sub wisp 2 attacks ghosts aren't exactly uncommon) hadn't been used at all in RU until this team hit the scene, and it's one of the most common sets now.

Rotom serves as my spin blocker primarily, and provides a valuable ground Rotom gets tons of chances to set up substitutes thanks to its amazing typing, and then can abuse its powerful stab moves to hurt the opposing team. Substitute and Will-O-Wisp allows rotom to counter SubRoost Honchkrow, thanks to Will-O-Wisp bypassing Sucker Punch's priority.

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SDef / 124 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Ice Punch

Gallade is the closest thing I have to a special tank. The team at this point was really weak to special threats and Gallade can check stuff like Porygon-Z and friends once or twice. It also has an offensive presence which is pretty much a requirement for a team like this.

I use Max HP for general tanking abilities. 124 Speed is enough to creep min speed uxie by 2 so I can set up a sub instead of getting paralyzed. The rest goes in Special Defense to help my subs withstand hits and support the team. I chose Ice Punch over Shadow Sneak mainly for Gligar I guess, but both are usable.

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 60 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

SubCM Uxie is the star of the show. Fast enough to outrun a lot of offensive pokemon and kill them, and bulky enough to set up subs stall can't 2hko, Uxie is a very solid sweeper. Its base 95 speed outruns standards like Entei and Rotom, the 130 defenses along with near max HP provide amazing bulk for a sweeper. The 60 Special Attack are because Uxie is pretty weak, as far as I know it doesn't give any relevant damage calcs, it's just for general power.

Calm mind allows it to boost and sweep, Substitute blocks status, and Psychic gives STAB. I decided to go with Tbolt over Energy Ball, as with Spikes support opposing Krookodule aren't as big a threat, and with Subsitute I can use Uxie as a Honchkrow check.

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Qwilfish (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 228 HP / 136 Def / 144 Spd
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Gligar (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SDef / 124 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Ice Punch

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 60 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Thanks for reading!

Eww SubCM Uxie, the bane of all of my teams. But you have a really great team here, there's not really much here that can be changed without messing up the greatness, the most replaceable member looks like Gallade.

Anyways Great team Nails, I'm so glad it has to be retired =D

If you want to keep using this team after the tier shifts while keeping it similar to your current team, I suggest that you try Omastar > Qwilfish and Drapion > Krookodile. Defensive Omastar still does most of what Qwilfish does, as it can set up both Spikes and Toxic Spikes. He also provides a good switchin into physical attackers, mostly Entei and Honchkrow. While Omastar is weak to Fighting instead of resisting it, Gligar and Rotom handle all Fighting-types quite easily. For Entei, its most powerful attack it commonly carries (assuming physical variant) is Choice Band Stone Edge, which is a 4HKO. For Honchkrow, Brave Bird is a 5HKO, while Sucker Punch is a 4HKO. Drapion > Krookodile also lets you still do most things Krookodile used to do, and Drapion absorbs Toxic Spikes as well now that you have Omastar instead of Qwilfish. He still traps Rotom with STAB Pursuit and Crunch, and also outspeeds everything Krookodile used to outspeed such as Shell Smash Omastar and other sweepers. The loss of Moxie and STAB on Earthquake suck, but it's the best replacement out there. The exact sets are:

Omastar @ Leftovers | Shell Armor
Bold | 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Surf / Ice Beam

Drapion @ Choice Scarf | Sniper
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Crunch / Pursuit / Earthquake / Aqua Tail

Nice team.

When the tiers shift, you can just swap out Uxie for SubCM Cresselia, they do the same thing, Cress just has more bulk. Anyway, great job, this is as close to a perfect team as it gets! :)

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
i don't play ru much, but i'd like to think myself a solid player nonetheless. with that said, this is the one team that utterly destroyed anything i threw at it. gligar and qwilfish let you get up hazards with so much ease, and once they're up, the rest of the team does a great job at abusing them and thoroughly punishing the opposing team. awesome team build, luvdisc!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)