QuagDos +M-Scizor core, 1500 and climbing

Hi! I've been playing competitively for a little while now, and decided to finally put up an RMT! This team is pretty balanced, with the main core being some sort of stall/tank combo or M-Scizor, Zapdos, and Quagsire that I really kind of like, and a secondary offensive core of Greninja, Heatran, and Breloom. So here is the team:

Scizor @ Scizorite

Ability:Light Metal/ Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
When I first saw Mega Scizor's stats, I was saddened, thinking that it would be vastly inferior to regular Scizor in every way. Boy, was I wrong. In this team, M-Scizor serves as many things: a Tank for those stray ice moves that Zapdos hates so much, a setup sweeper, being able to rip through teams if he gets the chance, or a pivot. Even though U-turn doesn't quite help it with setups, I like it, because I can get an SD boost from a switch, and then get a boosted U-turn off on whatever by opponent sends in to counter me. Roost is for survivability, and Bullet punch is just a great technician boostable stab move, for sweeping and revenge killing.

Zapdos @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost
Zapdos is the special tank/defogger on this team. He has really good synergy with Scizor and Quagsire, as they can take Ice and Rock type attacks, and Zapdos can take Grass type attacks for quagsire, and attack back with Heat Wave. Zapdos is also a great M-Pinsir counter, and a great wall against M-Manectric, both of which give me trouble. Defog keeps those pesky rocks, spikes, and webs away, keeping his friends such as Breloom nice, safe, and most importantly, keeps his sash intact in case the situation gets dire later in the battle.

Quagsire @ Leftovers

Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Scald
Ah Quagsire, the great bane of setup sweepers. Quagsire is amazing against physical sweepers, especially those who try to swords dance or dragon dance, and can burn right back with scald. Earthquake gives me ground type coverage against things like Megazard X, and toxic allows me to wear down the things that can't be/don't mind being burned, and gives another, more stallish, aspect to the team that people don't always expect. Recover gives Quag his daily does of nutrients, and lets him live to fight another day.

Greninja @ Life Orb

Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
Forming a second, more offensive "core" in my team is Greninja, a Smashing special attacker that really helps clean up the opposing team in an effort to help out all of his fellow Bros. In all seriousness though, Greninja is a monster. He helps take out many of the things that give me trouble, such as fire types that quagsire isn't strong enough to handle, as well as ghost types and roaming dragons. U-turn helps give me momentum, and helps me damage incoming special walls such as assault vest t-tar with a surprising punch. Greninja is the late game hitter to the team, with his amazing stab combination.

Heatran @ Leftovers

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
Heatran is a real team player. Not only is he a stealth rocker, but he also absorbs fire attacks for scizor, takes special attacks fairly well in case Zapdos goes down, and uses his amazing firepower against things like ferrothorn that can really wall the rest of my team. His Flash Cannon attack helps against fairies, but I might replace it with ancient power for coverage against things such as volcarona. Earth power gets rid of opposing heatran, and as well as other fire types, and helps balance out heatran's moveset.

Breloom @ Focus Sash

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
Last, but not least comes Breloom. Despite the nerfs he recieved this gen, with focus sash he really do wonders. With his sash he can take out many different strong/boosted attackers, such as Manaphy, Volcarona, Megazard Y,Cloyster, and more. Spore is in case of switch ins that aren't grass types, and can cripple an opponents offensive threat and allow me to take it out with another member of the team. Mach punch is for revenge killing, and also just stab, and Rock tomb is such a good move on Breloom this gen, and allows him to slow down opposing pokemon enough to allow him or other members on the team to be able to take it out worry free.

So there you have it! Help me make this team grow with your critiques, criticisms, or whatever, and most importantly, enjoy!

Last edited:
Give breloom toxic orb, set ability to poison heal, and teach him facade + drainpunch. The poison heal-toxic orb combo not only lets him heal, but it also lets him shield from any status effects.

Give breloom toxic orb, set ability to poison heal, and teach him facade + drainpunch. The poison heal-toxic orb combo not only lets him heal, but it also lets him shield from any status effects.
I would, but I think that breloom set would actually hinder its use on my team, which is to revenge kill/lead/ counterattack. I dont worry as much about getting spore up as doing damage, and since the toxic orb set replaces that for survivability, it wouldnt work as well for my purposes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)