BW RU Quantum of Solosis: An RU Hail RMT

QUANTUM OF

SOLOSIS

Once upon a time, there was a boy who was just starting up on Smogon and wanted Tiering Contributor. At that same time, there was a tier with only about 2 days left until the deadline to obtain a seat on the council by getting #1 on the ladder or through other means. This boy had a friend from long ago...you may know of him as the man who infamously blamed a child for the death of someone close to him...or as the master of LC...or the guy who defeated Bloo in a tournament with a Swagger Aron...yes my friends, this is the legendary, permabanned user, D4RR3N. He was very cocky, and challenged me to get voting requirements in a tier I had never played before. After trying out some awful teams on the ladder, I was matched up with a user called 'easy beat'. He was running a core of Snover, Solosis, and Duosion, and almost won...but he was an awful player (he was from PO...like come on) so I won anyway. However, this core fascinated me a lot, and so, I built a team around it and changed 3 of the Pokemon on his team to my liking. The team managed to peak #1 on the RU ladder in just a matter of hours, allowing me, who had absolutely no idea what was going on in RU, to vote on the legendary Porygon-Z, which stayed unbanned with a 4-3 vote (I thought Porygon-Z sucked because I had no knowledge of the metagame :] ). Dubbed by Texas Cloverleaf as 'endtrails', this team became a legendary team in the RU community, and was the defining team of Round 3. The metagame has changed a lot, however, and so, if you so please, you can help modify this team in order to adapt to the current metagame...and then maybe, just maybe...you too can become number 1 on the highly prestigious Pokemon Showdown Ladder!

The Team:

NeverSnowsHere (Snover) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Mild Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard

It's a hail team. What did you expect? Focus Sash Snover is a solid lead in the metagame, and worked even better in Round 3. It has surprisingly good coverage, and can hit relatively hard with its STAB Blizzard and Wood Hammer. Ice Shard lets it finish off weakened foes, while Hidden Power Fire lets it destroy Steel-types, such as Escavalier and Ferroseed. The EVs give it as much attacking power as possible, as Speed isn't too much of an issue with Focus Sash. And of course, Snover sets up hail, the entire premise of the team. Snover guarantees that I can get solid damage off early in the game, setting up my team to smash niggas later on.​

ReuniclusSucks (Duosion) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Endeavor
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

One of the members of my strong Endeavor core. Trick Room + Endeavor + Magic Guard is extremely good in hail, setting up my team for later while also annihilating any Pokemon that isn't Ice-type or has an ability such as Overcoat. Shadow Ball is very useful, as it hits most Ghost-types hard, as Duosion has extremely high Special Attack (it's as much as Reuniclus, gggggg) Psychic isn't necessary since Endeavor in hail kills everything Psychic would anyway. Toxic lets Duosion mess up walls, and also lets it hit any Spiritomb attempting to switch in. Focus Sash guarantees that it can live any hit, and no EVs are put into defenses or HP in order to make it so that Duosion can get to 1 HP more easily. Magic Guard ensures that its Focus Sash will never be lost until it gets hit.​

GGGGGGGGGG (Solosis) @ Focus Sash
Level: 1
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray

The champion himself. I mean, who honestly could resist smashing people with a Level 1 blob that looks like a deformed embryo? This thing is more epic than Riolu, CB Ninjask, and Scarf Probopass combined (well, maybe not). After Duosion hits Ghost-types, Solosis can set up Trick Room again and get almost a guaranteed KO. At Level 1, any hit will bring out down to 1 HP, giving it an easy way to finish off the opposition. Toxic lets it cripple walls that it cannot defeat with Endeavor (ie: Mandibuzz), while Confuse Ray is a filler that can come in handy in situations against Pokemon such as Clefable. Solosis is very good at setting up Trick Room, and had a large amount of surprise factor (as did Duosion) during Round 3. It perfectly sets up my sweeper for later.​

Charmander (Lampent) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room
- Memento

My third Trick Room Pokemon. Lampent was selected because it was immune to Fire, stopping Pokemon such as Entei from just spamming Flare Blitz. Unlike my other 2 Trick Room Pokemon, Lampent is focused on hitting hard with its Life Orb-boosted STAB Fire Blast and STAB Shadow Ball. Memento is a solid option in the 4th slot that lets it "suicide" when I need it to die in order to bring out my sweeper. It's also useful in that it can let my sweeper live more hits from that specific Pokemon if it needs to, and it is very useful for late-game situations. It essentially works like Explosion, replacing the damage with stat lowering. Lampent hits very hard, especially after a Flash Fire boost. It's also very slow, meaning it can outrun most of the tier under Trick Room. However, it is pretty weak, and really isn't that good (think Double01) and so, it should probably be replaced.​

Picasso (Druddigon) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

THE SWEEPER. Druddigon has been a beast for ages, from Round 3 up until now. CB Outrage off of its massive Attack stat OHKOs everything that doesn't resist it, and even those that do usually get 2HKOd. Sucker punch is solid priority that can finish off a weakened foe if Trick Room isn't up. EQ and Fire Punch provide coverage, but Outrage is key move on this team. Trick Room is up almost all of the time, allowing Druddigon to transform his middling Speed into a true advantage, wrecking teams like a Lanturn vs. Lavos Spawn. Fire Punch is very solid though, as it can decimate Escavalier on the switch. A Life Orb may be a better option for this Druddigon, as it can feign Choice Band with Fire Punch and then decimate with Outrage. However, no matter the item, it is a true champion, and completely annihilates offensive teams by itself. Even with a head that looks worse than Eli Manning's infamous disappointment face, he wins rings just like him.​

FROSTBITE (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick​

The Speedy Pokemon on this team. FROSTBITE does actually what his name suggests: he smashes niggas noobs so hard that they get chills and run away. Blizzard hits insanely hard, and not many Pokemon in the tier can tank it. Thunderbolt lets Rotom-F hit Water-types, while Votl Switch provides some much-needed momentum. Trick is always a solid option, messing up noobs who think they can defeat me with Smeargle. A Choice Scarf user on a Trick Room team may seem weird, but just in case Trick Room isn't up, it allows my team to still be competitive. It's also very good early game, and is superb at messing up walls to help Druddigon for later. It's weakness to Stealth Rock may seem like an issue considering I have no Rapid Spinner, but I usually don't need to switch it in too often anyway. a Timid Nature guarantees that it outruns as many things as possible.​

Possible Changes:
ENTRY HAZARDS
LAMPENT
ROTOM-F

Threatlist:
Escavalier: Slower than Druddigon, has Overcoat, and is a major problem. Anything to help fix this would be nice considering Lampent can't tank hits that well.
Expert Belt Entei: Druddigon can tank hits but it can't take too many.
CB Munchlax: fuck you crow.
Mandibuzz: No one really uses this, but Overcoat does make it annoying. I usally have to tRick it with Rotom-F / kill it with Druddigon.
Clefable: Read above.
Spiritomb: This is a major issue, and needs to be addressed. It wasn't popular back in Round 3, so any help would be appreciated. Preferably replacing Lampent.

Importable:
Snover @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Mild Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer

Duosion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd / 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef
- Trick Room
- Endeavor
- Psychic
- Toxic

Solosis @ Focus Sash
Level: 1
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray

Lampent @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room
- Memento

Druddigon @ Choice Band
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

You're kind of weak to CB Munchlax. To fix that I would suggest a bulky Crustle which can also function under Trick Room. I'd probably replace Rotom-F with it. Crustle can also set up hazards which will overall help Solosis, Duosion, and Druddigon wear down the opponent. Lampent can also spinblock for you against Cryogonal! Here are some calcs:

252+ Atk Choice Band Munchlax Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Crustle: 81-96 (23.54 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO
Fire Punch: 22.09 - 26.16%
Crunch: 23.54 - 27.9%
Ice Punch: 22.09 - 26.16%

And here's the set:

Crustle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Otherwise its a pretty good team, I think that people should use abuse this strategy more often!

dat CBLAX
Anyway, Crustle seems solid. It can function in TR, give me hazards, and tank Fire-type moves. I'll test it out. Thanks nigga :)

I would suggest two changes to your team.

First, having Duosion and Solosis is not really necessary, so I would replace Duosion with Uxie:

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 0 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-U-turn
-Psychic/Toxic/Psyshock/Foul Play
-Trick Room

This allows you to solve your entry hazards problem, and Uxie is MUCH bulkier than Duosion anyway. Trick Room keeps the theme of your team, and when Trick Room is not up, Uxie has a slow U-turn out. The last slot can be Psychic or Psyshock for STAB, Toxic for status (don't use Thunder Wave), and Foul Play is a unique option which harms physical sweepers based on their attack stat. Choose what you like.

The second change is to drop Lampent for another Fire-type sweeper. My suggestion for this will be Emboar, because it is a fantastic attacker and really thrives under Trick Room, plus its coverage is great as well. Try this set, which also lets Emboar be a wall breaker:

Emboar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SpA
Nature: Quiet
IVs: 0 Spe IVs
-Fire Blast
-Hammer Arm/Superpower
-Stone Edge/Wild Charge/Earthquake
-Hidden Power Ghost/Hidden Power Grass/Scald

Fire Blast is used over Flare Blitz to prevent recoil from being too high. Hammer Arm actually makes Emboar even FASTER when under Trick Room, thus making it preferable to Superpower in this situation. Emboar has many other interesting options for coverage, so pick the ones you like the most. Keep in mind that Stone Edge is Emboar's strongest option against Flying types, while Hidden Power Ghost gives Emboar the best neutral coverage possible.

Can you switch druddigon to life orb? It will be a better sweeper then. And psywave on solosis. Very interesting team otherwise.

Can you switch druddigon to life orb? It will be a better sweeper then. And psywave on solosis. Very interesting team otherwise.
I've been using Druddigon quite a while now and I can tell you the power drop is noticeable going from Band to Orb AND that there is only a few options that he'll be hitting harder than with Outrage, which is the main reason I switched over. With Orb you not only lose power but whenever you hit Outrage you lose 20-30% of your HP. Druddigon can be very bulky but giving away HP makes him rather frail.

@ShakeItUp: Druddigon is a beast. Generally can knock big holes in opposing teams and under Trick Room few things are faster (I'll get to that in a sec). Two questions/suggestions: 1) have you tried out Crunch over Sucker Punch? It gets the SF boost, a net total of 104 BP after SF, and can hit things harder than Outrage if you hit them SE. That was my main Cress counter (took well over 50% from her) when she was still in the tier. Not saying it's worth losing the priority but sometimes the extra damage does come in handy. 2) Any reason your using Earthquake? I don't really have a coverage option just wondering who you where targeting here.

Anyway, this looks like a fairly cool team. "Gimmiky" but effective. 1 threat I could see possibly taking you on is OTR Slowking, as it'll outspeed most pokemon with it's speed tier (30 base). Do Lampert/Duosion out speed and OHKO or do you have a plan of attack there? Pre-emptive Sucker Punch maybe?

Just some questions/suggestions, hope they help. Have fun with your Trick Room Druddigon! Such a beast.

The Uxie seems interesting, although I like my Duo-solo core xD I'll try it out though. Same with Emboar. Lampent is meh so I'm open to anything there lol. And I like Sucker Punch since it gives me priority in case Trick Room isn't up. And EQ is just there because...idk it just is. I could replace it with Crunch / Dragon Tail I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)