Queen is a Tryhard(Peak #1)

Introduction
After taking a break from Pokemon and missing most of the round, I returned to find the RU tier just as offensive as ever with 65% of teams in the month of January being either Offense or Hyper Offense. This team was created to exploit this and to give me a distinct advantage over most of my opponents before a turn has even been played. Full on Trick Room has been an often overlooked strategy in the RU tier since Cofagrigus has risen to UU , however Trick Room is still extremely deadly and really flourishes in the RU tier as it stands. The overall strategy of the team is to give my opponent no breathing room and no opportunity to set up with something that could be deadly (aka Absol). This team is strange in the sense that it utilizes 4 Pokemon weak to Dark/Ghost type moves and often requires sacrifice and smart play (like not clicking Outrage on Druddigon if you know your opponent is going to bring in SubDD Crawdaunt when TR wears off). The beauty of this team though, is that it can have up to 3-4 win conditions against the majority of the metagame thus allowing sacrifices to be made to ensure a victory. Anyway I have wasted enough of your time so, onto the team!

Uxie @ Lum Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd) [0 Speed IVs]
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- U-turn

Uxie is one of the most amazing Pokemon in the RU tier and is easily the best support Pokemon. With amazing 75/130/130 defences, a passable Special Attack and the ultimate support movepool it was almost mandatory that Uxie was given a place on the team. Uxie will often lead off the match by getting Stealth Rock up, using Trick Room and either U-Turning out or just doing some decent damage with Psychic. With Max Special Attack Uxie can actually do some damage, this is especially good against something like Steelix, allowing me to not set up Trick Room and deal a respectable 25% as Steelix always stays in. This helps ease the pressure on both Aggron and Druddigon who both can struggle at times to get past Steelix. Lum Berry is the item of choice and gives me a reliable way to beat Smeargle by using Trick Room turn one, followed by Psychic as I get slept and then switching out to whatever threatens my opponents team the most.

Dusknoir @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def [0 Speed IVs]
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Destiny Bond

Ah Dusknoir, one of the most useless Pokemon in RU. Normally I wouldn’t be caught dead using this but this time is the exception. I needed something that could set up Trick Room, a Bug resist and something that could hit decently hard, with Max Attack and LO Dusknoir actually serves this role for the team, making the best out of a bad situation. This Dusknoir set hits surprisingly hard, for example:
252Atk Life Orb Dusknoir (+Atk) Earthquake vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Entei(Neutral): 79% - 94% (296 - 350 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Life Orb Dusknoir (+Atk) Earthquake vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Nidoqueen(Neutral): 90% - 106% (292 - 344 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 42% chance to OHKO.
252Atk Life Orb Dusknoir (+Atk) Shadow Punch vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Slowking(Neutral): 71% - 84% (282 - 332 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Add that on top of Destiny Bond and Dusknoir has the ability to potentially take out some common offensive Pokemon and also can take something bulky down with it and is responsible for killing a hell of a lot of Absol. Shadow Punch is a decent STAB attack that hits much harder than shadow sneak (honestly why do people run this).

Aggron @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd) [0 Speed IVs]
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Heavy Slam

If Pokemon had nightmares, Aggron would be responsible for 90% of them. With a Choice Band equipped and Trick Room support you better pray that you have a sturdy resist or a Pokemon will die every turn that Trick Room is active. Aggron is mainly the go to guy early game and will often soften physical walls up to give Druddigon a much easier time. Aggrons Steel typing is a godsend for the team and is especially useful if something like Absol decides to try and Sucker Punch something while Trick Room is up. Overall when Head Smash isn’t missing, Aggron is capable of completely wrecking a team in only 4 turns, making him a perfect fit for the team. The set is pretty standard but Heavy Slam was chosen in the last slot over Fire Punch for a decent secondary STAB move and is useful for when I can’t risk missing Head Smash.

Mesprit @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Healing Wish Mesprit is such an amazing addition to almost any offensive team. The ability to give one of my Pokemon a second chance at life is invaluable as not my teams can handle two Aggron’s or Druddigon’s. Aside from providing Trick Room + Healing Wish support Mesprit also packs a punch with Max Special Attack Mesprit ensures that no turn is wasted and can often clean up late game. Thunderbolt was chosen as the coverage move to be able to hit a lategame Slowking who could be potentially walling my own. Against offense Healing Wish is often not needed but it comes in very handy against the small majority of Defensive teams, allowing Aggron or Druddigon to take a Burn/a lot of damage and then return later to finish off the team.

Druddigon @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd) [0 Speed IVs]
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Dragon Claw

I think we can all agree on how amazing Druddigon is in this meta with amazing attack, superb bulk and that key Dragon typing give it so many opportunities to switch in on many common Pokemon for very little damage. Druddigon is extremely key to this teams success which I was I play insanely careful with him, often making sure he is the Pokemon that I clean up with. Just to elaborate on how impressive Druddigon is here is an example of him vs some of the best physical walls in RU:
252Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Druddigon (+Atk) Outrage vs 252HP/252Def LeftoversPoliwrath (+Def): 59% - 69% (228 - 268 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Druddigon (+Atk) Outrage vs 252HP/252Def LeftoversTangrowth (+Def): 46% - 54% (187 - 222 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 6% chance to 2HKO.
Mold Breaker is a cool move, allowing me to potentially spam Earthquake if my opponent has something like Aggron and Uxie left on their team and watching Rotom try and switch in only to be hit super effectively is extremely fun(It happens more than you would think lol)

Slowking @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock

Slowking is easily the most versatile member of the team, having 3 hard hitting moves that give some nice coverage. If nothing else it was added for the potential to completely destroy most offensive teams. Slowking adds a secondary Fire resistance to the team and is often the Pokemon that I pivot around most. Life Orb is an amazing item for Slowking, giving him a boost in power while not locking him into any specific move and with Regenerator the recoil isn’t noticed too much. Fire Blast is an excellent coverage move to have on a Water type and often nabs a lot of KO’s on Grass types such as Tangrowth, Sceptile, Rotom-Cut and Lilligant. Psyshock is also an extremely useful move, destroying some Pokemon such as Cryogonal, Poliwrath(yes don’t ask me why)and Clefable.

Threats
Dark types such as Absol and Crawdaunt can be extremely difficult to handle if you give them a chance to setup but under Trick Room they can be handled decently. Stall can be somewhat problematic as with multiple physical walls it can be tough to wear them down.

Conclusion
So there we have it, the team I used for the later part of the round. Overall it was pretty fun to use, often earning me wins in 10 turns or less. If you haven’t used Trick Room I would definitely suggest you try it out as its extremely deadly when used correctly. Any rates criticism would be appreciated and if you took the time to read all of this then thanks :).

Importable
Uxie @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- U-turn

Dusknoir (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
- Trick Room
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Destiny Bond

Aggron (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Heavy Slam

Mesprit @ Life Orb
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Druddigon (M) @ Choice Band
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Dragon Claw

Slowking (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock

ss234

bop.
Sup New Breed. This is a very strong team, and you have actually managed to use Dusknoir successfully so good job on that.

This is a very solid team, as proven by your peak, but there are a few weaknesses. Crawdaunt looks like a major threat to you, as it dgaf about aggron thanks to waterfall. To me, it looks like your team would really benefit from a scarfer, as once TR has gone it seems quite easy to sweep straight through you with Absol, which has superpower for Aggron and night slash for everything else.

Therefore, I recommend that you run Choice Scarf Emboar / Sawk over Mesprit. Although Healing Wish is pretty cool, aggron, slowking and druddigon should destroy pretty much every single defensive team by wearing down steelix with CB Outrage's and Head Smashes and then simply run through them, and hazards don't look like that much of a deal since everything on your team is capable of giving common hazard setters a hard time-Slowking destroys Qwilfish, Smeargle loses to Uxie and TR abuser, Crustle loses to pretty much everything etc.

Both sawk and emboar are excellent cleaners, and both will happily take advantage of the huge holes left by CB Druddigon and Aggron. Both can also deal a ton of damage to steelix, and help out against hail a lot(although CB Aggron in TR will maul all hail teams in combination with Slowking). Both can also deal with Absol quite nicely, and have the ability to stop bug types such as Scyther and Galvantula if noir is weakened. Both can also revenge kill +1 Crawdaunt with ease, which the rest of your team struggles against.

Here are the sets for Scarf Sawk and Emboar:
Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This is a very strong team, and congrats on the peak. GL and I hope I helped.

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Yeah New Breed, this team is truly amazing. Trick Room needs a great battler behind the team to make it work, and boy this team works great. Anyway, if those pesky Dark types become too annoying, running a Scarf Emboar, Scarf Sawk, or the Scarf Primeape you love so, could potentially solve that problem. Losing a TR set-upper might hurt, but I think it isn't too bad. Btw, why didn't you use New Dimensions as a RMT title ? ;o I think it's better than this one, oh well haha. Good luck buddy!

Sup New Breed. This is a very strong team, and you have actually managed to use Dusknoir successfully so good job on that.

This is a very solid team, as proven by your peak, but there are a few weaknesses. Crawdaunt looks like a major threat to you, as it dgaf about aggron thanks to waterfall. To me, it looks like your team would really benefit from a scarfer, as once TR has gone it seems quite easy to sweep straight through you with Absol, which has superpower for Aggron and night slash for everything else.

Therefore, I recommend that you run Choice Scarf Emboar / Sawk over Mesprit. Although Healing Wish is pretty cool, aggron, slowking and druddigon should destroy pretty much every single defensive team by wearing down steelix with CB Outrage's and Head Smashes and then simply run through them, and hazards don't look like that much of a deal since everything on your team is capable of giving common hazard setters a hard time-Slowking destroys Qwilfish, Smeargle loses to Uxie and TR abuser, Crustle loses to pretty much everything etc.

Both sawk and emboar are excellent cleaners, and both will happily take advantage of the huge holes left by CB Druddigon and Aggron. Both can also deal a ton of damage to steelix, and help out against hail a lot(although CB Aggron in TR will maul all hail teams in combination with Slowking). Both can also deal with Absol quite nicely, and have the ability to stop bug types such as Scyther and Galvantula if noir is weakened. Both can also revenge kill +1 Crawdaunt with ease, which the rest of your team struggles against.

Here are the sets for Scarf Sawk and Emboar:
Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This is a very strong team, and congrats on the peak. GL and I hope I helped.
Hey Silvershadow, thanks for the rate. I have currently been using Emboar > Dusknoir and it's been working really well. Its still able to check bug types and is pretty reliable at beating Absol so thanks alot man, it definitely improved the team :)

Yeah New Breed, this team is truly amazing. Trick Room needs a great battler behind the team to make it work, and boy this team works great. Anyway, if those pesky Dark types become too annoying, running a Scarf Emboar, Scarf Sawk, or the Scarf Primeape you love so, could potentially solve that problem. Losing a TR set-upper might hurt, but I think it isn't too bad. Btw, why didn't you use New Dimensions as a RMT title ? ;o I think it's better than this one, oh well haha. Good luck buddy!
Hey bro thanks for the rate. Your right I have currently been using Emboar > Dusknoir and it has been working quite nicely, it kinda leaves me open to Hp Water Accelgor but thats much less common than Absol or Crawdaunt. Haha I didn't want my title to have anything to do with Trick Room, as every Trick Room team has something like "Twisted Dimensions" in their title haha.

RU Trick Room teams are really alike, even though it is quite hard to fight agaisnt. Your team is actually the same as mine, except for the scarfer, that was always present in it (I even managed to get a nice ladder at 9th, but them Aggron decided to miss Head Smash).

My question is in Aggron: what coverage you get with Aqua Tail that makes it a better option than Fire Punch? Now you said you have Emboar, but without the pig how you dealed with Ferroseed, which could be a pain to deal thanks to its typing and Iron Barbs...

Well, nice team, and TR is really fun to use, as long as you're able to use it effectively.

RU Trick Room teams are really alike, even though it is quite hard to fight agaisnt. Your team is actually the same as mine, except for the scarfer, that was always present in it (I even managed to get a nice ladder at 9th, but them Aggron decided to miss Head Smash).

My question is in Aggron: what coverage you get with Aqua Tail that makes it a better option than Fire Punch? Now you said you have Emboar, but without the pig how you dealed with Ferroseed, which could be a pain to deal thanks to its typing and Iron Barbs...

Well, nice team, and TR is really fun to use, as long as you're able to use it effectively.
With Aqua Tail Aggron gets coverage on Sandslash and Rhydon. Rhydon is a pain for this team to deal with because it usually carries Megahorn. Ferroseed is 2HKO'd by Aggron's Head Smash but when I see Ferroseed I just usually lead Slowking (as they always lead) and because min speed Slowking outspeeds Ferroseed I just hit it with a Fire Blast and start the game 6-5 up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)