Question About Shoddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is in the right section, this is my first post :).

Anyways, a week ago i tried to install Shoddy and it didn't work. I get on my computer tonight and it magically appears. So I make my team and play a battle. I wouldn't say i'm new to this, as I used to play with my friends competitively but nothing major. So I play my first battle hoping it to be a good one. He's down to about 2 pokemon, and I have 5 left. He quits and I get a win. Okay, it was fun while it lasted. I find a second match, and this guy does the exact same thing, except he fainted none of my pokemon.

My question is are most of the players like this? Because I'd rather actually win the battle instead of it just getting handed to me.

Also, is there a place to see your stats like your wins and losses?

My question is are most of the players like this? Because I'd rather actually win the battle instead of it just getting handed to me.

Also, is there a place to see your stats like your wins and losses?

Answer 1: No you will get a battle from time to time, however there are consideration such as;
  • ghost players
  • rage quitters
  • multi-taskers (people who are involved in more than one battle at once) So it is better to play under a time condition
Answer 2: Well it's not an answer realy I'm just highlighting the fact that I want to know this as well.

You can see your CRE, or rating, but right clicking your name in the right-hand column and selecting "view record"

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There is no win/loss ratio since they are generally inaccurate.
As you win more battles your CRE and rating goes up. Conversely if you lose as well. Your CRE basically shows how well you play and players with similar CREs will get matched up more often than not.
Average rating is as it says - it gives the rough estimate of your rating. This is where you can obtain Mean Rating and Deviation from.
Volatility means how likely you are to beat someone better or worse than you.

tl;dr - more CRE/rating = better.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
The reason you're most likely matched up against poor players is because they likely have low CRE - as you do, since you're new to Shoddy. Ladder for a while and you'll find the quality of opposition improving.

Sometimes people give up when they feel unable to win, or they have the wrong team loaded, want to leave the server, accidentally close the window, disconnect, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)