Question about team eligibility for Rated BS vs. VGC

Okay so I know you can only use Pokémon from the 3 Kalos Pokedexes for VGC tournaments and what-not but does this apply to regular old rated Battlespot?
Like if I were to use something like Ambipom or Clefable who are in the National Dex but not any of the Kalos would it not allow me to enter battle?
Trying to figure this out before I actually start training my team in the game but I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...
Thanks in advance!
-Fr0st

For this season's Special Flat Doubles format you cannot enter with something like Swampert or Hitmontop. This can be easily checked by selecting the "Choose a Pokemon" option on the PGL Ratings page and looking through the list of Pokemon that were used. For regular ranked Flat Doubles anything can be entered except for the few things that are banned by the Flat rules.

The regulations for each season's Special rating battles can be found on the PGL site. Here you can find the list of Pokemon permitted in this season's Special Flat Doubles http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/3/regulation/

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you can use anything from the national dex in the regular rated mode, special season rules vary but they are normally limited kalos natives, same with vgc...

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
you can use anything from the national dex in the regular rated mode, special season rules vary but they are normally limited kalos natives, same with vgc...
technically, the standard rated banlist is all legendaries with bst >= 600 except for landorus and landorus-t.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)