1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Question about team eligibility for Rated BS vs. VGC

Discussion in 'Battle Spot' started by Fr0stWo1f, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Fr0stWo1f

Fr0stWo1f

Okay so I know you can only use Pokémon from the 3 Kalos Pokedexes for VGC tournaments and what-not but does this apply to regular old rated Battlespot?
    Like if I were to use something like Ambipom or Clefable who are in the National Dex but not any of the Kalos would it not allow me to enter battle?
    Trying to figure this out before I actually start training my team in the game but I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...
    Thanks in advance!
    -Fr0st
  2. Kashinn

Kashinn

For this season's Special Flat Doubles format you cannot enter with something like Swampert or Hitmontop. This can be easily checked by selecting the "Choose a Pokemon" option on the PGL Ratings page and looking through the list of Pokemon that were used. For regular ranked Flat Doubles anything can be entered except for the few things that are banned by the Flat rules.

The regulations for each season's Special rating battles can be found on the PGL site. Here you can find the list of Pokemon permitted in this season's Special Flat Doubles http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/3/regulation/
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  3. cant say

cant say

you can use anything from the national dex in the regular rated mode, special season rules vary but they are normally limited kalos natives, same with vgc...
  4. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

technically, the standard rated banlist is all legendaries with bst >= 600 except for landorus and landorus-t.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)