Quote Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently stalked another site similar to this one, but with the focus on Yugioh. After joining said site, I became relatively active there and came across something that Smogon doesn't have that I have grown very used to:

Notifications when someone quotes your post.

I believe that this will be very helpful to Smogon because of the amount of quotes left and right throughout the forums. For example, lets look at the Orange Islands and the Scramble Challange:

In this part of the Forums, quoting is very useful to organize your team given to you and give your thoughts and reasoning as to why you accept or deny the given mon. As a major contender of the Scramble Challange, I have noticed that, more times than I can count, some people miss out on their challange being rejected or asked for changes made to it. This causes confusion and frustration that can clog up the thread and make others miss similar things.

With Suspect testing also going on in the Tier sub-forums, quoting is used in many arguments. I have seen many arguments die without one or another able to defend himself because he didn't know that he was quoted until 2 or more pages later.

As to how to intragate it into this forum, I have no earthly idea. I am not a master of technology, so I have to leave this to the experts.

Note that I searched for a similar suggestion and did not find any like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)