ORAS OU R8 my team? (criticism welcome)

Hey, I haven't been battling long and and this is my current team. I really didn't have too much strategy in mind, besides starting with klefkey and setting up light screen and reflect. The rest of the team is fairly tanky and the idea is to do as much damage as possible while the light screen and reflect are up.

Fat Dragon (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 102 Def / 90 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

I chose Dragonite because it has a very bulky set, regeneration, and a wide move pool. I decided on dragon dance because with the light screen and reflect up from klefkey, dragonite should be able to take a significant hit and be able to come back with higher speed and attack. Roost is obviously for regenerating lost health and can help keep sweeps going longer.

Can't find them (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Flash Cannon
- Play Rough

I’m using this klefkey set as a means to allow dragonite an almost guaranteed turn to use dragon dance, or heracross a chance to use substitute. Prankster allows it to survive in most match ups, and predicting whether the opposing pokemon is physical or special, can allow klefkey to survive even more match ups.

Girly Boi~ (Heracross-Mega) @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Heracross Mega was my choice for a mega because it can take advantage of the screens to get off a quick substitute and subsequently go on a sweep. If I found myself in a bad position with it, like up against an offensive fire type, i could simply swap to dragonite, or if said fire type happened to be slower, I could usually get the OHKO with rock blast. Close combat provides a little bit of coverage, allowing heracross to stay in against a wider variety of foes, while sustaining minimum damage behind the screens.

Fat Dino (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Originally I had a magmortar in this slot though I wasn’t using it much considering if I needed fire I could simply sit on dragonite and not swap out. I decided on changing it to Tyranitar for some dark type stab and a counter for talon flame. Its naturally bulky stats left room for a mainly offensive build while maintaining a semi-bulky set.

Fat Mushroom (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Amoongus generally serves as a bulky defensive wall, and is the only real fairy killer on the team, carrying sludge bomb to get rid of fairy types, and hidden power fire to hit any steel types that might swap in against it. Giga drain provides a lot more sustain, and if the opponent is running something this team doesn’t quite counter, spore can put it away until the opponents team is crippled.

Dishwasher (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This is my main stall wall, able to shut down strong pysical attackers with will-o-wisp, and then use volt switch to swap to whatever best fits against the current match up. In the event that it DOES take a hard hit, pain split supplies a stable method of getting back your health, and further chipping away your opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'll have to lock this for the time being as the RMT rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Reopened

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)