Raichu (Placeholder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A work in progress.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/026.shtml

[Overview]

• Lightningrod and Nasty Plot can give his already decent Special Attack a huge boost, and, when coupled with his good Speed stat, make him a threat that shouldn't be underestimated.
  • Offensive stats are equal, allowing for a mixed sweeper set.
  • A pretty wide movepool, though more specially-based than physical.
  • Lousy Defense and so-so Special Defense means that he won't be taking a lot of hits.
[SET]
name: Nasty Rod
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Focus Blast / Grass Knot
item: Focus Sash / Leftovers / Balloon
ability: Lightningrod

Set comments

• If you predict well, Raichu can be sent in on an Electric attack, giving its Special Attack a big boost. He can just attack from there, or raise the bar again and use Nasty Plot.
  • Raichu gets BoltBeam coverage with Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice, allowing him to put a serious dent in bulky Water and Ground types.
  • Focus Blast is for covering Blissey and Steels that would otherwise wall Raichu.
Additional comments

• Grass Knot is optional for extra assurance for Ground types that HP Ice may not be able to KO, but Focus Blast is recommended over it for coverage.
  • Choosing the right item can determine whether Raichu survives to boost up and sweep. Focus Sash and Balloon may seem like good ideas at first, but it depends on whether Raichu wants to make use of his Lightningrod ability. With one attack, both of them are rendered useless afterward. If Raichu wants to fully use Nasty Rod, Leftovers is probably the best choice, as it gives him more longevity.
[SET]
name: Mixchu (credit goes to PK Gaming)
move 1: Volt Tackle
move 2: Hidden Power Ice
move 3: Focus Blast / Focus Punch
move 4: Substitute / Grass Knot
item: Balloon / Life Orb
ability: Lightningrod / Static
EV: 4 Atk / 252 SpA /252 Spe

Set comments

• Volt Tackle is Raichu's strongest physical STAB move (and strongest overall, tied with Thunder), and is going to hurt whatever doesn't resist it with a Life Orb bonus. The recoil may be off-putting to some, but seeing as how Raichu can't take a lot of hits anyways, it really isn't an issue.
  • As stated before, Hidden Power Ice give Raichu BoltBeam coverage.
  • Choosing between Focus Blast and Punch is a matter of preference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since there's no place to put threads for Pokemon that will be below OU, I'm putting a thread for Raichu here. When a place where he can rightfully go appears, I will try to move him. So please, don't troll me about Raichu not deserving to be in OU. Thank you.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How could you!

;_; I was going to reserve Raichu.
Edit: The first set's slashes are iffy at best. Focus sash is absolutely useless on a non-lead/magic guard pokemon due to the ubiquity of entry hazards and Sandstorm. Leftovers is counterproductive on an offensive set. Raichu doesn't really impress with that base 90 SpA, and he needs all of the power he can get.

It should be:
Balloon / Life Orb

How could you!

;_; I was going to reserve Raichu.
Edit: The first set's slashes are iffy at best. Focus sash is absolutely useless on a non-lead/magic guard pokemon due to the ubiquity of entry hazards and Sandstorm. Leftovers is counterproductive on an offensive set. Raichu doesn't really impress with that base 90 SpA, and he needs all of the power he can get.

It should be:
Balloon / Life Orb
I'm sorry. I didn't know you were going to reserve Raichu. If I had, I would have let you do it.

It makes sense more sense to put Life Orb in instead of FS (I did say that putting FS on was a bad idea). When I was writing, I was thinking about how Raichu would survive long enough to boost all the way. I totally forgot that LO would practically give him a free boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)