Rain Destruction RMT

Rain Destruction Team

My team. I have always wanted to make a team. I finally decided to when
Cychlom playtesting started. I have been working on thi team for a while.
I haven't tested it out with Quilfish yet. But I will. I hope to be able to
ladder with this so I need some help.
---------------------------------------

Bronzong, The Suicide Set-Up

Bronzong
@ Damp Rock

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/128 Atk/128 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
Reasons: Well I was in a battle with Joat and he gave me the idea.
Bronzong is a great set up with good defenses. I usually set up Rain
Dance and Stealth Rocks. Then if the opponent isn't a huge threat I
Reflect. If not I use Explosion right away. Levitate is useful sice Fire is
pretty much a weak threat in rain.
Kingdra, the Special Sweeper

Kingdra
(M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/16 Spd/240 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Waterfall
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Yawn
-------------------------------------
Reasons: Well Kingdra is beast with Rain set up. Waterfall and Hydro
Pump are threats to anything that doesn't resist them, especially in the
Rain. Draco Meteor is for anything besides steel. Yawn is great when
fighting against a wall or tank. Swift Swim makes him fast enough to outspeed a lot of threats
in the rain.
------------------------------------
Kabutops, the Swords Dance Sweeper

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
----------------------------------
Reasons:
Kabutops is pretty beast with rain. Swords Dance brings

up its attack and with Life Orb, STAB, and Rain Dance added into calcs
it's attack is off the charts. Here are the calcs I borrowed.
darkartisan said:
STAB and Life Orb added to a 361 attack Kabutops.
(1.5)+(361)+(30%) = 610 attack!!

multiply by 2, and you have a whopping 1220 attack power!
That has to be dangerous! Aqua Jet is a good fast physical
attack.
---------------------------------
Scizor, the Last Resort

Scizor (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Rain Dance
Reasons: Scizor is good for when my sweepers are gone. He can Bullet
Punch and Brick Break to deal some damage and destroy Blissey in a
couple hits. With a Swords Dance boost he can deal some huge amounts
of damage on most foes.
Cyclohm, the Tank

Cyclohm (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 168 Def/88 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunder
- Slack Off
------------------------------------
Reasons: Thunder and Surf get a positive boost in the rain. Dragon
Pulse is a good special attack no matter what. Slack Off allows a form of healing.
-----------------------------------
Qwilfish, the Toxic Spike Switch-In

Qwilfish (M) @ Damp Rock

EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Explosion
Reasons: The idea is to set up Rain Dance and attempt a sweep on
my own, or Explode on something and send in my other Pokémon
unharmed. Poison Jab is their for some variety. He's also used to negate
Toxic Spikes.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As a Bronzong such as yours usually sets up Rain, gets whatever it can up and dies a bit quick, you really have to watch out for dragons after your rain is gone. Your team is too slow without the rain that a regular 252 speed Cyclohm can walk all over you after the rain stops. Ambipom doesn't get a lot of breaks either in setting up rain, as it has pretty bad typing. Use a Scizor for Bullet Punch and Rain Dance, which will help your team take out threats that did not die during rain yet are severely crippled, as well as get a more reliable user of Rain Dance.

I spoke to you in PM about this team, mainly concerning Kingdra, ambipom, and Kabutops, but I have one more suggestion. Consider running a bit more speed on Kabutops, say, 204 speed EVs. This allows you to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar and slower Heatran, as well as beating out Scarfed + nature base 100s in rain. 20 HP Evs doesn't make that much of a difference on Kabutops anyways, from my own experience.

Even with Waterfall, Tops works best with Aqua Jet as well. It beats the faster scarfers and beats other priority Pokes. And give it max Speed.

Don't bother with max speed. All you fail to outspeed with 204 speed evs in rain are Scarf Weavile and Dugtrio, who die to Aqua Jet, Scarf Timid Gengar/Azelf, of which the former is defeated by aqua jet and the latter is nonexistant, and Scarf Aerodactyl, which is NEVER seen.

Don't bother with max speed. All you fail to outspeed with 204 speed evs in rain are Scarf Weavile and Dugtrio, who die to Aqua Jet, Scarf Timid Gengar/Azelf, of which the former is defeated by aqua jet and the latter is nonexistant, and Scarf Aerodactyl, which is NEVER seen.
My mistake. I just always ran mine with max, but that was about a year ago (man I'm drunk). Yeah, Max speed ain't needed, ignore that first one.

Yeah, I have to agree with Atryoki. I put Cyclohm as my first pokemon in the team and then built around him. So he is good with and without rain.

Please tell me you don't really mean to use Scizor to setup Rain Dance! Scizor is being wasted here by throwing Damp Rock on it and wasting a move slot that is better suited for a different pokemon. Please change it to hold a Life Orb and replace Rain Dance with either Roost or X-Scissor.

Sorry Wobby, but that's the point of Scizor. He sets up rain dance but manages to do some major damage on Blissey, and others, while staying strong to Salamence and the likes.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Please tell me you don't really mean to use Scizor to setup Rain Dance! Scizor is being wasted here by throwing Damp Rock on it and wasting a move slot that is better suited for a different pokemon. Please change it to hold a Life Orb and replace Rain Dance with either Roost or X-Scissor.
It fits his team, who cares. He gets a dragon resist in a dragon infested metagame, which is extremely important. It just seems like you're saying that a set like CB Scizor should be the only set Scizor uses because it is good. Damp Rock Scizor is fine enough to set up Rain, and can come in on shit like Tyranitar who would be an ass to Rain Dance teams otherwise, Rain Dance when Tar is threatened, and you have the advantage at that point. You're completely missing the point that it's a team, not a single pokemon that sticks out like a sore thumb.

This here is taken from the Rain Dance guide that LR made.
Scizor - Scizor is an excellent supporting Pokémon on rain teams. Auto-weather inducers are the bane of rain teams, and Scizor can deal with Tyranitar and Abomasnow with ease using its powerful Bullet Punch. Also, its excellent defenses and typing can be built upon, allowing it to take out many other threats to rain teams such as Celebi, Blissey, Vaporeon and Hippowdon.
Ludicolo can't do any of that. It just builds upon the fact that Tyranitar and Dragons can completely trample this team after rain is gone.

Just a quick tidbit, 128 EVs guarentees KOs on Blissey, Snorlax, and some other pokemon I am forget, heh.

And Rain Dance on Cyclohm isn't THAT bad of an idea. I hardly find myself using Slack Off anyways, so it may be something to at the very least test out.

Edit, erm, interesting first post, Blog, but how is that relevant?

I also run SD Kabutops on my rain teams, albeit with mystic water attached. Same set and everything... a +1 rock slide w/o LO still ohkos gyara.

Arghonaut will cause problems for some important members of your team, any set with recover will be able to switch it and waste your turns of rain. Ohm is a good new counter for him but it could still get dicey. I might recommend swords dance on qwilfish as well, not to turn him into a sweeper but to lure in stuff like argho and vaporeon so you can explode on them (watch out for protect.)

Also, an opposing kingdra that comes in and dragon dances on one of your switches OHKOs everyone. (Not actually sure about that but no one can really switch in.) As always your best bet is to force it to outrage and go to sciz or zong and hopr for the best, but I might recommend changing sciz to CB with quick attack just to deal with foe swift swimmers.

Otherwise looking good, I might start using ohm on my rain teams.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Because the majority of your team is very offensive and you seem to want to set up Rain Dance with Scizor as a secondary, I would possibly switch Scizor to the following set.

Scizor (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Technician
EVs: 176 HP/100 Atk/56 Spd/176 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn / Brick Break
- Rain Dance
- Roost

It still sets up Rain Dance but has increased durability. The EVs are simply the defensive EVs listed under the "It's a trap!" set in the current Scizor analysis.

I would also suggest Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse on Cyclohm. I've never been able to keep Cyclohm in play enough to "sweep" and it has been more of a hit-and-run Pokemon for me, so I'm assuming it has been the same case with you. Draco Meteor fits this type of play better.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Draco meteor probably is not the best option. STAB thunder in the rain, and once rain runs out a reliable STAB move with perfect accuracy and no drawbacks is quite useful. I probably wouldn't reccomend draco meteo.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Draco Meteor does massive damage to anything not named Blissey. It is much stronger when it is outside of rain (so after rain runs out, they switch to something like Latias, expecting rain dance, only to be met by dm.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)