Rain in XY UU

Why is Parasect there lol
Parasect is actually pretty viable in rain teams because it benefits fire moves being weakened, can sponge opposing water and electric moves and stall thanks to Dry Skin and Leech Seed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be adding a few newcomer into the list now, but I didn't get much time to see how they do in the meta.
Considering to add Blissey and Goodra and re-adding Hydreigon who returned back to UU.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what should be added / removed?

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Parasect is actually pretty viable in rain teams because it benefits fire moves being weakened, can sponge opposing water and electric moves and stall thanks to Dry Skin and Leech Seed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be adding a few newcomer into the list now, but I didn't get much time to see how they do in the meta.
Considering to add Blissey and Goodra and re-adding Hydreigon who returned back to UU.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what should be added / removed?
Just because something has an ability that benefits from rain doesnt mean its instantly viable.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
no but the playstyle it relies on is unviable, which makes anything that makes it viable rather pointless. if rain were permanent sect could be mentioned, but 5/8 turn rain isn't enough to make rain stall even close to viable.

Would also like to nominate Metagross as an rain setter that can also soften walls with Explosion. It's also pretty bulky and not having that fire weakness is pretty nice.

I feel that Toxicroak is a potentially wasted slot on a rain team, and ironically is actually more of a hindrance to them and works better as a rain check. It's a pokemon with a fantastic typing and ability, but the passive nature of dry skin really benefited much more from fifth generation's infinite rain and only 5 to 8 turns of rain means only rain offence is really viable. Rain aids Toxicroak defensively, giving it double leftovers and an immunity to the boosted water attacks of rain teams while also reducing the fire type attacks it's semi-weak to. Toxicroak is generally an offensive pokemon though. It has a phenomenal defensive typing and ability but an awful defensive stat spread.

Toxicroak is much better as a soft rain check than a pokemon on a rain team. If you're using him on a rain team he's probably best off as a semi-defensive tank using dry skin and drain punch to absorb weaker hits and offset life orb damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)