Rain Offense[RMT/Peaked 5#PO]

Hello smogon,I'm a italian player and this is my first rmt since i started this game 1 year ago.Anyway,I started playing on pokemon online since Smogon has moved to PS.I made top 5 in Po ladder whit this rank:

Now i builded this team around a core:Thundurus-t,Tornadus-t,Politoed and Keldeo.Then I needed a spinner and a srocker.My choice fell on tentacruel and ferrothorn,for coverage of electro, latios, keldeo, Politoed, Terrakion, rotom-w mainly.Now go into sets of my members:

Thundurus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
Nasty plot thundurus-t is such a beast he destroys many treaths like Jirachi in the rain, jellycent, Tentacruel, Sdef celebi and chansey.All problems for my keldeo.This is my wallbreaker infact destroy quite a lot of stall in the currently metagame like Hyppo+Heatran+skarmory+celebi+filler members like starmie,sableye,rotom-w and jellycent.
Obvious spread max spatk and max spd.Leftovers>life orb because i don't lose any okho or 2okho and I up my staying power.

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
This is my obvious weather setter.Probably,the best set in bw2 ou destroys mainly rotom-w,latios,breloom,gastrodon and put other politoed into a range of my keldeo sweep.
The spread is easy max spatk and max spd TIMID.Timid why?because i hit hard breloom whit a surprise kill.That is fondamental,for all the my members.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Secret Sword
My star Keldeo.Out of toxicroak,jellycent,celebi,tentacruel,breloom,politoed,latios,chansey,amonguss,gastrodon and starmie this destroys all.That poke need of a rain or a pursuiter but in this case my choice fell on rain so i don't have pursuit users.Politoed,Tornadus-t and Thundurus-t are fondamental,infact they take all this treath quite good and allow to keldeo of sweeping opponent team.I love it!

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Taunt
- Substitute
This tornadus-t is a beast.Hurricane spam is the way,whit his spd tornadus hit a lot of dangerous treaths like starmie,latios,alakazam,gengar etc...superpower+taunt help me against chansey the first switch in on tornadus.But not only this, infact this is my ''leader'' against deoxis-d+gengar teams(against good player pay attention to magic coat,is important to use hurricane and the successive turn taunt) or trick rooms.Substitute allow me to sweep toxicroak easily at +2.Obv spread

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Now my defensive core,for first ferrothorn.This is my srocker and my principal switch into latios,latias,politoed and dragon in general like dragonite,salamence.Power whip for hit jellycent,starmie,sedf or fast tentacruel and gastrodon.Leech seed + protect for a recover combination.

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
The last member is the my spinner.This form whit ferrothorn one of the best core since bw1 ou.Is the my first switch into keldeo,terrakion,scizor,conkeldurr,specifically fight spam.Tentacruel allow me to raise toxic spikes,dangerous for keldeo and politoed,to raise SR dangerous for my thundurus-t and my tornadus-t.Protect for scout and a little recover whit rain dish.Toxic for cripple rotom-w and gastrodon,two important treath to make out for my keldeo

There aren't a lot of problems infact only agility thundurus-t and subroostkyurem(against this, pay attention to set up the substitute).In the screen I'm -NIDHOGG,3nity and GTA.I hope you like it

Hello there,

A nice rain offense team you have there. They are getting quite common, aren't they! Anyways, I notice quite the weakness to Thundurus-T. Mostly the Agility variant. Although a move such as Focus Blast doesn't ohko Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn cannot do anything back, really. To help in the matter, you could use Latias / Latios > Thundurus-T. Either of which is acceptable. But, since this team is pretty offensive, you might want to consider Latios. A Life Orb set should be sufficient. Back to the Thundurus-T weakness, there isn't much that can be done to this team that doesn't change it completely. However, this change helps in the matter. If you choose to make this change, and if you find Ferrothorn to be a minor issue, you can run Focus Blast > Surf on Politoed for some nice Super Effective damage.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Surf

This is a good team. Hope these changes help. Good luck and congrats on the team's ladder success.

I hate rain, and I would hate to face this team!

That being said, you can remedy your Agility Thundurs-T problem by running Gyro Ball over Power Whip on Ferrothorn. Focus Blast won't OHKO you and even with your 0 Attack EVs, you still deal a good 40% or so, and if you went for full investment, you have a shot at a 2HKO, even though Gyro ball is resisted.

Bryce

Lun
Oh so you're -NIDHOGG

Hey there,like previously mentioned this team is weak against Agility Thundurus-T,as well as RP Landorus and RP Terrakion.tbh,most offensive teams are weak to poweful speed boosters,so unless you want to introduce strong priority attacks or go for wall,you're better of just playing carefully so they don't set up.

I see a big weakness to SubCM Latias,it gets many set up opportunities and after a few boosts,it can effectively sweep you're team.To remedy this,I suggest you change ferrothorn's attack from Power whip to Gyro Ball,preventing SubCMLatias from setting up.Although you become more gastrodon weak,Toxic Tentacruel and NP Thundurus-T is enough to deal with it along with HP grass specs toed.

Good Luck

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Yo there, this is quite a good team so props for that.

I dont have to change much, since your team already have good sinergy, but i think that some of your sets can be improved.
Honestly i think that you should put Gyro ball on ferrothorn somewhere, probalby instead of Protect. The reason is fairly simple, with that move you can hit hard Dragons like Salamence or Dragonite, break the sub of Latios, hit Tornadus and also Kyurem-b for great damage. Gyro ball also helps to be less setup fodder for pokemon like Gengar that under the sub can be problematic. I would also like to try Spikes instead of leech seed, honestly i've never found the recovery so important for an offensive team like this, but spikes is nice since it helps accumulating damages for your offensive sweepers.

Now i think you should put SUbstitute on tentacruel for a coupel of reason. First, Ferrothorn is quite screwed by scald of your opponent, and nothing on your team can avoid being burned by it, lets say you are facing a rain stall and your cruel got burned, you have probably lost the game. Substitute allows you to sub before others bulky waters can scald, (toed and cruel for example) and to win the scald war. It also helps a bit against jellicent, because it cant burn you.

Now i think you can try a different set on Thundurus-t. Nasty plot thundurus is quite impossible to stop if your hopponent has a defensive team, but honestly stall teams are not common anymore, so i suggest you to put Agility instead of Focus blast. The bolt beam coverage is already enough to cripple stall teams, you only lose Ttar, chansey and Ferrothorn. What you get with a double boost Thundurus is the freedom to choose the best boost depending on which type of team your hopponent has.

Now since i dont want to leave you weak to ferrothorn, i think you can even put Focus blast in your Specs toed instead of Surf or Hydro pump, its up to you. In this way you can baitkill it and avoid getting completely walled by it. Sub cruel also helps quite a bit dealing with it once you have burned it, Keldeo has secret sword and Torna-t can taunt it. Honestly i dont think you are weak to blissey or Tyranitar, the first is not even that common to care that much about and the second lose against pretty much your whole team bar thundurus-t, so its not an issue. Hope i helped, gl!

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi,
you got a solid team, pretty standard but still quite good. The most relevant things I'd like to point out are the following:
  1. Your Thundurus-T set could use a different item, for sure, and maybe also a different choice of set-up move. Thundurus-T is a frail poke, and IMHO it's quite counterproductive to use Leftovers on it,since you're just keeping down its power when its main role is to shatter walls and whatever comes through its path, so every source of power is welcome. Lefties aren't going to lenghten its lifespan by much, anyway. Life Orb looks a better item, giving you plenty of power and avoiding lock-in problems that affect Choice items. An alternative, if you really dislike LO, is Expert Belt: although it works worse to break walls, it avoids you the recoil, so it can have an advantage I guess. Furthermore, I'd like to suggest Agility over Nasty Plot: in my experience, while after a NP Thundurus is literally unwallable (except by Gastrodon, but who uses it these days), it is easily revenge killed or, if your opponent predicts the NP, switched into and disposed by fast threats like Keldeo, Terrakion, Lati@s and the likes. Agility, while not giving you the same, huge power, allows you to surprise switch-ins and hopefully sweep with LO Thunder (if you opt for Agility, I strongly support LO as the item of choice) and the other coverage moves. If you opt for Agility, you can consider dropping to 188 the Speed EVs with a Modest nature, to get more immediate power, some EV to spend into survivability, and retain the ability to outspeed everything up to Timid Saur in Sun after a boost.
  2. I support Neliel's suggestion of Focus Blast > Surf onto Politoed. Onto Specs Toed, the hit-or-miss issue is less huge than, say, a Scarf Keldeo, when you rely on Surf for key revenge kills. Focus Blast comfortably 2HKOs Ferrothorn, which is quite valuable when it takes pittance from everything else and can set up Leech Seed, Rocks, or whatever else it likes.
  3. I'd use a SubToxic Tentacruel set over yours. Basically, just remove Protect to use Substitute, and change the nature to Timid. THis allows to better use the awesome base speed of Tenta, and troll many, many things in the rain (infinite recovery plus fast Toxic destroys things like SubDD Gyarados or Dragonite, that otherwise think they can just come in, Sub on resisted Scalds, and start setting up). It also offers, as already pointed out, Status protection, which is quite nice.
  4. Gyro Ball > Power Whip is also a good idea (credit, again, to Neliel). Many things that would be hit by Power Whip are crippled anyway by Leech Seed, and Gyro Ball is better to break many Subs (Kyurem, Lati@s, Nite, etc etc).

Other than those nitpicks, the team is pretty nice. Hope my rate helped to improve it, good luck!

thanks for the rate,but i mustn't put latios>thundurus-t because if i do this tornadus-t will be difficult to stop

Hi, i use the exact same team. It's pretty standard nowadays. I agree with Ganj4lF. Another problem i see is baton pass teams although rare, they can wreck your team. After a few SDef boosts nothing can break their subs bar keldeo, which wouldnt be doing too much damage with secret sword to something like vaporeon. To remedy this i suggest using Perish Song > Surf/Hydro Pump on Politoed. This allows you to ruin baton pass chains while only being stopped by taunt. Hope I helped

D i a b l o

Hi Stex, cool team.
First of all, you are really weak and CMRachi and for to stem it, you should just to sweep before him and it is difficult since it has several entrances, then I advise you to make a really strange change that is Tyranitar over Ferrothorn (standard set with SR), does pretty much the same job but you are sure of kill the Latwins.
Now you're weak to DragonSpam then you can put CBScizor over Tornadus-T in order to still have a steel.
Sorry for my bad english and I hope to have helped you, good luck.

hi man grats for your peak..

this is a standard rain team, so cmrachi destroys the whole team...
try Bulldoze>protect on ferrothorm, this could be good also vs subcharge magnezone

Hi Stex.
A team very strong and effective rain, I can't really Rate it seems correct to me, but I see that you are very disadvantaged in Tornatus-T. It's a Kill because Thundurus-T is 2HKO by Hurricane after SR's and it cannot the outspeed. I can give you a council but you will need to remove your wonderful core (Keldeo, thundurus, Torna, Politoed) so I'll suggest you to Bronzong on Ferrothorn, with Bronzong you can tank Tornadus-T, but also Landorus that may violate your team, you're gonna tell me then that you are weak to Tios/Tias/Rotom, really you have Thundurus-T with the cap.SPE Volt Absorb, and Bronzong has Toxic. Then threats such as Gliscor-Nite-Salamence are more a problem with Hidden power ice! I suggest you put on Bronzong Protect with this move he can heal with the Leftovers and you can also scooter the opponent.

Then I suggest you to Tentacruel in Sub/Toxic, because it is the only Pokémon that can hold against the team's rain, because under a sub you can come Burn Ferrothorn with Scald or Toxic a Rotom/Toed, it is just good for your team and it can spinn more easily in this form.

After I see that you put Sub/Taunt it Tornadus-T but I find that it is useless here, you have a very good spinner and you lose a very good move (Uturn) for scooter and you are disadvantage against breloom which can spore on the arrived Tornadus-t which makes it useless, I suggest you to Sleep Talk also, you can come on Breloom without problems now ^ ^

I appreciate a lot your team, I put a "Like"

Bronzong
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Toxic (Toxic is Better)

Tl;dr
Tornadus-T---> Sleep Talk>Substitute;Uturn>Taunt
Tentacruel---> Substitute>Protect

oh thanks at all another times!
yes i put the leftovers for this reason on thundurus-t,because tornadus-t was dangerous,but whit attention and good play isn't a big problem xd
I will test bronzong

Jirachi cminder isn't a problem because thundurus-t absorb thunder and +1 water pulse made around 40%,while psicoshock 2okho me but in this case i put rachi in a range of keldeo's surf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)