Rain Rain Rain, very much Pain

Introduction

Yo, smogon!
Thats my second RMT in this Forum (my other RMT was before 2 weeks, so I can post that RMT now ...)
It is a rain team (yeah, standard ._.).
This RMT is incurred, as I was going to try Toxicroak.
But Toxicroak is not the star from the team, its the little Pony!
You'll se that, now:

At a Glance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Depth

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Scald
-Toxic
-Protect
-Perish Song

Dat Poli Set might be the best. It is - what it does not seem - very bulky with this split. With this EV spread, Poli can take very many physical punches, but special, he can take relative good too (Latias with DMeteor do 95 %)
The Moves are the best from this set: Scald is for the STAB, and has a great burn-chance and quite good base-power, Toxic is for stalling and for Latias or something wo want switch into Poli (mostly he takes an U-Turn in the first Round of the game, and the pokemon who switch in takes Toxic).
Toxic is also good for Jellicent.
Protect has many jobs:
1) It let me scout the move from the enemy and I can switch a counter in or use toxic, to poison the switch-In
2) If Toxic is used on one pokemon, with Protect I can deal passive-damage
3) It give me one free leftovers-recovery turn and switch 2HKO's into 3HKO's
Perish Song is very good for set-up sweepers, with protect + perish song I can force many sweepers to switch out, even if they have +1 or +2 or something.
All in all, Poli is a quite good member, and unreplacable (lol rain team), and with Jirachi and Skarm, he builds a quite good defensive Synergy.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Atk / 120 Def / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Subsitute
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch

He was the reason for this new team, and I must say, BulkUp Croak is awesome. I like it more than the Swords Dance Set, cause this set has good Bulk after one or two Bulk Ups (höhöhöh Bulk Up makes him bulky).
The Spread is quite standard, 12 Spd Evs for setting up a subsitute before he use will o wisp or thunderwave.
As I said, with Bulk Up and this spread he is relative bulky. Drain Punch gives with Dry Skin and Black Sludge very very good recovery.
A time before, I run Ice Punch over Sucker Punch to hit Landorus-Therian harder, but without Sucker Punch, Lati@s had an easier game.

Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
-Voltswitch
-Thunder
-Hidden Power Ice
-Focus Blast

This is more a filler, but he do his job quite well.
With Choice Scarf, he is a respectable revenge killer, and with his sky-high special attack, not many pokemon are safe Switch-Ins (Focus Blast on Blissey do at least 28%).
Voltswitch is the most useful move in this set, with this move I can keep the momentum on my side.
Thunder is the strongest Move in the set, with base power 120, STAB, and the 30% paralyze chance the move is very hard.
Hidden Power Ice is for the coverage, and Focus Blast rounds it off.
Possibly, I can run Grass Knot over Focus Blast to hit Gastrodon switch-Ins harder (Tips?)

Keldeo-R @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Subsitute
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Mysticsword

This Set, is Boss of the Metagame!!!!
Subsitute-Calm Mind is so awesome, it is my favorite set of the hole pokemon-game.
Leftovers are, to recover the damage from the subsitute.
Evs are standard.
Subsitute is the crux of this set, with Keldeos good speed he can mostly set up a subsitute bevor somebody can toxic or paralyze him.
Calm Mind is to boost his SAtk to very high levels, but even without a boost, Keldeo do respectable damage.
I run Surf over Hydro Pump, because I hate the low accurate of Hydro Pump.
Mystic Sword is standard. Another reason why I love Keldeo is, that Blissey can't wall this set, because Mystic Sword hit the physical defensive.
So good, UNREPLACEBLE!

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
-Spikes
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Whirlwind

The physical part of the core. Not much to say, the spread is from Dr. Ciel.
Spikes is standard, Brave Bird is to OHKO Loom.
Roost and Whirlwind is also standard.
Replacable, but I haven't got any idea...

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Selene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
-Stealth Rock
-Wish
-Iron Head
-U-Turn

sweet sweet pokemon! Jirachi, the Wish-Pokemon, is mostly the lead.
He is Special defensive, cause I have nothing special defensive.
In rain, he is very bulky, cause her fire weak is halfed and is not more and weak.
Stealth Rock is normal, Wish to, Iron Head is funny with selene grace.
U-Turn is to be not a set-up bait for magnezone, I saw him more often.
Probebably, I can run Protect over U-Turn ...​

Conclusion​

So, that was my team.
I hope I'll get many rates! ^^
See ya'll!​

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hello dude, your team looks nice, and there aren't many mistakes to correct, but some movesets are incorrect.

Thundurus (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Why timid and not modest?That's simple, because Timid nature allows you to oustpeed base 100 pokemon, such as Salamance, Jirachi. Then, thundurs has already an huge power with timid nature ;)
-----
Keldeo @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Sacred Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]/Substitute

-Meh, this could be an interesting set for your team. HP Ghost hits Jellicent, Celebi, Slowbro; but if you have some problems with status effects such as toxix, burn etc substitute is surely better, but i think that hp ghost is better than sub :)
-----
Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 16 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic/ Toxic Spikes
- Substitute/ Protect
- Rapid Spin

Mhh, you can sub tentacruel>toxicroak, because you're very weak to hazards in general.

i think that's all, and good luck with your team

Thanks for your help!

Thundurus: Ok, I'll change the nature to timid.

Keldeo: I would like to let Subsitute on my set, cause with Sub, I can block Leech Seed, Toxic, TWave, Taunt and so on. Jellicent is countered good by Toxicroak and Thundurus.

Tentacruel: Yeah, I am weak to Hazards, but Toxicroak is one of the best Members ... Maybe I can play Tentacruel over Skarm?

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hi DarkGiratina,your team is very nice,but I suggest you any changes.
For first I suggest you to follow Hellpowna's suggestions about change the nature of Thundurus-T(Timid>Modest) and change Toxicroak with Tentacruel because the hazards are a big problem for your team especially the Stealth Rock that can cause problems to Thundurus-T and this is a problem because he is your only Electric Resistor.
Your team has hard times vs Rock polish Special Landorus,wich he can setup and sweep your team literally and Rotom-W,Thundurus-T and Electric moves users can give you any problems because you don't have solid resistors.Then I suggest you to try Celebi over Skarmory because he covers you better by the Electric Moves(Thundurus-T is your only Electric resistor)and Rock Polish Special Landorus.
For second on Keldeo try Hidden Power [Ghost] over Substitutefor hit hard Jellicent,Celebi,Slowbro,Slowking (they can stop your sweep easily) and now without substitute try to use Life Orb over Leftovers for have a better chance of sweep!
Or try Lum Berry over Leftovers so you are immune by Thunder Wave,Toxic,Will-O-Wisp... (these moves reduce your chance of sweep).

Celebi Set

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Recover
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo Set

Keldeo @ Lum Berry/Life Orb
- Calm Mind
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Secret Sword

Good Luck with your team!

Hi! Thanks for the help!
I try it out, but I think I'll use Celebi over Skarmory.
As for Keldeo, let me think if I take the proposed set, cause I love the subsitute Set. But I'll try it out, promised!

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
I try it out, but I think I'll use Celebi over Skarmory.
If you do that, you are EXTREMELY weak to Mamoswine, it's hard to get a free switch with it against your team, but if it does, you're in trouble. I don't know how to fix this without changing your team too much, but keep skarm and replace something else with celebi, becuase you do need it.

Hey DarkGiratina, nice team, but it does have some flaws that I would like to suggest.

Firstly, changing Thunudurus-T's nature to timid over modest is HUGE, as this allows you to possibly win the speed tie with opposing Scarf Thundurus-T's, as well as being able to outspeed base 100 scarfers, such as Jirachi and Salamence.

Secondly, in order to help deal with the mamoswine weakness if you replace skarmory with Celebi, I suggest you change it to specially defensive rotom-W instead.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Calm
248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SpDef
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Rotom-W allows you to be able to take special hits better, along with Rotom being able to take out some of your teams major problems, being Sheer force Landorus and Mamoswine. The ev's are for maximum bulk, as well as being able to OHKO Standard Gliscor, who could give your team problems if Toxicroak is dead and it's the sub toxic variant.

Thirdly, HP Ghost is so good on Keldeo, since it pretty much gets rid of the only hard counter it has in the form of Jellicent. I know how much you like the Sub Variant, but without HP Ghost, you get walled by Jellicent, which you can't really deal with unless you have Thundurus-T, and Scald in the rain does around 45-55% in the rain to Thundurus-T, so Keldeo really needs HP Ghost. However, with the removal of Substitute, Calm Mind just by itself won't be very beneficial, because it leaves Keldeo open to status. Therefore, I recommend replacing Calm Mind with Icy Wind and to change Keldeo's item to an Expert Belt. With icy wind and an expert belt, keldeo is able to slow down any poke that may be faster than it, and then subsequently be able to outspeed and kill, and with an expert belt, you are able to fake the choice item and be able to get a few surprise KO's. If you're going to be using this offensive set, I also recommend changing surf to Hydro Pump. With Hydro Pump in the rain, you'll be doing massive damage to anything that comes in. If you aren't using Hydro Pump on Keldeo in the rain, you aren't using it right.

Finally, I would like to suggest you to change Jirachi from a specially defensive set to an offensive calm mind set. With Rotom-W being able to take hits from the special side (and physical side once it gets a burn on something), Jirachi can afford to take a more offensive role on the team. The set I recommend using is:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Spd, 252 SAtk
-Thunder
-Calm Mind
-Water Pulse
-Hidden Power Grass

Offensive Calm Mind Jirachi is such an underrated threat in the metagame right now. The ev's are given so that you can have as much power and to speed tie with other Base 100's. The moves are quite standard, except for HP Grass, which is so you can hit Gastrodon, who significantly walls your team very badly. Thunder and Water Pulse is to abuse rain, and also to abuse the 60% Parafusion they can give off when combined. With a +1 Boost in SAtk and SDef, Rachi will be able to take attacks for days.

That's all I can really see for the team right now. I hope these changes help you in your course of battling.

Yo!
Thx for your help!
I like Celebi, but I'll test Rotom.
But if I change the set from jirachi to yours, I haven't got Stealth Rocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)