1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Rain Walls

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Pervy Sage, Feb 2, 2013.

  1. Pervy Sage

    Pervy Sage

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2013
    Messages:
    7
    I've been thinking about a way to use two Evee family members in a team. After hours of thought and battling,I found it! Vaporeon,and Espeon.With the help of some rain and bulky Pokemon,I found the answer to my questions.Now,before you go on this team requires a bit of thinking,don't think that you can just copy it and win immediately..

    [​IMG]
    Politoed @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Protect
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    Politoed is obviously going to be on this team.I like the Evs i put on him so he can take thunderbolts and live to hit back hard with a scald.The move set is pretty self explanatory.


    [​IMG]

    Espeon @ Light Clay
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Timid Nature
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

    Espeon I really liked to the team.I was thinking about Cresselia but Espeon was wayy cuter and it has been blessed with Magic Bounce.Magic bounce just forces out things like Ferrothorn giving me a move to set up Light Screen and Reflect.With Espeons already huge Special Attack stat psychic can dent anything that doesn't resist it. The Clay is to help the Reflect and Screen stay up a bit longer.EV set is just to wall most things.I didn't add any speed EVs because Espeon is already crazy fast.


    [​IMG]


    Latios@ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Recover
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    I love Latios so much for the good that he has done.He can either wall or just spam Meteors at people. I was going to put Psychic instead of a Surf but I had noticed Espeon has a strong Psychic and why use it again?I figured I'd use Surf for the extra boost and rain and it can do massive damage under Latios.The Ev set is to out speed almost anything and hit HARD.The Life orb helped me a lot.The Life orb recoil is nothing to worry about with Recover.

    [​IMG]


    Keldeo @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]

    As for many Rain teams, Keldeo is a Staple or must have.I used a standard Calm mind set but even without a single calm mind Keldeo can cause massive damage.The Hidden Power Ghost used to be a Hidden power Ice but I noticed I wasn't using it and noticed the obvious psychic switch in against Keldeo,so I added in a HP Ghost.The Hidden Power Ghost one hits mostly any psychic out there.

    [​IMG]

    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Spd / 200 SAtk / 56 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Thunder
    - Thunder Wave
    - Psychic
    - Water Pulse

    In addition to the many cute Pokemon in the team,I had to add Jirachi for a few reasons. Serene Grace,It's so good.An unmissable Thunder with a powered up Water Pulse. 60% chance to Paralyze and 40% to Confuse. Thunder wave was to start crippling other pokemon or to stop fast pokemon. Psychic was a pretty basic STAB. Usually with Jirachi you can pull off a ParaFusion which lets you set up with things like Vaperon.The EV set was to quickly kill.

    [​IMG]

    Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Acid Armor
    - Baton Pass
    - Aqua Ring
    - Scald
    VAPOREON,I love the HP bulk on it. It's not really the star of my team but I just like it,lol. The set I put on it was to wall psychical attackers and just keep gaining HP back.The Scald was pretty basic a nice STAB with a boost in rain.The EV set was to wall special attackers.I already have Acid Armor,why not invest in special defense? The baton pass is to pass on to things like Latios and whatnot.I feel like i should change the move set but I feel ok with this set


    Well that was the team.Leave a rate and let me know of some changes I should make. While testing this Team in the Smogon Server (Pokemon Showdown) I was 8-2

    Here is my Synergy chart

    http://www.marriland.com/tools/team-builder#838|1033|1573|786|1037|848|"]http://www.marriland.com/tools/team-builder#838|1033|1573|786|1037|848|"]http://www.marriland.com/tools/team-builder#838|1033|1573|786|1037|848|
  2. Thetwiggy13

    Thetwiggy13

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    87
    Hi, first off nice team you have here. I've noticed several common weaknesses to types like grass, electric, and anything Jellicent. Also, sweepers like Tornadus, Rotom-W, and to an extent Breloom can get some damage. Here is what I suggest:
    Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
    - Calm Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Recover
    - Stealth Rock
    - U-Turn / HP Ice
    Why? Celebi is a nice counter with Natural Cure on Jellicent, and Rotom-Wash is limited to unSTAB attacks. Giga Drain is nice STAB, Recover is obviously to live longer, SR is for Tornadus, sun teams, etc, and U-Turn is to run from Pursuit Scizor and T-tar. HP Ice can be used for dragons, but you may as well just go for Psychic unless you need it for Lat@s. Also, it decently pairs with Jirachi. This is sent from my phone so if anything sounds weird, I'll edit as needed. Hope I helped!!
  3. Pervy Sage

    Pervy Sage

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2013
    Messages:
    7
    Alright,I've been thinking about celebi but never tested it.problem is i don't know what to take out.
  4. Goodra

    Goodra

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2011
    Messages:
    375
    I'd suggest taking out Espeon for Celebi. Duel Screens is really ment for more offensive oriented teams who generally lack defensive Pokemon to take any hits. Plus it was already not doing much damage with HP Fire being pretty bad in permarain. Of course this leaves you without a way of keeping hazards off the field. If you don't mind removing another member I'd suggest using a Tentacruel or Starmie for a Spinner.

    Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic / Toxic Spikes
    - Scald
    - Protect / Substitute

    Starmie @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
    - Rapid Spin
    - Scald
    - Psyshock / Ice Beam
    - Recover
  5. Thetwiggy13

    Thetwiggy13

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    87
    I think with the above that Tentacruel has more bulk and because of this it is, to an extent, the better of the two. If I were you I'd replace Vaporeon since you already have several waters as it is and Poli & Keldeo seem pretty important. Vaporeon also is a Baton Passer, and while that is nice, it is awkwardly slow at the beginning and all through the end of the game. Also, now you can put down layers of TS that are your own; but to what extent of use they are is dependent on how you play and what your strengths are gonna be.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)