1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Rainy Daze

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Jolteon Bandit, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Lol okay okay Lavos. I will try it. I agree with you though, Toed and Vappy were essentially the same poke... I really loved Vaporeon though. Oh well.
  2. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Alright, since I've made the suggested changes, the team has gotten somewhat better. I think the biggest problems for this team are a.) I'm still trying to figure this team out with the new additions, b.) Landorus, and c.) Sun teams. I know "a" will get better with time. "B" can be countered by Gyarados, but Stone Edge will 2HKO if I have to switch into it. As for "c" if my prediction senses are working well, then I can usually outmaneuver my opponent. But I will say what I lose to most are sun teams and Landorus on SS teams.
  3. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

And Ferrothorn...
  4. deamontai

deamontai

You might want to try taunt on Gyarados. You might have to drop sub, dd, or an attacking move, however, the ability to stop a wall or that status spreader wreaking your team with toxic can be a life saver in a rain team. It does decrease survivability on a whole for the big serpent, but taunt on a pokemon as fast and scary as Gyarados will win some games by itself.
  5. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

For status, I just use a sub to block it and this also lets me get a free DD up. I do see Taunt being useful for stopping set up sweepers, but a boosted waterfall does that as well =P Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can use it.
  6. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Hey Smogon! I've been looking at my team recently and have found a few changes that I think might be beneficial to the team.

Politoed - I've thinking of giving him Max HP / Max SAtk EVs and giving him 0 Speed IVs. This allows him to be slower than the other weather inducer meaning rain will be up first if they are sent out at the same time.

Forretress - SR/Spikes/Spin/Volt Switch with heavy SDef investment. Still 0 Speed IVs so Volt switch goes last.

Gyarados - Make him bulkier with more HP investment.

Jolteon - Go back to Specs Jolteon.

And as for team member changes...

Mamoswine for Breloom - I never really gave Mamo a chance when Lavos suggested him a long time ago. I'd like to see what an Adamant LO set can do.

Empoleon for Tornadus - WHAT!? I actually really like Agility Empoleon. He has a very solid SAtk stat and surprising bulk. Really his weakest stat is his speed which Agility remedies. He's also a second steel type on my team that is only neutrally damaged by fire and less so in the rain.
  7. BTzz

BTzz spams overhand rights
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Hi! Two threats that stand out to me are Growth Venusaur in sun and SubCM Jirachi. Growth Venusaur can set up on Forretress and from their you'll have to sac Politoed (which obviously isn't ideal in a weather war) so Tornadus can revenge kill it. Jolteon's HP Ice doesn't OHKO Venusaur, and while Breloom can take a hit, it can do anything a return if sleep clause is active. Sub CM Jirachi is also pretty annoying to deal with; it sets up on Forretress and from their it has a good chance at sweeping the rest of your team. Jirachi outspeeds Politoed so you can't Perish Song and Breloom is OHKOed by +1 Psyshock. The rest of your team is either outspeed and OHKOed by Thunderbolt or can't OHKO Jirachi though CM and are ko'd in return. Using a Choice Scarf Politoed helps with both Venusaur and Jirachi. With a Scarf, Politoed can help Jolteon revenge kill Venusaur while outspeeding, and using Perish Song against CM Jirachi. Granted sacing Politoed isn't an ideal way to deal with Jirachi, but it's just one set so drastic changes aren't nessesary. With a Scarf Politoed, Tornadus's Tailwind will see less use, so I think it could be replaced with Hammer Arm. Hammer Arm deals with Tyranitar and Jirachi in addition to giving another attack it can use outside of rain.

Politoed | Dizzle | Choice Scarf
    Timid | 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Hidden Power Grass | Perish Song

I hope this helps and gl with the team!
  8. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Seems interesting, I'll definitely try it out. Thanks for the very useful rate BTzz =)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)