Rampardos [QC 0/3]

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
So I just checked the Torterra analysis, and it turns out the primary nature is Adamant.

Soulgazer Raseri Remind me why Anti-Lead Rampardos is Jolly and not Adamant again?

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Punchshroom so that pawniard doesn't outspeed Rampardos and flinch it, and Rampardos wants to outspeed as many threats as possible, even if they are rare. Most of the time Rampardos will just set up Stealth Rock and Endeavor anyway, and 252 Atk Jolly is enough to OHKO Crustle. Sure Jolly Torterra isn't as common anymore and Jolly Bullet Seed Cacturne (Spikes set) is rare, but Rampardos wouldn't want to lose lead matchup because of that. It also outspeed Max Speed Adamant Sandslash etc.

Again, what I named might seem situational, but since Lead Rampardos wants to have the best chance to get Rocks up, being as fast as possible is worth it. Rampardos isn't trying to hit hard, its trying to anti-lead against Crustle Offense and other teams.

Also cellgoondude could you please remove Fire Punch from everywhere in the Lead set? its just bad and Endeavor / Superpower will cripple Ferroseed anyway.

Last edited:

Punchshroom

While you're at that, add this set too.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower / Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast

Wallbreaker Rampardos, an absolute bastard to switch into, and suffers no LO recoil most of the time. Ice Beam can OHKO Torterra a lot of the time and 2HKOes Gourgeist, Sandslash, and Tangela. Fire Blast does less damage to Torterra and Sandslash (still 2HKOes Torterra), but OHKOes Ferroseed a majority of the time, without suffering LO and Iron Barbs damage like Superpower. If using Ice Beam, Superpower is necessary to thrash Ferroseed, but can be replaced with EQ if Fire Blast is used.

Soulgazer Raseri Should this set go before or after Scarf?

Last edited:
Ucccch another set. Fine, but it's hard to not die using that tbh lol. I feel like my Rampardos would be dead before I get to use it ;-;
Scarfpardos is fast enough to beat unboosted threats. Well, most. 111 Speed and under if fully invested ofc so yeah most.
I don't really like LO sets without Polish tbh but then Torterra hits hard huh :/ Well can this kill Avalugg just wondering?

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
the goal of Punchshroom set isn't to be fast and sweep fast teams, it's to wallbreak. Even Seismitoad hates switching on it if some entry hazards are up; nothing on balanced and stall teams wants to deal with it as it can 2HKO or even OHKO a lot of things that happen to be slower such as Hariyama, Vileplume, Torterra, Roselia, Garbodor, Probopass, Tangela, Gourgheist, Audino, and Steelix to name a few.

oh and please remove Rock Slide from the lead set. pretty sure i already told you but Rampardos NEEDS Stone Edge to OHKO Crustle through Sturdy.

Last edited:

Punchshroom

Ucccch another set. Fine, but it's hard to not die using that tbh lol. I feel like my Rampardos would be dead before I get to use it ;-;
Scarfpardos is fast enough to beat unboosted threats. Well, most. 111 Speed and under if fully invested ofc so yeah most.
I don't really like LO sets without Polish tbh but then Torterra hits hard huh :/ Well can this kill Avalugg just wondering?
Yeah what Soulgazer said. Scarf outspeeds fast teams but can find it difficult to break through balance or stall teams since it is Choice locked, and even then offensive teams may be able to fend off Scarf Rampardos with sufficient resists; Rampardos is generally more effective at thrashing slower teams anyway. Scarf seems iffy in itself already when it faces severe competition with Archeops, which has similiar speed and power but isn't hindered by being Choice-locked. I would probably put Scarf in OO as well.

Also if you want to know if it beats Avalugg....
4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Avalugg: 346-408 (87.81 - 103.55%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 252-299 (63.95 - 75.88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 4 Def (custom): 320-377 (81.21 - 95.68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 213-252 (54.06 - 63.95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rampardos: 248-294 (74.02 - 87.76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rampardos: 223-264 (66.56 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It can definitely slaughter Avalugg if it wants to, but there's not much Iceberg can do about it anyway; as long as Rampardos has not taken too much damage (not suffering LO recoil helps), Avalugg won't win.

Last edited:
Soulgazer Punchshroom
Yeah thanks! For soulgazer I havent had the time yet. Still not home. Went to school -> practice(did HW today there at least), played some melee at school, and now dinner. I hope to get it done today.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
yo you talked about getting stuff done soon on the 6th, your last edit was on the 5th.

what's your status on this?

if you're still working on this, i think your checks and counters need a lot of help. murkrow doesn't take stone edges very well, and the lead set honestly couldn't care less about getting thunder waved. make it more about lead matchups, and also seismitoad is one of the most common mons that has a relatively safe switch into rampardos.

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Just wanted to say its Special attack is "salvageable" with life orb and sheer force. Ice beam/fire blast/T-Bolt do work with an uninvested rock slide which still does loads, can easily break Tangela and what not.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Tangela: 354-416 (105.9 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Steelix: 367-434 (103.6 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xatu: 421-499 (126 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I would certainly mention that special attacking with sheer force is an option (much like Tauros, but with and even higher special attack).

Also I would like to add:
"**Taunters** For the Sash set, Taunters who are faster or Cripplers like Murkrow can annoy Rampardos."
Taunt Murkrow is completely irrelevant in this tier, the oen taunter youd worry about is probably 239 speed Samurott or Mismagius (which dies easily, watch out for wisp tho)

This is my Rampardos set. It has 3-0'd several OU teams:

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Jolly nature 252 Atk 252 Spd
Rock Polish
Endeavor
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Focus Sash gives Rampardos some much-needed survivability and prevents the opponent from sweeping you. Jolly nature is needed to give Rampardos as much speed as possible. After a single Rock Polish, it will have enough speed to outspeed anything that isn't boosted. Endeavor makes Rampardos a very easy 2-for-1 if it can KO just one opposing Pokemon, barring priority. Stone Edge is the STAB move of choice for its power. EQ rounds out the coverage. Bring out Rampardos later in the game after all of its threats have been taken out, and it can potentially win the game

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
This is my Rampardos set. It has 3-0'd several OU teams:

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Jolly nature 252 Atk 252 Spd
Rock Polish
Endeavor
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Focus Sash gives Rampardos some much-needed survivability and prevents the opponent from sweeping you. Jolly nature is needed to give Rampardos as much speed as possible. After a single Rock Polish, it will have enough speed to outspeed anything that isn't boosted. Endeavor makes Rampardos a very easy 2-for-1 if it can KO just one opposing Pokemon, barring priority. Stone Edge is the STAB move of choice for its power. EQ rounds out the coverage. Bring out Rampardos later in the game after all of its threats have been taken out, and it can potentially win the game
Hello Perfectspare300!

The fact that you bring up "3-0'ing", playing vs OU mons, and setting up with Focus Sash later in the game suggests that you're trying to refer to the battle spot singles meta. If that's not it, it's still most definitely not NU matches! While that may be a better set there, remember that our NU analyses refers to the 6v6 singles metagame against other NU Pokemon. This unfortunately means Stealth Rock will render your Sash meaningless later on in the game. And on top of that there's a lot more priority users in NU, which makes it hard to get off your 1 HP Endeavor to any success even if you were to somehow successfully set up. So it's really hard to set up the Rock Polish, and even if you did, it would rarely matter. If you are not familiar with Smogon NU but is interested, refer to the link here for more information: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-nu-information.3509421/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)