Rampardos [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Feel the wrath of Rampardos and its unrivaled base 165 Attack, which makes it the strongest wallbreaker you'll ever get to see in the lower tiers. Out of its two decent abilities, Mold Breaker is superior as it allows Rampardos to be a wallbreaker with a bit of utility by allowing it to OHKO common Sturdy Stealth Rock users. However, despite all of the power Rampardos packs, it is quite the glass cannon; its defenses are quite low and it is quite slow. Nonetheless, Rampardos is still able to outspeed the slower defensive Pokemon in the tier and does a fine job of Head Smashing them into oblivion.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Head Smash
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
item: Choice Band
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>On this set, Rampardos is equipped with a Choice Band in order to boost its Attack to sky-high levels; it works great with Head Smash because even Pokemon that resist the move have trouble tanking multiple hits. Head Smash is Rampardos's main attack and wreaks destruction easily, especially since it boasts the capability to 2HKO two of the bulkiest physical walls in Neverused: Alomomola and Musharna. Unfortunately, there is a limit to the amount of shots Rampardos is able to fire&mdash;there is a large amount of recoil damage incurred by the usage of Head Smash, which wears out Rampardos fairly quickly. Earthquake is a very useful move, especially when combined with Mold Breaker, as it is able to bypass Sturdy and KO its users, often eliminating common entry hazard setters early game. Crunch OHKOes Golurk, another common Stealth Rock setter. Stone Edge and Rock Slide are good alternative options when Rampardos is low on health and does not wish to fall to recoil; Stone Edge is more powerful but Rock Slide is more accurate.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Superpower is an alternative option to the set as it provides great coverage and has high power; however, it has the consequence of dropping Rampardos's Attack and Defense after each use. A Jolly nature can also be used to allow Rampardos to outspeed standard Mandibuzz, after which it can proceed to OHKO it, but this invariably results in a drop in power. Sheer Force is a viable option as it boosts the power of Crunch and Rock Slide, but Rampardos prefers the ability to OHKO Sturdy Pokemon before they have the chance to set up Stealth Rock.</p>

<p>Rampardos is generally used to destroy the bulkiest of walls so that other teammates will have an easier time sweeping, and with paralysis support from teammates such as Musharna, Probopass, and Regice, Rampardos is also able to sweep as well. Good teammates for Rampardos are those that can take advantage of the removal of bulky walls and sweep. Some common late-game cleaners such as Sawsbuck, Tauros, and Sawk are good teammates as they take advantage of Rampardos's wallbreaking abilities. Offensive Seismitoad is a good teammate for dealing with opposing defensive Seismitoad , a Stealth Rock setter which isn't OHKOed by Rampardos. It also sets up its own Stealth Rock for your team; Stealth Rock weakens opponents so that Rampardos can break through them. Some Pokemon that appreciate Rampardos's ability to defeat common Stealth Rock setters include powerhouses such as Charizard and Swellow that otherwise have a limited number of switch-ins. Additionally, Rampardos functions very well on Trick Room teams, so other great supporting teammates include Musharna, Duosion, and Beheeyem.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Other options include a specially offensive Sheer Force set with moves such as Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, but this set is not very appropriate for the Neverused tier due to Tangela's dwindling usage&mdash;its only use is to lure Alomomola, which is 2HKOed by Head Smash regardless. A Choice Scarf set is a good idea, but even after the boost, Rampardos's Speed is still underwhelming. Stealth Rock can be used on an offensive lead set, but such a set is suboptimal due to Rampardos's frailty. Toxic is another great option to use on a Life Orb set to cripple bulky walls such as Alomomola and Tangela. Rampardos boasts boosting moves in Swords Dance and Rock Polish, and can elect to run both for a double dance set. However, it is difficult to find opportunities for Rampardos to set up due to its low defenses. Substitute can act as a useful shield against stray attacks, but it will cause Rampardos to lose even more health, which can be painful in conjunction with Head Smash. A combination of Substitute and Endeavor can help Rampardos get past troublesome opponents such as Alomomola low on health without risking the recoil of Head Smash.</p>

<p>Some options that Rampardos has are downright unviable and should not be used. Double-Edge might seem tempting due to its high power, but it has useless coverage, and its recoil just reduces Rampardos's already disappointing longevity. A Substitute + Focus Punch set should not be considered as Superpower should be sufficient as Rampardos's Fighting-type coverage and its Substitutes are frail and easily broken. Dragon Tail might seem fun for phazing the opponent but a bulkier phazer such as Lickilicky should be used for the role of a phazer instead.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>It is very difficult to counter Rampardos, as even the bulkiest physical walls have trouble tanking more than one Head Smash. Metang is one of the few reliable checks to Rampardos, as it avoids the OHKO from Earthquake most of the time and can OHKO back with Meteor Mash or Bullet Punch. Since Fighting-types resist Rock-type attacks, they can also tank a hit before smashing Rampardos with a super effective STAB move of choice; Pokemon capable of doing so include Sawk, Throh, and Gurdurr. Alomomola in particular can wear out Rampardos by forcing it to Head Smash repeatedly, causing Rampardos to take massive amount of recoil, while stalling it out with Wish and Protect. In a similar vein, Tangela is a check that is 2HKOed only by Head Smash, and can easily hit Rampardos hard with its STAB Grass-type moves. Torterra is another stable check to Rampardos, being able to survive a Head Smash and retaliate with Earthquake or Wood Hammer. In general, it is easy to kill this bumbling beast by outspeeding it and striking it where it hurts; many common offensive Pokemon in the tier can accomplish this easily, with some common choices being Samurott, Ludicolo, Primeape, and Seismitoad.</p>

Last edited by a moderator:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Note: I'm not QC

IMO Mold Breaker should be the main ability, with Earthquake > Fire Punch because of its ability to OHKO opposing SR leads like Golem. Earthquake also hits Steel-types hard, so it should go over Fire Punch since Sheer Force isn't used anymore. Also, Crunch should be mentioned in AC at least because it defeats Misdreavus and Golurk

Also I don't understand the point of the second set because the first pretty much achieves everything it does if you run Sheer Force ThunderPunch

Last edited:

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
mold breaker should be the ability for the first set for sure. as for the attacks i think it would be better to use head smash / earthquake / crunch / stone edge since most of the time you're better off just spamming head smash instead of trying to predict a counter coming in and getting locked into a risky coverage move. earthquake and crunch are to ohko a lot of common stealth rock setters such as golurk, golem, and probopass. stone edge is useful for those times when you're at low hp and don't want to die to recoil. jolly should also be a slash to outpace standard mandibuzz

as for the second set, as fun as it looks it's actually not very viable. it functions the same as the choice band set as it demolishes slower teams while being easily revenge killed, but cannot ohko sturdy pokemon and always has something that can take an attack from head smash + 3 special attacks. for example, the current set is beaten by metang, and if you drop one of the special attacks for fire blast you're walled by either probopass, golurk, or a bulky water. the ability to switch attacks isn't that great for rampardos as most teams are offensive these days anyways so you're better off sticking to ramperdos' best trait which is its ability to ohko common sr setters.

btw sawk is ohkoed and so is golurk so theyre not counters. throh is slower as is 2hkoed.

I agree that the second set isn't nearly as good anymore with the disappearance of Tangela as a major threat, it just doesn't accomplish a lot. I say to scrap it and give it a mention in OO For its ability to lure Alomomola, but that's about all it does anymore.

[Overview]
  • Highest attack non-legendary in the game
  • More attack than Ninjask's speed
might as well combine these points into one, and the detail isnt necessary; just say something about how it has a massive attack stat, almost unrivaled
  • Head Smash is signature move but recoil sucks(miss sucks too)
not really a signature move since everything gets it, id say its the move you associate rampardos with and also its best move. also remove the part about missing
  • Ultimate physical trickroom, comparable to marowak
wouldnt mention this since trick room is kinda shit unless the mon trying to sweep with it is the one setting it
  • Sheer force BEST ABILITY
as has been discussed, mold breaker is generally better, sheer force is still cool but yeah. say it has access to 2 good abilities in mold breaker and sheer force or something

[SET]
i agree with flcl on what the set should look like, so yeah

[SET COMMENTS]
  • FIRE PUNCH SHEER FORCE BOOSTED
mention stuff fire punch beats thats useful to beat if it ends up staying, if not ofc it wont be here
  • superpower to kill rock steel normal and great synergy
mention the attack and defense drops cos they suck dicks

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • mold breaker to bypass sturdy??
and hit levitaters with eq (once thats added to the set)
  • loves having paralysis support due to its poor Speed, twave spammers make good partners, mesprit audino ??? etc
why is mesprit even here its not NU, and audino never uses thunder wave. twave support in general isnt needed as rampardos is used to fuck over walls
  • any other teammates?????
stuff that appreciates walls being gone and good late-game cleaners, so things like scarf tauros and think of some other examples

[SET]
agreeing that sheer force set should be scrapped and mentioned in oo instead
[Other Options]

obviously mention special set here
  • Scarf set is good but can still be slow; outsped by fasties like Jynx Charizard Swellow, also has lower damage output
swellow cant do jack shit to ramp, so replace it with something like scarf primeape
  • HAPPY DINO OUTRAGE!!! OR DOUBLE EDGE but useless coverage
get rid of outrage imo, its just not worth it. ever. add that the recoil from double-edge just further reduces its already disappointing longevity
  • Sub focus punch not worth the moveslots
say that superpower is generally enough for fighting coverage

mention sub on its own as a useful shield against attacks, though it just lowers ramps health even further. also put toxic in there. its really useful on a life orb set to hit an incoming toad or alomomola or something. talk about rock polish and swords dance individually, then mention them together as a double dance set. mention dragon tail for phazing, and a sub endeavor set to quickly get stuff like alomomola down low on health without having to kill yourself with head smash recoil.

[Checks and Counters]
  • Golurk hard counters Choice Band set due to Fighting/Rock immunities and can also tank 1 Ice Beam
not immune to rock, just resistant. doesnt hard counter because ramp 2HKOes with head smash anyway.
  • but easily checked due to common weaknesses and easily outsped
move this point to under the first point about not having any hard counters
  • Alolmomola can tank a Head Smash Nuke and hurt rampardos via recoil because of its huge HP stat
mention it can also stall it out with wish+protect (and spell alomomola right)
  • revenge kill is easy because frail and slow
  • priority users also hurt a lot
combine these points to say it can easily be revenged killed by a faster pokemon or by priority due to it being so frail and slow

give metang a special mention, as even cb ramp only OHKOs 31% of the time with earthquake (on offensive metang, not even defensive), and metang can hit back with meteor mash / bullet punch if ramp is low enough already

obviously im not actually qc, so you dont have to listen to anythign i say, but yeah

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mold Breaker is very useful, especially combined with Rampardos' interesting Speed tier, allowing it to outspeed almost every Sturdy SR Pokemon and hit them with EQ. That is a very important point that you need to mention in SET COMMENTS or AC (prefer the former, as it gives people a general idea of Rampardos' main strategy outside of smashing everything).

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dude, keep your skeleton in HIDE tags, QC needs it to make sure that you are following the points that we conversed about, and it makes it easier to review your content.

[Overview]

Remember to space between the brackets and the paragraphs. This Overview is way too fluffy, especially the first couple of sentences. I'd merge them together, and make them the second sentence, since I don't agree with the idea of leading with a sentence purely about Head Smash. The last sentence isn't very descriptive or useful either, and is pretty redundant when you've already mentioned that it is one of the strongest attackers in the tier. Remove it. I'd also mention how Rampardos is slow, and can only outspeed defensive Pokemon, meaning that most offensive Pokemon can take it down as they are generally faster.

[SET COMMENTS]

Describe the moves in the order that they are listed. I'd also condense the sentence about Earthquake and Mold Breaker, it is way too unnecessarily wordy. You really should explain that Choice Band works well with Head Smash because even Pokemon that resist it have trouble tanking more than a single hit.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

You can combine the second and third paragraphs, they are both talking about teammates. The first couple of sentences in the second paragraph also seem a bit contradictory, since you claim that Rampardos focuses on breaking down walls (which it does). Mention that with paralysis support, Rampardos is able to sweep as well (short and simple) and merge it with the first sentence. I'd also move the mentions of paralysis support and Trick Room support to the end, and let the other teammates go first. The last two sentences should be merged into "Some common late-game cleaners, such as Jynx, Tauros, and Sawk, are good teammates to take advantage Rampardos' wallbreaking abilities." Oh, and include options for paralysis support. Offensive Seismitoad is a good teammate to deal with opposing defensive Seismitoad that Rampardos can't OHKO to prevent Stealth Rock. It also sets up Rocks for your team, which Rampardos isn't that good at doing. Finally, mention some Pokemon that appreciate Rampardos' ability to defeat common SR setters, as that is one of the KEY reasons to use it.

[Other Options]

Wtf, Tangela wasn't expelled! It's just not as useful in NU anymore, which is why Special Sheer Force is in OO to begin with. It's decent, but hardly worth the effort to only hit a few Pokemon harder. For the Scarf mention, instead of listing other Scarf mons that outspeed Rampardos (I mean, ofc they do, its Rampardos) mention that Scolipede and up can outspeed even Jolly Scarf Rampardos. For Toxic, instead of Seismitoad (who is 2HKOed by LO/CB Head Smash) mention Tangela instead. I see no reason why the first two paragraphs are separated, and the first sentence of the second paragraph is very much pointless and needs to be removed. SubEndeaver can be moved to the last paragraph, which is reserved for the most gimmicky options it seems.

[Checks and Counters]

The first sentence should be "It is very difficult to counter Rampardos' sheer power, as even the bulkiest physical walls have trouble tanking multiple Head Smashes." Where is Tangela? The whole point of Sheer Force was because Tangela was a problem, so it should be listed as a check that is only 2HKOed by Banded Head Smash. Metang should be mentioned before Fighting-types, it's much more reliable. Move the second sentence to the end. Then add examples of common Pokemon that outspeed and OHKO Ramaprdos (not that difficult).

Make all these changes, and I'll take a look at it again Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
I like to spice up my writing :)

I'll make your changes tomorrow but I'll leave the 'writing spice' intact for you to see if it's fine,and I'll change it if you insist later ;)

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
It's fine to spice it up, but you have sentences that do not contribute at all to the analysis. If you want to spice up the informative sentences, be my guest.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
yea i've completed this WhiteDMist :), thanks alot for the detailed help

i still do like the head smash line as a hook for the overview though, but i can remove it if you insist

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
[Overview]
Generally we don't list the base stats in analyses as they can see it right above. Instead, just say that Rampardos has the higher base Atk in the NU tier. There's no need to talk about Sheer Force since Mold Breaker is the main set, so just say something like "Of its two decent abilities, Mold Breaker is the most useful in the NU metagame, giving Rampardos a more utility role by bypassing common Sturdy Stealth Rock users."

[SET COMMENTS]
Instead of talking about Mold Breaker with Earthquake as a side note, make it a sentence about Earthquake, with Mold Breaker's effect as an important side note to Rampardos' battling strategy early game. You can remove the EQ mention from the following sentence, and make it all about Crunch, and how it takes care of another common Stealth Rock setter in Golurk.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
More like Rampardos doesn't generally carry Stealth Rock, change the sentence a little. For the mention of Charizard and Jynx, append "who otherwise have a limited number of switch-ins." to complete the explanation.

[Other Options]
It's Substitute, not Substitutes :P Also, remove "Perhaps" from the Sub+Endeavor mention, there's no need to question something that's only already in OO.

Also, I'll remind you again to add a space between [] and the paragraphs. Other than that Metal Sonic , this is pretty straightforward, so implement this and

qc 3/3

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
amcheck
ADD
REMOVE

(COMMENTS)

[Overview]

<p>Feel the wrath of Rampardos and its unrivaled Base 165 Attack, it is which makes it the strongest wallbreaker you'll ever get to see in the lower tiers. Of its two decent abilities, Mold Breaker is superior, the most useful in the NU metagame, giving letting Rampardos sport a more utility role by allowing it to bypassing common Sturdy Stealth Rock users. However, with despite all of the power that this terrifying weapon has, it is quite the glass cannon;(AddSemicolon)&mdash; its defenses are quite frail low&mdash; and it is quite slow. as slow as a tank itself! Nonetheless, Rampardos is still able to outspeed the slower defensive Pokemon in the tier,(RC) and does a fine job its job fine by Head Smashing them into oblivion.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>On this set, Rampardos should be has been equipped with a Choice Band in order to boost its Attack to sky-high levels; it works great with Head Smash because even Pokemon that resist the move it have trouble tanking more than a single hit multiple hits. Head Smash is Rampardos's main attack and wreaks destruction easily, ultimate move, and the player is better off spamming Head Smash throughout the match, especially since when it boasts the capability to 2HKO two of the bulkiest physical walls in NeverUsed: Alomomola and Musharna. (I suggest you remove the part about "spamming" Head Smash because that is very informal and really shouldn't be suggested in an analysis.) Unfortunately, there is a limitation to the amount of shots fired by Rampardos Rampardos is able to fire&mdash;there is a large amount of recoil damage incurred by the usage of Head Smash,(RC) and this will wear out Rampardos fairly quickly. Earthquake is a very useful move, especially when combined with Mold Breaker, where it is able to bypass opponents with almost every potential Stealth Rock Setter's Sturdy and KO them, often eliminating common entry hazard setters which is vital to Rampardos' battling strategy early game. (this sentence implies that every single Stealth Rock setter has Sturdy, which is not the case. I generalized it to explain Sturdy pokemon in general and added a mention of SR later in the sentence) Crunch is to OHKOes another common Stealth Rock setter, in Golurk. Stone Edge and Rock Slide are good alternative options when Rampardos is low on health and does not wish to fall to recoil; Stone Edge is more powerful but Rock Slide is more accurate.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Superpower is an alternative option to the set for great coverage and high power, however it has a consequence the limitation of dropping the Rampardos's user's Attack and Defense after each per use. A Jolly nature can also be used is slashed onto the set to permit allow Rampardos to outspeed and OHKO standard Mandibuzz, but this invariably results in means a drop in power. Sheer Force is a viable option to boost the power of Crunch and Rock Slide, but Rampardos we prefers to get the jump on Sturdy Pokemon and OHKO them before they have the chance to set up Stealth Rock.</p>

<p>Rampardos is generally used to destroy the bulkiest of the opponent's walls so that other teammates will have an easier time sweeping,(AC);(RemoveSemicolon) and with paralysis support, Rampardos is also able to sweep as well. Good teammates for Rampardos are those that can take advantage of the destruction of the opponent's bulky walls &mdash;Rampardos breaks down the defenses and teammates infiltrate and sweep. Some common late-game cleaners,(RC) such as Jynx, Tauros, and Sawk,(RC) are good teammates to take advantage Rampardos's wallbreaking abilities. Offensive Seismitoad is a good teammate to deal with opposing defensive Seismitoad that Rampardos can't OHKO to prevent Stealth Rock. It also sets up its own Stealth Rocks for your team, weakening opponents so Rampardos can break through them. , as Rampardos doesn't generally carry Stealth Rock. (Logically, the last part of this sentence doesn't make sense, as Stealth Rock is not required because Rampardos doesn't carry it; it is useful because it helps wear down opponents. If you wish to keep the sentence, be sure to clarify how it relates and helps Rampardos--it wears down walls.) Some Pokemon that appreciate Rampardos's ability to defeat common Stealth Rock setters include the powerhouses such as Charizard and Jynx who would otherwise have a limited number of switch-ins..(RemoveExtraPeriod) Additionally, Alternatively (wrong word) Rampardos functions very well on a Trick Room teams, so other and great supporting these teammates may include Musharna, Duosion and Beheeyem.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Other options include Some users may think of using a specially offensive Sheer Force set with moves such as Thunderbolt or Ice Beam, but this set is not very appropriate for the NeverUsed tier due to Tangela's dwindling usage&mdash;its only use is to lure Alomomola which is 2HKOed by Head Smash regardless. A Choice Scarf set is a good idea, but even after the boost, Rampardos's Speed can still be underwhelming, as it will still be being outsped and defeated by unscarfed Scolipede or faster. Stealth Rock can be used for an offensive lead set, but this is suboptimal due to Rampardos' fraility.</p>(combine the two paragraphs. you haven't changed the main subject so they can stay together.)<p>Toxic is another great option to use on a Life Orb set to cripple some bulky walls such as Alomomola or Tangela. Rampardos also boasts great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Rock Polish, and can even elect to run both for a Double Dancing set. However, it is difficult to find opportunities for Rampardos to set up due to its low defenses. Substitute can be a useful shield against stray attacks, but this will cause Rampardos to lose even more health, which can be painful in conjunction with Head Smash. A Substitute and Endeavour combination can help get troublesome opponents such as Alomomola low on health without risking the recoil of Head Smash.</p>

<p>Some options that Rampardos has are downright unviable,(RC) and should not be used. Double-Edge may sound tempting for its high power, but it has useless coverage, and its recoil just reduces Rampardos's already disappointing longevity. A Substitute and Focus Punch set should not be considered as Superpower should be sufficient as Rampardos's Fighting-type coverage. Dragon Tail may seem fun for phazing the opponent but a bulkier phazer such as Lickilicky should be used instead.</p>
(not sure if this paragraph is really necessary... people should just assume that things not covered in the analysis are general unviable, so there is not need for a "don't use this" paragraph. However, I have made corrections in case you do choose to keep it)

[Checks and Counters]

<p>It is very difficult to counter Rampardos's sheer power, as even the bulkiest physical walls have trouble tanking multiple Head Smashes. Metang is also one of the few stable checks to Rampardos,(AC):(RemoveColon) as it avoids the OHKO from Earthquake most of the time and Rampardos only OHKOs offensive Metang 31% of the time with Earthquake, while Metang can OHKO with Meteor Mash or Bullet Punch. a weakened Rampardos. Since Fighting-types resist Rock-type attacks, they can also possibly tank a hit before smashing Rampardos super-(AddHyphen)effectively. Pokemon capable of doing this include Sawk, Throh,(AC) and Gurdurr. Alomomola in particular can also wear out Rampardos by forcing it to Head Smash repeatedly, causing Rampardos to take massive amount of recoil while Alomomola stalls it out with Wish and Protect. In a similar vein, Tangela is a check that is only 2HKOed by Head Smash, yet can easily hit Rampardos hard with its STAB Grass-type moves. Torterra is another stable check to Rampardos, being able to survive Head Smash and retaliate with Earthquake or Wood Hammer. In general, it is easy to kill this bumbling beast by outspeeding it and striking it where it hurts:(RemoveColon);(AddSemicolon) many common offensive Pokemon in the tier can accomplish this easily, with some common choices being Samurott, Ludicolo, Primeape, Seismitoad, and more.</p>

Nice work.

EDIT: Also, one thing Metal Sonic

Nixhex and I contacted DTC on irc and he wants some QC-related changes to take place:

<@dtc> anyways just make a mention that
<%nixhex> it does NOT need a mention in overview though
<%Electrolyte> and 2. does this make so much of an impact that it warrants multiple mentions throughout the analysis, even in the overview
<@dtc> you need superpower to ohko golem
<@dtc> 100% of the time

<%Electrolyte> ok
<@dtc> and perhaps remove a few of the mentions of ohkoing sturdy mons
<%nixhex> !dmg Rampardos 31 252 Choice Band | Golem 31 4/0 | Earthquake
<%CDXCIV> Rampardos's Earthquake vs Golem (312 - 368 HP) Damage: 103.31% - 121.85%
<@dtc> its a fairly notable niche, but not one that deserves to be plastered everywhere
<%Electrolyte> yeah
<%Electrolyte> and that doesn't really make Rampardos a utility pokemon...
<%nixhex> emphasis on niche
<@dtc> as for whether it is a utility mon
<@dtc> it is a wallbreaker with a bit of utility

Last edited:
smh gato -_-
amcheck but this time i'll do diff colours(seriously red and blue is getting old)
additions
subtractions
comments
[Overview]

<p>Feel the wrath of Rampardos and its unrivaled Base base 165 Attack, which makes it the strongest wallbreaker you'll ever get to see in the lower tiers. Of Out of its two decent abilities, Mold Breaker is superior, allowing as it allows Rampardos to be a wallbreaker with a bit of utility by allowing it to bypass OHKO(bypass sturdy; ohko users, js) common Sturdy Stealth Rock users. However, despite all of the power this terrifying weapon has Rampardos packs, it is quite the glass cannon; its defenses are quite low and it is quite slow. Nonetheless, Rampardos is still able to outspeed the slower defensive Pokemon in the tier and does a fine job by of Head Smashing them into oblivion.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>On this set, Rampardos should be equipped with a Choice Band in order to boost its Attack to sky-high levels; it works great with Head Smash because even Pokemon that resist the move have trouble tanking multiple hits. Head Smash is Rampardos's main attack and wreaks destruction easily, especially since it boasts the capability to 2HKO two of the bulkiest physical walls in NeverUsed: Alomomola and Musharna. Unfortunately, there is a limit to the amount of shots Rampardos is able to fire&mdash;there is a large amount of recoil damage incurred by the usage of Head Smash and this will wear , which wears out Rampardos fairly quickly. Earthquake is a very useful move, especially when combined with Mold Breaker, where it is able to bypass opponents with Sturdy and KO them as it is able to bypass Sturdy and KO its users, often eliminating common entry hazard setters early game. Crunch OHKOes yet another common Stealth Rock setter,(RC) :(add colon) Golurk. Stone Edge and Rock Slide are good alternative options when Rampardos is low on health and does not wish to fall to recoil; Stone Edge is more powerful but Rock Slide is more accurate.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Superpower is an alternative option to the set for as it provides great coverage and has high power,(RC) ;(semicolon) however,(AC) it has a the consequence of dropping the Rampardos's Attack and Defense after each use. A Jolly nature can also be used to allow Rampardos to outspeed and OHKO standard Mandibuzz standard Mandibuzz, after which it can proceed to OHKO it, but this invariably results in a drop in power. Sheer Force is a viable option to boost as it boosts the power of Crunch and Rock Slide, but Rampardos prefers to get the jump on Sturdy Pokemon and OHKO them the ability to OHKO Sturdy Pokemon before they have the chance to set up Stealth Rock provided by Mold Breaker.</p>

<p>Rampardos is generally used to destroy the bulkiest of walls so that other teammates will have an easier time sweeping, and with paralysis support from teammates such as Musharna, Probopass or , and Regice, Rampardos is also able to sweep as well. Good teammates for Rampardos are those that can take advantage of the destruction removal of bulky walls and sweep. Some common late-game cleaners such as Jynx, Tauros, and Sawk are good teammates to as they(so this is getting repititive; consider rephrasing the whole sentence? your choice tho) take advantage Rampardos's wallbreaking abilities. Offensive Seismitoad is a good teammate to deal for dealing with opposing defensive Seismitoad that Rampardos can't OHKO to prevent Stealth Rock , a Stealth Rock setter which isn't OHKOed by Rampardos. It also sets up its own Stealth Rock for your team, weakening ; Stealth Rock weakens opponents so that Rampardos can break through them. Some Pokemon that appreciate Rampardos's ability to defeat common Stealth Rock setters include powerhouses such as Charizard and Jynx who that otherwise have a limited number of switch-ins. Additionally, Rampardos functions very well on Trick Room teams, so other great supporting teammates include Musharna, Duosion,(AC) and Beheeyem.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Other options include a specially offensive Sheer Force set with moves such as Thunderbolt or Ice Beam, but this set is not very appropriate for the NeverUsed tier due to Tangela's dwindling usage&mdash;its only use is to lure Alomomola,(AC) which is 2HKOed by Head Smash regardless. A Choice Scarf set is a good idea, but even after the boost, Rampardos's Speed can still be is still underwhelming, as it will still be outsped and defeated by unscarfed Scolipede or and Pokemon faster than it. Stealth Rock can be used for on an offensive lead set, but this (set or move? if move change 'this' to 'it' or add 'such a set' instead of 'this' if referring to set) is suboptimal due to Rampardos' fraility Rampardos's frailty. Toxic is another great option to use on a Life Orb set to cripple bulky walls such as Alomomola or Tangela(why is it so low on OO then js also alom/tang still smash it, js). Rampardos also boasts great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Rock Polish, and can even elect to run both for a Double Dancing double dance set. However, it is difficult to find opportunities for Rampardos to set up due to its low defenses. Substitute can be act as a useful shield against stray attacks, but this it will cause Rampardos to lose even more health, which can be painful in conjunction with Head Smash. A Substitute and Endeavour combination of Substitute and Encore can help Rampardos get part troublesome opponents such as Alomomola low on health without risking the recoil of Head Smash.</p>

<p>Some options that Rampardos has are downright unviable and should not be used. Double-Edge may sound might seem tempting for due to its high power, but it has useless coverage, and its recoil just reduces Rampardos's already disappointing longevity. A Substitute and + Focus Punch set should not be considered as Superpower should be sufficient as Rampardos's Fighting-type coverage and its Substitutes are frail and easily broken(feel free to not include but imo this is imp.). Dragon Tail may might seem fun for phazing the opponent but a bulkier phazer such as Lickilicky should be used for the role of a phazer instead.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>It is very difficult to counter Rampardos's sheer power(you don't counter its powa, you counter it), as even the bulkiest physical walls have trouble tanking multiple Head Smashes more than one Head Smash. Metang is one of the few stable reliable checks to Rampardos, as it avoids the OHKO from Earthquake most of the time and can OHKO back with Meteor Mash or Bullet Punch. Since Fighting-types resist Rock-type attacks, they can also possibly tank a hit before smashing Rampardos super-effectively. with a STAB move of choice; Pokemon capable of doing this so include Sawk, Throh, and Gurdurr. Alomomola in particular can also wear out Rampardos by forcing it to Head Smash repeatedly, causing Rampardos to take massive amount of recoil while Alomomola stalls , while stalling it out with Wish and Protect. In a similar vein, Tangela is a check that is only 2HKOed only by Head Smash, yet and can easily hit Rampardos hard with its STAB Grass-type moves. Torterra is another stable check to Rampardos, being able to survive a Head Smash and retaliate with Earthquake or Wood Hammer. In general, it is easy to kill this bumbling beast by outspeeding it and striking it where it hurts; many common offensive Pokemon in the tier can accomplish this easily, with some common choices being Samurott, Ludicolo, Primeape, and Seismitoad, and more.</p>

wow i like these new colors
rampardos's>rampardos'
prefer not using nicknames like 'bumbling beast'
etc

Last edited:
going over Kingler12345's check with my additions and removals
[Overview]

<p>Feel the wrath of Rampardos and its unrivaled Base base 165 Attack, which makes it the strongest wallbreaker you'll ever get to see in the lower tiers. Of Out of its two decent abilities, Mold Breaker is superior, allowing as it allows Rampardos to be a wallbreaker with a bit of utility by allowing it to bypass OHKO(bypass sturdy; ohko users, js) common Sturdy Stealth Rock users. However, despite all of the power this terrifying weapon has Rampardos packs, it is quite the glass cannon; its defenses are quite low and it is quite slow. Nonetheless, Rampardos is still able to outspeed the slower defensive Pokemon in the tier and does a fine job by of Head Smashing them into oblivion.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>On this set, Rampardos should be is equipped with a Choice Band in order to boost its Attack to sky-high levels; it works great with Head Smash because even Pokemon that resist the move have trouble tanking multiple hits. Head Smash is Rampardos's main attack and wreaks destruction easily, especially since it boasts the capability to 2HKO two of the bulkiest physical walls in NeverUused: Alomomola and Musharna. Unfortunately, there is a limit to the amount of shots Rampardos is able to fire&mdash;there is a large amount of recoil damage incurred by the usage of Head Smash and this will wear , which wears out Rampardos fairly quickly. Earthquake is a very useful move, especially when combined with Mold Breaker, where it is able to bypass opponents with Sturdy and KO them as it is able to bypass Sturdy and KO its users, often eliminating common entry hazard setters early game. Crunch OHKOes yet Golurk, another common Stealth Rock setter,(RC) :(add colon) Golurk. Stone Edge and Rock Slide are good alternative options when Rampardos is low on health and does not wish to fall to recoil; Stone Edge is more powerful but Rock Slide is more accurate.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Superpower is an alternative option to the set for as it provides great coverage and has high power,(RC) ;(semicolon) however,(AC) it has a the consequence of dropping the Rampardos's Attack and Defense after each use. A Jolly nature can also be used to allow Rampardos to outspeed and OHKO standard Mandibuzz standard Mandibuzz, after which it can proceed to OHKO it, but this invariably results in a drop in power. Sheer Force is a viable option to boost as it boosts the power of Crunch and Rock Slide, but Rampardos prefers to get the jump on Sturdy Pokemon and OHKO them the ability to OHKO Sturdy Pokemon before they have the chance to set up Stealth Rock provided by Mold Breaker (it has already been made clear as to what mold breaker does).</p>

<p>Rampardos is generally used to destroy the bulkiest of walls so that other teammates will have an easier time sweeping, and with paralysis support from teammates such as Musharna, Probopass or , and Regice, Rampardos is also able to sweep as well. Good teammates for Rampardos are those that can take advantage of the destruction removal of bulky walls and sweep. Some common late-game cleaners such as Jynx, Tauros, and Sawk are good teammates to as they(so this is getting repititive; consider rephrasing the whole sentence? your choice tho) take advantage of Rampardos's wallbreaking abilities. Offensive Seismitoad is a good teammate to deal for dealing with opposing defensive Seismitoad that Rampardos can't OHKO to prevent Stealth Rock , a Stealth Rock setter which isn't OHKOed by Rampardos. It also sets up its own Stealth Rock for your team, weakening ; Stealth Rock weakens opponents so that Rampardos can break through them. Some Pokemon that appreciate Rampardos's ability to defeat common Stealth Rock setters include powerhouses such as Charizard and Jynx who that otherwise have a limited number of switch-ins. Additionally, Rampardos functions very well on Trick Room teams, so other great supporting teammates include Musharna, Duosion,(AC) and Beheeyem.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Other options include a specially offensive Sheer Force set with moves such as Thunderbolt or and Ice Beam, but this set is not very appropriate for the NeverUused tier due to Tangela's dwindling usage&mdash;its only use is to lure Alomomola,(AC) which is 2HKOed by Head Smash regardless. A Choice Scarf set is a good idea, but even after the boost, Rampardos's Speed can still be is still underwhelming, as it will still be outsped and defeated by unscarfed Scolipede or and Pokemon faster than it Scolipede (unclear pronoun usage). Stealth Rock can be used for on an offensive lead set, but this (set or move? if move change 'this' to 'it' or add 'such a set' instead of 'this' if referring to set) is suboptimal due to Rampardos' fraility Rampardos's frailty. Toxic is another great option to use on a Life Orb set to cripple bulky walls such as Alomomola or and Tangela(why is it so low on OO then js also alom/tang still smash it, js). Rampardos also boasts great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Rock Polish, and can even elect to run both for a Double Dancing double dance set. However, it is difficult to find opportunities for Rampardos to set up due to its low defenses. Substitute can be act as a useful shield against stray attacks, but this it will cause Rampardos to lose even more health, which can be painful in conjunction with Head Smash. A Substitute and Endeavour combination of Substitute and Encore Endeavor can help Rampardos get part past troublesome opponents such as Alomomola low on health without risking the recoil of Head Smash. (wait what it still has to lower its hp to use endeavor)</p>

<p>Some options that Rampardos has are downright unviable and should not be used. Double-Edge may sound might seem tempting for due to its high power, but it has useless coverage, and its recoil just reduces Rampardos's already disappointing longevity. A Substitute and + Focus Punch set should not be considered as Superpower should be sufficient as Rampardos's Fighting-type coverage and its Substitutes are frail and easily broken(feel free to not include but imo this is imp.). Dragon Tail may might seem fun for phazing the opponent but a bulkier phazer such as Lickilicky should be used for the role of a phazer instead.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>It is very difficult to counter Rampardos's sheer power(you don't counter its powa, you counter it), as even the bulkiest physical walls have trouble tanking multiple Head Smashes more than one Head Smash. Metang is one of the few stable reliable checks to Rampardos, as it avoids the OHKO from Earthquake most of the time and can OHKO back with Meteor Mash or Bullet Punch. Since Fighting-types resist Rock-type attacks, they can also possibly tank a hit before smashing Rampardos super-effectively. with a super effective STAB move of choice; Pokemon capable of doing this so include Sawk, Throh, and Gurdurr. Alomomola in particular can also wear out Rampardos by forcing it to Head Smash repeatedly, causing Rampardos to take massive amount of recoil while Alomomola stalls , while stalling it out with Wish and Protect. In a similar vein, Tangela is a check that is only 2HKOed only by Head Smash, yet and can easily hit Rampardos hard with its STAB Grass-type moves. Torterra is another stable check to Rampardos, being able to survive a Head Smash and retaliate with Earthquake or Wood Hammer. In general, it is easy to kill this bumbling beast by outspeeding it and striking it where it hurts; many common offensive Pokemon in the tier can accomplish this easily, with some common choices being Samurott, Ludicolo, Primeape, and Seismitoad, and more.</p>

sure i'll stamp it
gp 2/2
feel free to ask any questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)