Ramuparudo Team

Gyarados@Leftovers
§ Earthquake
§ Blizzard
§ Thunder
§ Roar

Yeah, that's a very strange set but i need this. Probably this isn't the best of all starters, but i need to intimidate Slaking/Mukwahk at the turn one because they can sweep my team. Thunder is to stopping other Gyaradoses and for Parasupport. Blizzard helps against Gaburaisu and is the best move that I have to hit Heracross. Earthquake hits Blissey and Metagross. Roar to stop Swampert and Calmcune/CalmBro.

Snorlax@Leftovers
§ Body Slam
§ Focus Punch
§ Counter
§ Crunch.

Lol, another strange set. I need this to paralyse Suicune, so: Skarmory and dosaidon fear Focus Punch, Crunch to hit ghosts and Counter to kill Metagross/Aerodactyl and other things. He have Thick Fat.

Ramuparudo@Leftovers
§ Swords Dance
§ Rock Slide
§ Earthquake
§ Snow Slide

This really is A BEST. With all that PARASUPPORT (i also have a Twaving Blissey) he rocks. Snow Slide for Claydol and Gaburaisu, Earthquake for Metagross. Rock Slide for paraflinch and swdance is very nice.

Blissey@Leftovers
§ Seismic Toss
§ Softboiled
§ Aromaterapy
§ Thunder Wave

I need this to stop Jibacoil and Calmkou as you can see. Another reason to use Blissey is Thunderwave and another one is heal bell. This also stops Slowbro with a little hax.

Claydol@Leftovers
§ Earthquake
§ Ice Beam
§ Reflect
§ Rapid Spin

The spinner. Helps against Salamence, Gaburaisu and CBTAR. Reflect is to help the team against Metagross/Slaking/Gaburaisu/Tyranitar/Mukhawhk etc. He stops Medicham without Shadow Ball or Ice Fang.

Heracross@Leftovers
Megahorn
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Rest

Yeah, defensive Heracross but without Sleep Talk. I need this set because: Megahorn is awesome, Brick Break killsa Jibacoil and is important that he can't switch in nobody easily, Rock Slide for Salamence. He stops Tyranitar (with the help of the rest of the team) and helps against Gaburaisu. Also stops (or try to stop) Snorlax with Earthquake. That's why he have Rest.​

Gyarados needs to lose EQ and roar and take the special route w/ Choice glasses. You say you have "all of this para support" I see only one pokemon that can twave. The heracross set wants sleep talk instead of rest so it can move in on sleep attacks. There are more things, but right now I feel like this board is just crashing faster than my last computer.

With Adherence skarf gyara i can't really stop Medicham and Heracross.
I have a Twave, a Body Slam and a Thunder.
Heracross is really needed in this this so i should give Rest to he. Sleep Talk without Rest on a defensive pokemon (yes that's a defensive cross) is stupid.

I wouldn't use snow slide on Ramp because he can't take hits very well. I'd use him with Ascarf of Cband.
With 60 base power Snow Slide is, without taking hits too, the best Ramuparudo's move to hit Claydol and Gaburaisu, so...
Also Ramuparudo in this team helps against Snorlax, so I prefer Leftovers and Swords Dance.

Snow Slide always goes last, so Claydol will hit first with Land Power/Earthquake. Crunch is his best move for Claydol.

With snow slide, you always go second btw. He might not even be alive that long. I also suggested choice GLASSES, not scarf.

Yah give him crunch, you don't want rampard taking a hit or he will die. I'm not sure how you're going to get a swords dance off, either, as so many things are faster than him. I doubt that you're going to get para on every one of your opponent's pokemon. I'd go with Rock Cart, or just speed pass or something.

I don't want to paralyze the opponent's entire team, but only the pokemons that can stop Ramuparudo.
Ramuparudo can take a Claydol's Earthquake and kill it with a Swdanced Snow Slide. With Leftovers he gains some hps. I can also kill Claydol in the switch (2hko i think).

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This really is A BEST.

I lol'd

If you want to use special Gyarados, use Hydro Pump, imo :] But really, Salamence is probably better at this design.

Heracross will never get a chance to really bother with Rest, and if it does, something will set up on it.

What this team needs, more than anything, is an anti-Dugtrio. Porygon2 is probably the best at this.

You've just got way too many problems with all of the powerhouse sweepers. You can't stop any of them once they set up, which they have a fairly easy time doing. Infernape, Garchomp, Heracross to name a few, will simply destroy you.

Sorry, but you really need to rethink your entire team.

Snow slide ALWAYS GOES SECOND. *smashes head into monitor*
This means that Snow Slide hits second in the switch?
This really doesn't make sence.

Ramuparudo is thinking to use Snow Slide!
Guy sents out Claydol!
Ramuparudo is preparing to use Snow Slide!
Claydol uses Earthquake!
Rampard finally uses Snow slide!

Anyway this team have a lot of weakness but look, carefully!
Almost every sweeper that can sweep this team can't switch in nobody of my team.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The point is that if Snow Slide is a 2hko, Claydol is going to get a hit in on you. And Claydol will probably do a lot of damage with EQ.

You're focusing too much on weak ass claydol. Now how about the other 200 pokemon that destroy rampard before he can get an attack off?

He needs speed bro

Rampardos needs Adherance scarf, it needs speed, it has plenty of power but crap speed

Set
Rampardos@ AS
earthquake
crunch
Stone edge/double headbutt
pursuit/return

quakes hits everything with levitate, stone edge/DH hits flyings, so there countered to hell

crunch 2hkos clayol assuming you predict claydol switch in, claydol cannot switch into rampardos out of fear of crunch. it does minimum of 50% assuming claydol runs max hp and def evs with neutral nature

pursuit is for things like when you switch in nve attack, and they have to switch out due to inability to harm rampardos, pursuit will put heavy dent with 400+ attack and doubled base power of pursuit due to switch

with AS, it has 350ish speed with monster 400+ attack assuming it runs jolly and max attack and speed evs

or you can use Misty's proposed set

Rampardos@ liechi berry
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Return/ may i add crunch over this as an option?
Endure

its designed to sweep late game with para support and some stat pass'd to this poke, not many can stop this pokemon once it gets rolling, not sure about evs, since misty never posted, perhaps he can input his thoughts to this?

Putting Trick Room on Claydol might not be that bad of an idea. Rampardos and Snorlax would both appreciate it.

This is a brilliant idea, but you really should do some team reconstruction here. I know that you think sweepers can't switch in against anyone on your team, but you're wrong: none of the pokemon on your team will discourage ALL sweepers from switching in.

Also, I know that this is anal, since English is clearly not your first language, but your post is mildly uncomfortable to read. I know that extra spacing usually helps, but you have a bit too much.

Something constructive: I have a Rampardo set that you might be able to put to better use than your own.

Rampardo @Leftovers
Earthquake
Stone edge
Drain punch (IMO, he needs some sort of recovery, as he has defenses to take at least one, matbe two hits)
Aerial ace (At least I THINK that he can learn it)

Alternatively, you can have rampard lead with a focus strip. Most leads can kill him easily, so the focus strip will guarantee a rock cart, thus enabling a sweep attempt.

This rampardos really is a BEST

Even with 471 attack, you're not going to sweep an entire team from the get-go. ;[
The intention isn't to sweep an entire team from the get-go. The point is to weaken/kill a few of their pokemon before going down, in order to put them in a bind later on. However, if you want to do that, just make an entirely self-sufficient team of 5 pokemon and then add Ramparad as a starter.

If you have to use Rampardos then use a Scizor to Baton Pass agility over to it. Just better hope you can get it all set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)