Other Tiers RBY Random Battles Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
double edge, barrier, rest, mimic look like its best options [using the PO teambuilder is by far and away the most simple way to find this stuff]

There are no partial trapping moves in randbats, but i don't think double-edge+SD is a good idea- you can potentially go without blizzard.

Mimic looks best

edit: Fire blast should probably be mandatory on every fire type

Last edited:
I often cringe when I get rapidash on my team, because I than have to pray it gets a damaging move. - please fix

I got an Onix without Rock Slide. And in the next battle an Onix without Earthquake. I think you should take off Harden and/or Toxic. Onix already has three staple moves (Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Explosion).

More available moves just gets in the way.

Charmeleon needs a level buff.

And if there are any other NFE Pokemon at level 85 (excluding Haunter/ Graveler/ Kadabra), they too should get a level buff.

Last edited:

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd assume he means what's called "self KO clause" on PO etc. Basically when in a last turn scenario both parties happen to faint the one who died to recoil or effects of selfdestruct wins the battle and the one who dies to primary damage loses. That would at least make the most sense to me and i agree that should probably be implemented if that's not the case

I'd assume he means what's called "self KO clause" on PO etc. Basically when in a last turn scenario both parties happen to faint the one who died to recoil or effects of selfdestruct wins the battle and the one who dies to primary damage loses. That would at least make the most sense to me and i agree that should probably be implemented if that's not the case
Isn't that what's happening right now? I mean, the one who dies to the move's actual damage loses. (aka you can explode when it's 1v1 at the end and win if u ko)

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
It probably is in effect but not officially stated. Fwiw the origins of the clause are rooted in Official Nintendo competitions in gen 1 @_@

^Wait, wait? I always thought that Self KO clause meant that if it's down to 1v1 and you use SelfDestruct, then you lose even if the move KO's (since your HP is shown to become 0 before the opponent takes the damage). At the same time, if you KO the opponent and yourself with a recoil move, then you win since the opponent takes the damage before you take the recoil.

Have I been interpreting it wrong for years?

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
^Wait, wait? I always thought that Self KO clause meant that if it's down to 1v1 and you use SelfDestruct, then you lose even if the move KO's (since your HP is shown to become 0 before the opponent takes the damage). At the same time, if you KO the opponent and yourself with a recoil move, then you win since the opponent takes the damage before you take the recoil.
You are correct.

Have I been interpreting it wrong for years?
you're right, but self ko clause is not a part of gen 1 randbats (or gen 1 ou i believe)

Self KO clause is part of Gen 1 OU - it doesn't tend to be part of Challenge Cup, though, and Random Bats makes sense not to include it either. When you're not in control of your Pokemon or movesets, punishing the use of the moves you're given isn't too fair.

Self KO clause is part of Gen 1 OU - it doesn't tend to be part of Challenge Cup, though, and Random Bats makes sense not to include it either. When you're not in control of your Pokemon or movesets, punishing the use of the moves you're given isn't too fair.
It's not a part of PS!'s gen 1 OU, which may or may not be a mistake.

There's still something I don't get about this. It's clear that you are trying too hard to make sure that every Pokemon gets a moveset that is as good as possible to the point that you are defining obligatory moves and such and lots of complex conditions like "don't use move A unless the mon knows move B and doesn't know C and D". Not the way I like this challenge cup / randbat format, but okay, I take it. But then, wouldn't it be much simpler (both in terms of programming cost and in terms of the actual result) if we just gave 1-3 fixed sets to every Pokemon and then randomly generate one of them for the battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)