ORAS OU Random Team (I need help) 1350 ranking as of now

I recently made a team, and while it's been performing good for me (1350 is kinda high for me as I'm not the best battler) I am seeing flaws with it (as I expected) and decided to come here for help. Here is the team:

I wont go through the team building process, I just wanted to use Landorus-T as he's one of my favourite Pokemon so I decided why not, and Latios as he is an amazing defogger and went from there.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

This is the standard choice scarf Landorus, nothing weird about it. He works really well all of the time and I love his ability for a quick U-turn at the start to scout and to break focus sashes. He is also powerful as hell so earthquake/stone edge will do major damage to heaps of Pokemon. Knock off is very useful.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is the defogger of the team. I went with Draco and Psyshock for power STAB options.With life orb they always do heaps of damage. I decided to go with hidden power fire instead of surf or HP Fighting as I like hitting ferrothorn and mega scizorfor a bit extra, and I'm lacking a fire type move in my team.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my stealth rocker, and my main wall. I like to play him very stally often going for leech seeds and protects very often. He usually takes hits very well, and most hits he can't take Slowbro can take very well. Ferrothorn and slowbro have great defensive synergy.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Slowbro is the mega of the team and I'm kind of having toruble using him. I have scald and psyshock for powerful STAB moves, slack off as reliable recovery and clam mind to boost up. I don't think that this set is working very well for me and would appreciate some help on who to switch him with or what set to try instead of this one.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

I decided to throw Bisharp on the team as I didn't have and dark and ghost resists and I also didn't have any dark or steel type moves on my team. I decided to go with Sucker punch for powerful priority, Knock Off as my spammable STAB move and Pursuit for pursuit trapping Pokemon such as cresselia and Lati@s. Once they see Knock off they don't expect Pursuit.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

I added Keldeo on mostly for the fighting stab, and the ice coverage is nice. It hits so hard with choice specs, although sometimes I do feel like I need the extra speed, especially when I'm going up against Pokemon like Greninja, Thundurus and Landorus. I'm thinking of switching Keldeo with specs Sylveon, as I am lacking a fairy type move, and I have been 6-0'd twice by mega Sableye.

As you can probably see this is not the best team and I would absolutely love if you guys could help me on this team. Give me any feedback you can, negative or positive. I'm pretty immune to harsh criticism so go ahead and say my teams shit, just tell me why and give me some options to improve it.

solid ass team first of all things and it covers almost all the checks I can think of. The only thing I see that beats your team is Stall/Mega venusaur although you do have lati as a switch in It gets weakened by keldeo+venu roost could help in that area but you do need hp fire to weaken ferro so lefties latias with the same moveset could fill in that slot. Superpower>knock off on lando since your running pursuit sharp you lose to mega gyara once ferro is gone superpower is also great to ohko balloon drill and ninja and also something to hit balloon tran. The last mon that I see that threatens your team is Manectric/thundurus so that why latias is better than latios because its bulky enough to take 3 hp ices from manectric depending on your spread.

Ok thanks for the input I'll try those out straight away.

EDIT: What would be a good set for Latias, I decided that Timid, 252 spe, 188 SpA and 68 HP would be good as I could 1HKO mega man yet still have a lot of bulk. I'm also able to 2HKO Ferrothorn after lefties with HP Fire.

Last edited:
s
Ok thanks for the input I'll try those out straight away.

EDIT: What would be a good set for Latias, I decided that Timid, 252 spe, 188 SpA and 68 HP would be good as I could 1HKO mega man yet still have a lot of bulk. I'm also able to 2HKO Ferrothorn after lefties with HP Fire.
sounds like the right set for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)