Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snover has a monopoly on weather, and most of the Blizzard spammers are down here. Hail and Baton Pass are gonna have a field day on this. QuiverPass, SmashPass and Hail are gonna be very common, period.
Forgetting about Hippopotas?

In any case, passing tactics seem to be what'll dominate here, what with Gorebyss in OU being a good example of how good this is?

Snover.
Gorebyss+Huntail.
AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Seriously though, thank you R_D! I am so going to love this tier once it's developed (I'm already liking it now :D).

Time to go abuse Yanmega and Sharpedo on a team! Or should I go for double-Quiver Dance-Pass with Venemoth and (lol) Masquerain? So many choices...

Oh gosh!! SmashPassing and QuiverPasses... I'm going to NEED a hazer. I also might run scarf Vital Spirit E-vire just to take Venomoth's Sleep Powder and then hit it with a fire punch.

Stall seems like it's gonna have some great merits, since it counters all of the SmashPass, and QuiverPass strategies (bar ingrain smeargle) whit little help (since both Xatu and Espeon are UU)

This tier is so fun right now, with everyone experimenting. Archeops is amazing if you can keep rocks off the field, I could see this being quite a diverse tier with so many viable options

Great, a new tier!
I might go there the next week to try a new Hail BP team with Snover and Gorebyss...

After a little while on the ladder, I'd like to say that Bulky Waters who have recovery are absolutely wonderful in this metagame (except Pelipper and Swanna, they will never stop sucking).
That leaves us with Slowking, Gastrodon, and Alomomola. I know it's too early to be making assumptions about the metagame, but I can see them being premier tanks or walls for RU.

Correct me if I am wrong - RU is basically the UU of UU tier?

its basically how nu was it the 4th gen, whatever did not make the UU cut. However whats important here is that it will be supported on the official smogon servers and in a month when we have usage stats and suspect tests there will be an additional tier made, NU.

After a little while on the ladder, I'd like to say that Bulky Waters who have recovery are absolutely wonderful in this metagame (except Pelipper and Swanna, they will never stop sucking).
That leaves us with Slowking, Gastrodon, and Alomomola. I know it's too early to be making assumptions about the metagame, but I can see them being premier tanks or walls for RU.
And Rotom-C could set up on those bulky waters, since it 4x resists it?

Just a thought.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, Dwarfspider! So RU will eventually become NU on the Smogon Server?

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
No, I think there will be another tier below RU called NU, which will be the old favorite fail tier.

(or maybe there should be a RRU called Really Rarely Used in between)

I hope testing for this doesn't begin immediately. I think more focus should be made on UU first to get it somewhat balanced befoer beginning on RU testing.

gallade, yanmega, porygon-z, honchkrow and cresselia? what happened to you guys?

also, looking forward to sweeping madness with both sharpedo and yanmega

qft

Plus, i think it's better define NU tier instead of do this new tier.
The only difference that there would have been between this and NU if they had done it now is the name. This just leaves it open to create NU below this next month, but for all instances, is the same thing as NU was in gen 4.

This looks like a great idea!

Granted, I haven't played very much competitive battling this year yet (too much schoolwork, argh!), and I've never been much of an expert at it or anything, but...

1. It seems to me that there's so many pokemon not in Ubers/OU now that having three or more tiers under them may be the best idea to give a decent percentage of pokemon a chance to actually fight. Also...

2. If the last auto-weather-starter is in this tier, then that will leave NU with no auto-weather starters, giving people who don't want a metagame centered around weather a tier to play, whereas if Snover were simply placed in NU, that could potentially make all tiers' metagames be centered around some sort of weather or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)