Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Musharna also has Baton Pass.

WOW i didn't even know it got baton pass lol, that gives it sort of a niche it can run CM, Barrier, Stored power, and baton pass and pass all the boosts away when a counter switches in.

Musharna also has Baton Pass.
Awesome...
Now I have a even wider amount of things to do with Musharna.
Also, on a side note, I call dibs on writing the Luxray analysis when RU starts with it's analysis and all.
Just saying for future references.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I call beheeyem and Kecleon!!!!

You know, i never thought of relicanth but it seems pretty good on paper, Stab recoiles head smash immediatly gives something a niche, unlike aggron it has water Stab and imo better typing.

Having a 4x weakness is better than having two 4x weaknesses, I guess.
Water/Rock STAB's also have better coverage than Rock/Steel, so that's another plus.
Now with 55 Speed, I see yet another TR sweeper.
It can even sweep outside of TR thanks to RP, and most of the time, people won't expect what it can do, cause they don't know what it can do.
Talk about a obscure threat in the fullest meaning of the word...
Should it get a RP or get in TR, your opponent is in a world of hurt.

RU analyses will not be open until after the first round of Suspect testing, which will follow the end of OU Round 5 Suspects. Then, it will be first come first serve, but you will only be able to reserve 2 at any given time. On topic, Yanmega, Cresselia, and Honchkrow will most likely get banned first round of suspects, js.

Just a small note, Oglemi has given me permission to update the RU analyses index when the time comes, but for now, please refrain from posting that you want to reserve RU analyses.

Small note indeed...
Well, what do you guys think about Luxray?
Is guts released yet?
If so a Guts boosted Facade coming off 120 base Atk is going to hurt, he has also come in leaps and bounds from gen IV now that he actually has a somewhat decent STAB move to abuse in Wildcharge.
Still 70 base speed is somewhat slow.

i dont think luxray loses against any specific pokemon except rhyperior and steelix and other ground/rock-steel pokemon.

but with those high defenses, luxray is better switching out anyway

i dont think luxray loses against any specific pokemon except rhyperior and steelix and other ground/rock-steel pokemon.

but with those high defenses, luxray is better switching out anyway
I know that, but I'd rather nail the would be check on the switch than switch out. Also, 80/79/79 defenses are nice, but not high. For high defenses, see Cresselia :P. But the way I see it, CB Luxray is kind of like CB Haxorus. Weird Speed tier, awesome wrecking potential.

I suppose CB would work if you use rivalry, as most people completely skip over gender when making a team, so leave them as males.
There was a lot of debate about that on the Haxorus OU analysis. It's not worth it to even mention Rivalry, because you'll just get a huge fluster of debate that gets no one nowhere.

BTW, I don't feel like changing my sig, but I completely understand it's too early to claim analyses.

Rivalry isn't really even worth it on Haxorus. I'd rather be able to take out Weezing and Eelektross using Mold Breaker EQ then Rivalry, which is completely situational and easy to counter by switching up your genders.

Rivalry isn't really even worth it on Haxorus. I'd rather be able to take out Weezing and Eelektross using Mold Breaker EQ then Rivalry, which is completely situational and easy to counter by switching up your genders.
No one runs Weezing or Eelektross in OU though. The main thing Mold Breaker allows you to do is hit Bronzong, Gengar, Lati@s, Hydreigon, and other levitators. Rivalry is situational but but still has some merit over Mold Breaker if you are willing to take the risk.

An Eeveelution cleric set is always a good thing, something among the lines of:

Flareon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Whatever nature fits best (Bold, Calm, Careful, Impish)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect/Yawn
- Lava Plume/Payback/Leaf Blade/Ice Beam (or another attacking move)

Wish and Heal Bell for healing your mons, Protect for easy self-recovery or Yawn to phaze. Attacking move to do something when taunted and scare away pokemon that are weak to it.
This set probably isn't very new, but I've seen only Flareons and Umbreons on opposing teams, so I thought I'd advertise the other two a bit (especially Leafeon!).
I for myself have used Leafeon as part of a FWG core with Moltres and Blastoise and it works very well. I went with Yawn over Protect (a curse and blessing; on the one hand you can scare away mons you can't touch, on the other hand it's kinda hard to heal yourself) and a specially bulky set (max SpD and Careful) as it has plenty physical defense.
The prevalence of bug-types sucks, but overall, it's served me well. And it has surprised me that Leafeon is the least used Eeveelution, so guys, go ahead! The water and ground resists and Leech Seed immunity are really useful!

No one runs Weezing or Eelektross in OU though. The main thing Mold Breaker allows you to do is hit Bronzong, Gengar, Lati@s, Hydreigon, and other levitators. Rivalry is situational but but still has some merit over Mold Breaker if you are willing to take the risk.
I was making a point of wanting to attack Levitators in general or to get rid of Multiscale with Mold Breaker instead of worrying about Rivalry. I know that Eelektross and Weezing aren't used, but they were the two Pokes that came into my head first that had Levitate. Rivalry is very situational too, but I guess it could have its' merits.

Back to Superpower, it's now useless anyways. Almost all of those Rock-Ground/Steel Pokemon carry Sturdy, which ruins you. Superpower. They survive with sturdy (or awesome defense) and OHKO with Earthquake, which many have stab on and after a defense drop... Superpower isn't nearly as worth it anymore.

Back to Superpower, it's now useless anyways. Almost all of those Rock-Ground/Steel Pokemon carry Sturdy, which ruins you. Superpower. They survive with sturdy (or awesome defense) and OHKO with Earthquake, which many have stab on and after a defense drop... Superpower isn't nearly as worth it anymore.
Which is why you use Stealth rock...?

Unless they've had a lefties turn after switching in, or survive by the second "awesome defense" manner. I wouldn't say Superpower is useless at all, but it's not as helpful as it used to be.

Come to think of it, wouldn't Guts-boosted Fire Fang or Wild Charge 2HKO most of those too? Although recoil and Orb damage could allow Aggron and Steelix to kill you anyway.

Because SR, Spikes, and TSpikes for non-Steel type Sturdy users, previous damage, Ferroseed, Munchlax, and Clefable don't exist. And Aggron can't exactly switch into a Superpower from a poke that isn't slower than it (which is most everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)