Gen 3 Rate my adv team

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Recently the atq server held an rse tourney and this is one of the teams I used. It is a fun team to play but has problems with dragon dancers mostly...

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hypnosis
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

I kinda hate hypnosis since it never hits for me, mostly just a panic button atm but am considering explosion or something

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spd
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

the main reason I made this team, hp fire gets a lot of people off guard, as does giga drain. Its nice to recover hp while setting up as well. I lost the battle thanks to this ev spread, when +1 hp fire did a low damage roll to a forretress (96%) :/ so if someone can help with that that would be cool

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 68 HP / 52 Def / 252 Spd / 136 SAtk
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

thinking ice since i have celebi but i rly hate swampert and so does everything else on this team

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

my blissey killer and general finisher
i know theres an ev spread to survive raikou hidden power or something i cant remember it though

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Wish

my healing dude and my only real chance at beating dd mence :/ the speed is great when he gets some calm mind boosts

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Cross Chop
- Rest
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk

my sleep absorber, does ok not too impressed with him

anyways rate it if you can, thanks guys

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
a solid defensive team with spikes will give you a lot of trouble. skarmory can spike all over sleeptalk swampert and dugtrio.

your lack of instant heal on celebi is probably not a good idea. giga drain is pretty bad and should be replaced with recover. honestly, hp fire might screw over skarmory once, but it leaves you completely vulnerable to mence. even with swampert over machamp, you will have major troubles with mence because he can come in on you more often than you can come in on him.

you rely heavily on celebi passing a few cms to one of your sweepers. dugtrio is not a reliable way to get rid of blissey, and you will find yourself walled more often than not. a better way to play around special walls would be to include mixed attackers (like tyranitar) that can come in on blissey and hit something hard. the threat of celebi setting up and passing to zapdos should always be looming, but you probably shouldn't try it right from the beginning of the match. this is also a good reason to include recover on celebi.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Thanks for the rate, I will try recover over Giga Drain, it has been quite helpful so far though. I've also noticed I have nothing to take out Curselax, maybe I'll replace Jirachi/Gengar with something that can threaten it and Blissey. Jirachi is nice for Wish support, though. Thanks again, I'll take all of that into consideration!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Interesting team, Ala! Usually I see CM Passing Celebi paired with a Rest Talking Zapdos, but BPass Zapdos is a very nice twist that keeps the CM boosts going even if Zapdos is forced out.

Gengar and Tyranitar / Metagross usually deals with Curselax wielding either EQ or Shadow Ball respectively. Tyranitar and Metagross (CB) are both good mons to deal with Blissey, as well. Not that you would want to kill off Blissey instantly, since it is a set-up fodder for you.

As for the all-important Celebi, definitely give it Recover if you want your CM-stacking to work at all. It's mono-move should be STAB Psychic. A +1 Psychic is a 4HKO on Skarmory. Not so impressive than the decisive 2HKO with +1 HP Fire, but it wears Skarmory down quickly, and so Skarmory would definitely be in enough pressure to limit its spiking. Other than Dugtrio, your other monsters would force Skarmory out or severely cripple it, making Skarmory's presence less threatening. Psychic would actually allow Celebi to counter certain monsters like Gengar, Heracross, Rest Talk Zapdos, CM Raikou, Aerodactyl as well as hitting Salamence and Gyarados hard on the switch. It also hits less common Phazers, such as Suicune and Swampert for good damage.

Another interesting choice would be Vaporeon. It can keep the CM boosts alive by BPing and provides you a second wisher. With Charm it can also halt DDmence, DD Gyarados (Taunt Gyarados would prevent Charm, but then Zapdos can switch in without fearing for D-Edge) and Curselax, also making Wish Passing so much easier by making Vaporeon more durable. I would put this over Gengar.

I would advise keeping a fighting type in there, but Hariyama > Machamp. It provides something to switch into Ttar relatively safely. Swampert does this, too, but Hariyama also provides an additional coverage against Psych Up Regice that would otherwise come to use your CM set up against you. The reason for the replacement is to provides you a reliable monster to dispatch MoPCross (SubSalac Swords Dance Heracross) if it ever activates Swarm + Salac Berry with Swords Dance (sweeps your team just like most other teams). Hariyama requires less defensive EV investment, resulting in having a higher Atk than Machamp that is forced to run Impish Nature.
One suggestion is possibly making Hariyama a CBer. It provides more firepower, preventing an easy switch-in for Salamence and Gyarados. It can still absorb sleep and use it to its Guts advantage (without fearing selecting Rest). If you do not prefer the vulnerability that comes with CB, you can also go Bulk Up over Rest. Again you don't necessarily need Rest on a Sleep Talker if its sole purpose is to absorb sleep. Just imagine a Hariyama with CM boosts that then increases its Atk and Defense! It would be a freaken tank :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)