rate my bad team lol (peak #9)

hello pals. please take a look at the following team and fix it for me please. i like to think that, when trying, im not a bad player though i guess everyones standard for bad is a bit different. i would say i am average to above average for the general showdown population or somewhere around there. im pretty good at playing the matches but absolutely heinous at building teams because frankly it is a little boring to me, and i dont bother to think about it too much. i made the following team because i felt like playing RU, and i saw that there was a suspect test, so i decided to actually get reqs (i never play RU and probably had no business voting in it haha). i was winning a lot of games and only really noticed how bad the team was when Imanalt played me and there was a bunch of ppl in the room LOLing at how bad my team was etc. and then they pasted my elo and win/loss and said that they were surprised i had as good a record as i did with such a bad team haha. i didnt bother fixing it though bc frankly the ladder was quite bad and i was winning most of the matches i played once i got used to the team. but to deal with insanely common threats in the RU tier like moltres or cress i consistently had to make big plays and hard reads which is probably my best strength as a player. also i wished i saved some replays.

later on a few ppl asked if i made the team myself but i think they were worse players that just saw the ELO and thought i was better than i was. so i said i did. but then i thought about it, if i was able to be decent with a bad team, maybe if ppl fixed it for me i would be better. so that is why i have come to ask for help haha.

proof of peak:

okay so usually you see folks paste a teambuilding "process" part here. i had the vaguest of ideas when creating the team so frankly i put the 6 mons together and left it exactly at that, i'm not going to lie. there was literally no thought in the first two picked, the next three had a modicum of thought put in though, like they do certain things generally well, and the last one drew a ton of heat when i was playing other higher ladder folks but it worked well for me i swear!

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Okay so Emboar was chosen for the following reason: he is a sumo pig on fire, mainly. He's cool, I like his design and he is strong. Also i heard that he had recently got reckless which was cool. I knew that doublade was in the tier so i figured a solid flare blitz would scare him out. I saw that he had head smash and remembered that the suspect was for moltres, so i figured i would put that on there. Superpower was stab and i don't think emboar gets the fighting move that deals recoil so it was my next best choice. Sucker punch was a desperate third option because frankly I didnt think he was dealing any damage anyway to Alo, and if I even wanted to use Wild charge to deal like 40% to a defensive monster like that I'd both have to hard read it and take a ton and he could just switch out. I clicked sucker punch twice through all 50 games i played with this team and one time it failed lol. Him being scarfed saved me a lot of times though. Idk if 252 jolly outspeeds any notable marks but I put it so he was as fast as possible.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

I picked abomasnow bc hes one of my favorite pokemon and i liked the idea of non-missing blizzards. I think the standard set on the site recommends speed but I figured im honeslty never going to need it so I think i put it all in HP. honestly 99% of the time i didn't click anything aside from blizzard and MAYBE ice shard. actually thats not really true, i got a few EQs off on really obvious cobalion switchins and stuff which was nice to get a bit of prior, combined with hazards and hail. oh yeah the team ends up being a bit of a stallish passive damage team which you probably didnt expect bc the first mon was a scarf emboar. But it does. the hail damage thing turned out to be really useful haha!

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

i figured i needed a defensive mon and i remembered there was a bunch of regenerators in the tier and alo was here as well. so i picked alomomola. its one of my least favorite pokemon because its design is insanely bad ftl. however it was probably the best mon on the team all things considered lol. toxic stalling with alo is great because most steels in the tier don't want to take a bunch of scalds because then i can wish stall the burn instead. rocky helmet is an incredible item, the damage racks up super quickly esp. when combined with toxic and hail. all that on top of a wish in the air means alo would often choke the life out of win conditions. it usually beat pangoros 1v1 as well or made it possible for me to get past them. frankly for a moltres pangoro suspect the eventual team ended up being incredibly weak to both of those two lol. but i would say alo's ability to deal with physical mons and to outstall most walls made it the mvp of the team all things considered. moveset is obvious and ev's are no brain straight defense

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

frankly amoonguss is just the spdef version of the above. the dude takes great hits, can take an ice beam from a specs clawitzer. um spore is insanely obvious, gotta have it etc. sludge bomb is key, i used it to hit a bunch of mega abomasnows on the switch for sick ass damage a bunch of times. giga drain came in handy a few times i guess. synthesis seems redundant but considering i would have things burned or toxiced or whatever, late game amoonguss won me a few matches by just being able to live forever esp. as last mon a few times. i loved using him and his design is not as bad as alo.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

then after this i remembered that slurpuff was in the tier, and did not want to take +6 play roughs ever with anyone else so i put doublade on the team. i made him the attacker though bc i figured i should have a little more offense. i liked to use swords dance toward the end of the game. also he was pretty much my only answer to cress which was the biggest pain in the ass the entire time i was in the tier. i hate cress. if i didn't have doublade the only way i could deal with it was by sacking something to kill the sub and then try and status it. more often than not i caught it with a status on the switch which was cool and good. however doublade usually provided pretty decent answers to it. shadow sneak is great for priority, iron head owns bones, sacred sword is for steels.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Psychic

okay so i got a lot of flak for using claydol bc he is bad. i get this haha whatever.. but he did the things i needed him to do! stealth rock obviously was good. i needed hazards a lot for this team bc a regenerator core forces switches, and doublade is pretty effective at spin blocking and can sort of handle the only defogger i ever see in shiftry if i predict the defog correctly and nail him w/ sacred sword. however that previous sentence is a great example of what i said at the top of this rmt, which is that i was forced to predict an absolute ton with this team to work well. rapid spin was also bc, as a switch heavy team, i needed to be able to get rid of spikes and stuff. claydol function well against that leads whose name i cannot remember right now, the defensive poison water fish with spikes, toxic spikes and intimidate. bc i would predict the taunt and hit it with a psychic to 2hko, then save my boy c-d to spin and set up hazards later. if moltres wasn't life orb, i could take 2 hits and i would psychic and toxic it while it was in which was sort of essential for the way i dealt with moltres. i know its sort of bad form to put a major threat check, rocker and spinner and status dealer all on one lackluster poke but he sort of got done what i needed him too a lot of times. again, very prediction heavy, because i'd often be in situations where i'd have to predict my opponent to predict me to switch out and get off key toxics.

So i could only find one replay but its against a good opponent:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rususpecttest-213369262

Thank you for reading this and please help me if you have the chance and feel free to ask any questions regarding thought process or whatever and i'm down to try any suggestions. Thanks and good night.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Psychic

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol I also just posted a random team I kinda threw together that peaked pretty high with the same emboar+aboma+doublade offensive core. Emboar should probably run Wild Charge over head smash as you still hit flying types but it also gives you much stronger coverage vs bulky waters like slowking. Some other things probably need to be fixed (Claydol probably) but I'll leave that to better players. grats on your peak

Lol I also just posted a random team I kinda threw together that peaked pretty high with the same emboar+aboma+doublade offensive core. Emboar should probably run Wild Charge over head smash as you still hit flying types but it also gives you much stronger coverage vs bulky waters like slowking. Some other things probably need to be fixed (Claydol probably) but I'll leave that to better players. grats on your peak
Thanks, do you think I should probably get rid of Sucker Punch? It's really so situational and frankly I never go for it

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's situational, but there isnt much else to put on emboar and priority is nice. Mine has sleep talk because I lack a spore absorber, but sucker is probably the best move

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)