XY Doubles Rate my double team for competition

Hello Smogon , i want some tips for my team. You must know that it's for a competition, no Pokémon from Transfer is allowed (only kalos born) but pokémon from the national Dex are alloawed. Sorry for my english i'm french

here we go

Roger-Jr (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hammer Arm
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
He is here to hit hard with a few boost from Meowstic or Scolipede, Double-Edge hit more harder than Return. Hammer Harm is for Steel or Rock pokemon (especially Tyranitar) I know the speed drop can be a trouble but Sucker Punch is here for Priority.

Pandora (Scolipede) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Megahorn
He is here to transfer his boost with the help of Greninja or Meowstic. With Greninja he use Sword dance with his Mat Block and after he use Protect or Baton Pass (It depends at the situation) Megahorn is here for the Stab but i'll rarely use it.

Ryu Hayabusa (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Mat Block

With Mat block he help Barbaracle with Shell Smash or Scorlipede with boost (Sword Dance and after Protect). He can hit Grass Pokémon with Ice beam and Flinch with Dark Pulse. I fear for the Mat Block Speed and Taunt, Aerodactyl, Prankster and Scarf pokemon can hit or Taunt before him.

Megazord (Barbaracle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Razor Shell
- Cross Chop
- Shell Smash
After a Shell Smash, he hit hard and the focus Sash help him to use a another one or to resist one attack. Rock Slide can hit both pokemon, Razor Shell can hit hard with Tough Claw and drop the Defense. Cross Chop is to Hit neutraly but I can use X-scissor instead.

Agon Kongo (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect
Classic but he protect from Electrik attacks and he can hit a lot of threats, Lum berry help him to recover from a WoW. The other moves are obvious

Happy (Meowstic) (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 228 HP / 180 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Swagger
- Safeguard
- Thunder Wave
- Fake Out
My Prankster, he helps the team with Safeguard + Swagger for Kangaskhan , Barbaracle or Garchomp. But i'm not sure to use him or replace him for Whimsicott with Tailwind. Thunder wave is for the Speed control, I don't know if i use Fake Out or Quick guard

I usually lead with Greninja + Barbaracle, Greninja use Mat Black and Barbaracle Shell Smash. Or if i want more power for a another teamate, I use Scorlipede with Meowstic.

If you have suggestions or replacements for this team i'll take them, Thanks for your support.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to Smogon! Your team is pretty decent, but there are a few kinks to work out. The first and biggest one is make kangaskahn have an Adamant nature because the extra speed from the jolly nature will be wasted after you use hammer arm. I would also recommend I'd also recommend running Fake Out over protect because it does a lot of damage for a fake out. Also, shell smash isn't a very good move in doubles because of the oodles of priority. I don't know what move or pokemon I'd recommend to to swap, but you may want to think about that. May block is a VERY predictable move, so I'd recommend running protect there. Also Hydro Pump may be good over scald on Greninja.
You don't have to do all of these or even any of them, but good luck with your team!

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Hello! You have a really great start with this team, but there are a few tweaks that can be made to make it even better.

Staring with Kanga, I would rearrange his moveset. Return>Double-Edge, Power-Up Punch>Hammer Arm, and Fake Out>Protect. Double Edge does do more damage, but the double recoil from Parental Bond isn't the best, especially since Kanga can't hold a recovery item, and that sweepers need to live as long as possible. Power-Up Punch still gives you the desired coverage, and will also double your already absurd attack stat. Fake Out is almost broken on Kanga, and allows for an ally to take down a threat. Lastly, I would put Kanga's last 4 EV's into SpD. Not the biggest issue, but I prefer that for slightly more bulk.

Personally, I would replace Barbaracle with a Fairy resister. Heatran would do amazing on this team, but I know you can only have Pokemon from the Kalos dex. However I think Aegislash would be a good choice. He could serve as a a bulky mixed attacker, and I think he would do much successful than Barbaracle. Here's a set I threw together you can use.

Aegislash @ Leftovers | Stance Change
Sassy | 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Iron Head / King's Shield / Sacred Sword / Shadow Ball

That's all I have to say, good luck with your team!

Thanks both of you for your advices, if think i can replace Garchomp for Medicham and Kangaskhan for Blaziken speed boost

leremyju

Banned deucer.
kangaskan has way more bulk than blaziken, and it doesn't really need the speed of you have the right support. If you have support mom like Amoonguss or pachirisu, you can almost always get up power up punch for that +2 making KO's easier. Alternatively you could use a tailwind setter like talonflame, which is also great in doubles. Also, you have only one special attalcer. And a frail one in greninja. I'd also suggest replacing scolipede, but if it works, keep it

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
hi! I personally attended a local competition with identical rules, and depending on how good everyone else is, this team might not cut it. I'd like to suggest a few things:

1. drop baton pass. replace scolipede with amoonguss or other more direct support options for kanga.
2. prepare for intimidate more. right now you have one special attacker; I suggest using rotom-w over barbaracle for will-o-wisp and similar water coverage, or you could use bisharp for defiant.
3. greninja isn't very good in doubles. perhaps use a more bulky offense option, or more support for kanga? ludicolo keeps water coverage and gets fake out; scrafty gets intimidate, quick guard and fake out.

good luck with the competition!

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Honestly, I've run a greninja before and it wasn't that bad. While it is frail, you can revenge kill a mon or start it as a lead. But if you do run greninja, scrap mat block because experienced players will use fake out to ruin it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)