**Rate My Dragon-Offensive Team**

So, I've been working on teams for quite a while now, and have had ups and downs with it. I get up to 1600, get bored of that team, make a new team, fall down to 1150. One weakness my team has is heavy stalling, but I don't know how to counter that well without dropping a major part of my team. Another problem is those gosh darn fairies- I have no real good counters, though they usually can't survive the other stabs of my pokemon (Or boosted attacks), like MCharizard's +1 Flare Blitz or Dragonite's +2/+3 Fire Punch or Extreme Speed.
Here's a Preview- (Note- If anyone can find a Mega Charizard X Sprite, post a link in comments)

So here's a deeper insight.

Procrastinate (Dragonite) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch

Dragonite is here to be powerful. Thats one of the main purposes. Dragon claw for Safe and Powerful stab after a boost, ESpeed is for outspeeding other priority users, like Mawile-Mega and Pinsir-Mega if I've lost my Multiscale, Dragon Dance is there for getting a great Attack and Speed boost, and Jolly nature to out speed slowish scarfs. He's a great lead, and counters alot of leads, though a MCharizard X lead is better.

Hugs? (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
Adamant (Or Jolly) Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost (Or Earthquake)

My second Dragon Offensive Dragon. After seeing the Dragonite, they expect a MZard Y, and switch into their special walls, which allows me to get a dragon dance up or too. Adamant nature is there to deal some extra damage when needed, while Jolly allows it to outspeed (After one DDance) base 100 scarves without a boosted nature. DDance is there, again, to give it an extra boost to both speed and attack, DClaw for a safe, powerful stab without any drawbacks, and Flare Blitz is there for a Massively powerful stab, taking out nearly everything after a boost. And the last slot is a controversial subject. Normally, I would run Earthquake to take out Heatran and Fairies that resist Flare Blitz, but I use roost. Why? Because of the dominance of Sucker Punch currently (And Aegislashes with King's Shield). I've had so many sweeps (But mostly enemy ragequits) where they get it down to low health with Flare Blitz, and they switch into their Bisharp or Mega Mawile, and I can just roost off the damage and proceed to sweep.

Not gonna be working (Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb

I haven't been seeing this much around lately, and I don't know why. It's just really effective at just killing everything (Except for Aegislash, but most of my team Ohkoes him anyway. I really don't know why I added him onto the team in the first place, but he's working pretty well lately. Heres what he does-
1- Comes in to revenge kill something with Super Effective Mach Punch.
2- If they need that mon for later, they switch out.
3- I really go for a Substitute.
4- I can get a powerful Stab Focus Punch off the next turn, and get most of my health back.
That's just how Breloom rolls.

Murph (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Starmie is my Murph in this team. What do I mean by that? He's my rapid spinner- I always name them that. Starmie is all about rapid spinning and coverage. I believe he has perfect neutral coverage (I'm not sure about abilities though) and hits most pokemon for super effective damage. Since hes Timid and is lacking a bit in offensives, I decided to give him a LOrb. This is the closest thing I have to support on this team, and It's mainly there to help Charizard keep full health and to make sure Dragonite has Multiscale, as well as to get coverage.

Might Be Me (Latios) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios is one of my two special powerhouses. He is the true god of pokemon, ever since he ohkoed the lord Arceus with a Soul Dew Draco Meteor in the realm of Ubers. Latios is death for anything it sees, and one of the best sweepers AND revenge killers in the game. Not many can hold that title. Draco Meteor for an insane stab, Psyshock for another stab and a way to take care of Blissey/Chansey, though you can run Psychic for extra damage or Luster Purge for Eyecandy.Ssurf for coverage, and HPFire for more coverage. Here's some Calculations---

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 357-420 (50 - 58.8%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 261-307 (37 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Goodra: 446-528 (116.1 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Thats some major damage, especially against some of the greatest walls.

Pwny (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind

Keldeo well deserves the title of Pwny. With great special attack and speed stats, he punches holes in the opposition. He has perfect neutral coverage, though HPGhost and Icy Wind are slightly lacking in the power department. I choose Surf over Scald or Hydro Pump due to it's extra power over Scald and extra accuracy over HPump. He's here to tie my team together, and I like him that way.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
3 dragons....you have to get rid of one. I would actually reccomend switching charx for a diff mega, mega mawile is an amazing counter to fairies and can sub on switches, and then destroy basically anything it touches. Man i wish you didnt have to run starmie as a spinner. It may seem decent but you have low.expectations for a spinner, and it is really a weak point on the team.
You also have two special attacking water types....=problem. You are losing significant coverage. At least make one azumarill physical. Keldeo really doesnt like this team cause of fairy weakness. Excadrill as a spinner to keep with HO.
Dragonite EQ>fire punch only if you keep charx
Charx eq>roost for DD sweep otherwise you want some bulk. A lot of.pokes can 2hko charx without it.
Mega mawile over charx would be blessing for this team, you would run sub sucker punch iron head play rough.
Also you need to at least run a physical water type over keldeo. And AV conkeldurr could cause you problems.

I would recommend a new rapid spinner or defogger tho, you dont have diversity or countees on this team.

Starmie is actually a very good choice- He is much faster then Excadrill, allowing me to run a Suicide Spinner if I want to. I am planning on switching out Breloom Though. Also, Mega Mawile is too commonly countered these days. Lastly, 3 Dragons- (After I take out Breloom) 3 Weaknesses to fairy, but Im going to replace him with a CScarf Jirachi- Heres the set-

Cheeseeee (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Also, over half my team can take care of AVConkellur, Since Im running Psyshock Over Psychic

xJownage

Jirachi is good although running an all out attacking set seems weird to me. Also if the opponent has rocks up starmie IS a suicide spinner.
You need to replace one dragon
btw while mega mawile can be countered its counters are handled by most of the team. And run into enough AV conkeldurrs and you will see what i mean. I used to run a pretty similar team.

Since you're so hyper offensive (the best and only playstyle) why not use hydro pump starmie with analytic? It hits aegislash switch ins hard for like 60% and I believe it can beat mega ttar if it switches in to hydro pump. Analytic is so good.

Also i would run EQ on zardX if you're leading with Zard. You can't beat heatran, gain Aegi as somewhat of a check, and you can't really hurt ttar without EQ. That being said I wouldn't lead with ddance zardX; just too many checks and counters earlygame.

Also maybe HP flying might be better on keldeo to hit venusaur and such.

Good luck with ur HO team!

Dracospam is dead when fairys comes out.

4 mons are weak against fairy ( dnite, breloom, latios, keldeo). 2 are weak against pursuit (starmie/latios). The opponent just need a pursuiter and cm clefable for GG.

Replace starmie with

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Resist and kill fairys, spin rocks. Drago/Exca is a famous and tested core. They complete very well each other.

Don't add jirachi: this gen he is weak x2 against dark. Another pursuit killer for the opponent.
Keep breloom: keeps aways ttar/ bisharp

Dragonite do what charizard do. But dragonite didn't take the MEVO spot.
U can try megamanetric.

And next time test your team more before posting.
If u don't know all weakness, go here http://www.psypokes.com/dex/typeanalysis.php and submit your team for see immunity/resistance/weakness.

xJownage

My team, running azumarill and bisharp as well as other bulky monstrus attackers, can counter yours easily. I just tested it. Pursuit wipes out what isint weak to fairy, and fairy wipes out the rest. My bisharp and azumarill killed 4 and 5 of your pokes in two test battles. Yeah thats pretty bad. Suggestions above are good and you also need to keep breloom

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Fart (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere

Also, I might update to a better Breloom. Do any of you know of a better set for Breloom?

xJownage

Jolteon seems bleck to me but overall could work well. I would go with thundurus but your prefrence as jolteon i know is better than i like to think. Also roost>aura sphere on togekiss for longevity, otherwise it is not living up to what it could do. And you still have that water type issue. Exca>starmie EASILY on this team.

I think you should replace t-bolt on starmie with psychic, might as well get a strong STAB move in there if it's going to be a auicide spinner, and replace Scald with Hydro Pump, Starmie then becomes reliable for taking out Aeigislash (one of the best spinblockrs in the metgame) without having to rely on the burn from scald. I run this set and have no complaints thus far.

xJownage

A LO sheer force landorus-i would cover this teams weaknesses very well. The question is where.
It has great coverage and 1.6x attack and special attack by default and it gets no recoil from life orb because of sheer force.
Landorus-I @ life orb
Timid nature
252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 Def
-Earth power
-Focus blast
-Psychic
-Sludge wave

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 272-320 (81.4 - 95.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 356-421 (101.1 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 289-341 (69.8 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

so yeah this thing hurts. Everything else seemingly dies from it anyways and its coverage is great. Predict right and Its just a killswitch

put it over togekiss. More powerful and better coverage

Pwny (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head

This team has really evolved, and only a half of the original pokemon are left (RIP Dragonite, Starmie, and Breloom)

xJownage

looks great. i love this team!!! i might try to use it and see if i find any other weaknesses, but this thing looks amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)