ORAS UU Rate My First Team :)

HI GUYS
This is basically my first post on Smogon, simply because i just made my account today. I've been reading up a lot on competitive battling, and I'm starting to make some teams. This is the first one I've made so far, which has actually worked really well so far on pokemon showdown.
BTW since this is my first post i don't know how to get images of my pokemon, and I don't really know the format that I should be writing in. However, I'm basing my format off of other RMTs, so I think I should be alright.

Shuckle @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-Infestation
-Toxic
-Sticky Web
-Stealth Rock
Shuckle is my favorite lead, hands down. Not only do I love his look, but the way he was built just really reached out to me. Sticky Web is the obvious reason I'm using Shuckle, and Stealth Rock is just meant to check the Flying-types immune to Sticky Web. Toxic is my damaging move of choice, but i added Infestation too just so that i didn't get completely shut down by taunt. I put evs into def and spd just to make him tanky as hell, with a spd boosting nature to boost his spd more and a rocky helmet to balance out the def and spd.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake
My wallbreaker, pretty standard EV spread. Adamant nature because with D-Dance + Sticky Web I don't know if any of the unboosted metagame can outspeed this thing. Life Orb jut because i wanted a bit more oomph to my attacks, and Outrage over Dragon Claw because it serves his purpose as a wallbreaker better. Poison Jab was just for the fairy coverage, while I just had because it's supereffective against a lot of the current metagame.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
-Thunder Wave
-Heavy Slam
-Rock Slide
-Ice Punch
My least favorite pokemon on this team. I really wanted a tank of sorts other than Shuckle, so I chose this guy. Honestly, he hasn't been working our too well but I don't know who to swap him for. I've been thinking of Mega Sableye, but idk if it's really worth it. The EVs cover his low Spd a little, Adamant nature because attack isn't really invested that much. Heavy Slam for STAB, Rock Slide for STAB if i decide not to mega evolve to keep my rock typing, Ice Punch hits a lot of common threats hard, and Thunder Wave to provide a little support for the rest of the team.

Serperior @ Choice Specs
Ability: Contrary
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 HP / 252 Speed
-Leaf Storm
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Dragon Pulse
Here he is. The most badass pokemon I know of because I really like snakes, and Sevipers useless. The contrary ability is beastly on this guy, although his movepool is very limited. The EVs and nature are pretty self-explanatory, Choice Specs I honestly usually just spam leafstorm on him. Leaf Storm is the obvious stab of choice because of contrary, and Giga Drain is just there as a backup alterntive in case I need a little healing. HP Fire since Grass types wall this guy pretty hard, and Dragon Pulse because I had nothing else.

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs:252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Speed
-Close Combat
-Wild Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Will-O-Wisp
My defensive Arcanine, been working OK. EVs and nature are once again self explanatory, and i just had choice band because i don't what the heck to put on this guy. Close Combat and Flare Blitz are self explanatory, Will O because hes defensive, and Wild Charge because ii lacked any other electric type move in my team.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Bold
EVs:252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spd
-Scald
-Rain Dance
-Aqua Ring
-Rapid Spin
My rapid spinner. Scald obviously best stab for defensive waters, rain dish ,rain dance, leftovers, and aqua ring for great healing. The Bold nature was just because Blastoises spd is a bit higher than def, and i wanted to balance is out a little. The EVs match me wanting to balance out his bulk a little.

Well that's my team, thanks for rating :)

Last edited:
Hey man solid looking Sticky Web team here, I'm gonna make a couple suggestions to help you out.

First thing is Shuckle: It is the most reliable setter of Sticky Web, but its greatness lies in its utility, not its defensiveness. The EVs on Shuckle should be focused on physical defense (252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef), letting it set up on more Pokemon like Infernape, Krookodile, Darmanitan, and more. Additionally, I would recommend Encore over Infestation, preventing you from becoming setup fodder for the likes of Suicune and Haxorus. Finally, in order to not be completely stopped by Taunt, you should use a Mental Herb over Rocky Helmet. This will allow you to negate one Taunt and get up the appropriate hazard, ensuring that you will always be able to set up either Sticky Web or Stealth Rock.

Jumping to Blastoise: a purely defensive Pokemon is not a good idea to have on Sticky Web teams because they usually are easy for opponents to spin or Defog on, clearing your hazards. You want all your Pokemon to keep up offensive pressure on the opponent so they will have limited chances at getting rid of Shuckle's hazards and gaining momentum themselves. Because of this, I recommend you change Blastoise to Mega Blastoise, as with Sticky Web support, it becomes terrifying for frailer teams to face. It's also one of the most reliable users of Rapid Spin, so you should have a pretty easy time getting rid of hazards on your side if you need to. I've posted an importable of the recommended set for Mega Blastoise.

Using Mega Blastoise means you'll need to change Mega Aggron, whose defensive set is another that suffers on Sticky Web teams for reasons I explained above. Again, Web teams shouldn't necessarily need "tanks" because they should simply be overwhelming the other team with offensive pressure. Mega Sableye is (fortunately) not legal in UU, so I would try to come up with a new Pokemon all together to fill this slot. One thing I can think of off the top of my head is mixed Jirachi, who fulfills the Dragon and Flying resistances that Mega Aggron did, but also provides a lot of offensive support for your team. You should use Iron Head and U-turn for sure, while the last two slots are up to you. Energy Ball 2HKOs a lot of spinners, like Donphan and Mega Blastoise, that think they can spin easily against Jirachi; Fire Punch hits Steels and nails Forretress who could otherwise spin on you. Notice that what I'm trying to stress here is making sure Shuckle's hazards stay on the field because that is of tremendous importance on Web teams. Without Sticky Web, your team falls victim to tons of offensive threats like Entei, Krookodile, and Nidoqueen, so you should do everything you can to keep Webs on the field.

Alright, now for Serperior. It's one of my favorite Pokemon to use right now, but a Choice Specs set doesn't really do it justice. I would go with a Life Orb set with some utility moves that are posted in the importable below. Taunt is great to prevent Defog and other Pokemon from healing/statusing you, while Glare cripples Pokemon like Crobat and Jirachi and makes it a lot easier for your team to deal with them. Synthesis lets you stay on the field longer and mitigates Life Orb, hazard, and Scald burn damage.

Finaly, I recommend you change Arcanine to Entei. Entei's got better bulk, slightly higher Attack, and most importantly Sacred Fire which is insanely useful and even better on a Sticky Web team. Again, the set is posted as an importable below.

Hopefully this rate wasn't too long to throw you off, but the changes should be pretty clear :] Good luck using this team in the future.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt / Glare / Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse / Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse / Ice Beam / Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Yo scale, nice team. Agree with everything dodmen said, you really want to keep up offensive pressure on webs teams to ensure that you keep your hazards up so changing Blastoise to mega is definitely the way to go.

Some big threats that I see to your team are definitely Scarf Hydreigon and Curselax. Scarf Hydreigon outspeeds your entire team thanks to its immunity to webs and can spam Dark Pulse for free late game since you have no resists. Curselax on the other hand sets up curses on a large majority of your team and then proceeds to decimate you while you have to rely on crits to take it out. Somethings to help beat these 2 more consistently are Lucario or Coballion. Both of these suggested mons deal with the 2 aforementioned threats fairly well and provide you with the steel typing that you lost from Maggron. Unfortunately however, this does make you weaker to flying types, but I think that's a small price to pay for having a better way of dealing with these two threats. I think the mix rachi suggestion from dodmen is a really good idea too though, so it's really up to you what you want to fill that spot with.

Hope i helped!

dodmen Hairy Toenail ty for the feed back guys :) I'm definitely gonna be changing blastoise to mega and prob swap aggron for a more offensive steel type, prob one of the ones that hairy suggested. Definitely gonna try out the different shuckl and serperior. Honestly I'd prefer legends out of the team, but I'll try entei out. If he does really well, I'll prob keep him on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)