1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 2 Rate My GSC with Trades Team for Netbattle.

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by The Deadman, Oct 27, 2007.

1. The Deadman

The Deadman

[​IMG]
    Exeggutor @ Leftovers
    Stun Spore
    Explosion
    Psychic
    Giga Drain

I bealive Eggy is the best Grasser in GSC. Anyway Eggy's purpose in life is to paralyze everything it can because its dam slow. Eggy has oe hell of a Special Attack stat so lets take advantage of it with Psychic and Giga Drain which both get stab.Explosion is a great finish.

[​IMG]
    Steelix @ Leftovers
    Curse
    Roar
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide

Ahh I love this Iron Snake's Immunity to Poison and Electric moves. This thing takes hits(Physical) and can Curse up to raise its increidable Defense and its Mediocre Attack stat. Roar is to phaze things that try to set up. Earthquake to take advantage of Stab and Rock Slide cause Iron Tail is garbage.

[​IMG]
    Blissey @ Leftovers
    Softboiled
    Light Screen
    Heal Bell
    Ice Beam

The best Special Wall in the game as well as The best Light Screener. Thie Nurse of Death takes Special Hits like nothing else. Softboiled for a great recovery move Light Screen to aid the rest of the team. Heal Bell to cure status of other team members and Ice Beam so Gengar doesn't wall her.

[​IMG]
    Raikou @ Leftovers
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Thunderbolt
    Crunch

The Legendary Dog of Thunder Raiou. I think its always good to have at least one Sleep Talker. Tbolt things to death Crunch the likes of Jynx and Eggy.

[​IMG]
    Porygon2 @ Leftovers
    Curse
    Recover
    Return
    Ice Beam

Ah this thing looks so cool. Cursegon is cool Curse,Recover,Attack, reapeat.

[​IMG]
    Nidoking @ Leftovers
    Lovely Kiss
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Fire Blast

Nidoking is a cool Poke'mon in late game to finish the battle. Put something to sleep or perdict and attack on the switch Nidoking reaks of Awesomeness.
  2. Borat

Borat

Giga Drain is generally useless, since it only hits Starmies, who have no business staying in vs you anyway. Sleep Powder/HP Fire/Reflect/Synthesis all work better. Your only Marowak counter at this point.

Rhydon/Ttar generally run that set better. Consider Body Slam over RS if you're not worried about Skarms.

Blissey sucks in a physical dominated metagame. Use Snorlax; you don't need LS, you have Snorlax and Raikou, 2 of the best spc walls in the game.

Cursegon2 with no support, won't work.

Nidoking is more effective early/mid game.

Overall, no synergy. No surprise though, few GSC teams have it. You lack any real Curselax counters. A lot of random stuff really, FB Drumfable, etc; and your offense isn't quick enough to offset these holes.
  3. Karrot

Karrot plant
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I agree that this team has no synergy. Any well-built team will be able to pick this team out slowly...or quickly. Usually some small weaknesses can be ignored when you have a big team strategy, something this team lacks. What exactly are you trying to do here? If you focus on a single, set-in-the-stone strategy you'll find more success. It can be a simple strategy or a complex one, but always have a strategy behind your team! It cannot be stressed enough!

Want your Porygon2 to sweep? Get some pressure to put Skarmory and the common Growlers in the knockout box, maybe a screen or two. Or perhaps you want Raikou to dominate the field before you're done? Grab a Gengar to explode on enemy Raikou as they switch in! Really, though, I'd recommend something easier to work with, though. For example, Belly Drum Snorlax is easy to build a team around.
  4. Borat

Borat

Drumzard wins this.
  5. Ace777

Ace777

You also have a somewhat Tyranitar weakness. You might want to try using Suicune to try and help both problems. P.S. You won't need any support if you get lucky and freeze your opponets Porygon 2 counter -_-

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)