Abomasnow (F) @ Iron Ball
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spe)
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Abomasnow is my hail starter and one of my blizzard spammers, I chose water pulse in place of fling too get rid of the iron ball, because my team has trouble with fire types. Giga drain hits water types, which are resistant to blizzard, hard and Abomasnow has an iron ball to almost guarantee him setting up hail.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
-
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Reuniclus is my bulky psychic pokemon. Hitting hard at the start with a 30% boost from life orb, which thanks to his ability doesn’t recoil, 125 base special attack, and a 90bp STAB psychic. Psyshock hits special walls and specially defensive pokemon hard.

Marowak (F) @ Thick Club
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Double-Edge
- Detect
Marowak is insane, with the thick club, his horrible 80 base attack becomes more powerful than Deoxys-A, his sucky speed is a blessing in disguise with trick room. Being able to OHKO almost any pokemon, as an example of his power, with earthquake, he can with a critical hit OHKO max defense shuckle.

Glaceon (M) @ Ice Gem
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SpAtk, -Spe)
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Glaceon has the most powerful blizzard in the game, tied only with Kyurem, Glaceon is normally too slow for a good sweeper, but in trick room he can outspeed most pokemon that could otherwise do serious damage or OHKO him. Even resistant pokemon if their not specially defensive can be KO’ed by it’s blizzard.

Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Protect

Rotom-W is one of my special sweepers, Thunderbolt is his main STAB, Hydro pump hits ground types. Quiet nature slows him down enough to work in trick room.

Cresselia (F) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Light Screen
- Helping Hand

Cresselia is my secondary trick room setter, mental herb get trick room up even if cresselia has been taunted. She can setup light screen, and psychic makes her not completely taunt bait.

Threats
-The average Sunny Day team
-Bulky fire types
-Weather Wars

If anyone could point out some more I would be grateful

Team Makeup

-Goodstuff
Abomasnow/Reuniclus/Marowak/Glaceon

-Goodstuff with fire types
Abomasnow/Marowak/Rotom-W/Reuniclus

-Rain
Abomasnow/Rotom-W/Reuniclus/Glaceon

-Sandstorm
Abomasnow/Reuniclus/Marowak/Rotom-W

-Sun
Abomasnow/Rotom-W/Reuniclus/Glaceon

-Hail

-Trick room

So, let me get this straight. You have trouble with fire types on this team... and you give the move to deal with them to a pokemon that's x4 weak to their STAB which you've purposely made as slow as possible... Let that sink in for a moment.

So, let me get this straight. You have trouble with fire types on this team... and you give the move to deal with them to a pokemon that's x4 weak to their STAB which you've purposely made as slow as possible... Let that sink in for a moment.
Kingdra is my main counter for fire types I just have water pulse on Abomasnow for when Kingdra isn't out.

Great Team! But I choose Spects of Latios for White herb or Dragon gem.

Kingdra is better Swift Swimmer.

I hope to have helped ;)

Great Team! But I choose Spects of Latios for White herb or Dragon gem.

Kingdra is better Swift Swimmer.

I hope to have helped ;)
I chose sniper instead of swift swim since I don't run rain, and I don't like being locked into one move unless that is all i'd use otherwise such as with blizzard glaceon.

Water Pulse just isn't going to work on Abomasnow, I'd really suggest to get rid of it.

Giving Kingdra two Water moves is also extremely redundant, maybe replace Scald with Dragon Pulse. Also putting Kingdra on any team besides a rain team just doesn't work at all.

With Mamoswine being your only physical attacker, specially defensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Scizor, Jellicent, and the rare Blissey will give your team hell. I'd maybe suggest replacing Kingdra with a priority physical attacker, like Hitmontop or Hariyama.

Water Pulse just isn't going to work on Abomasnow, I'd really suggest to get rid of it.

Giving Kingdra two Water moves is also extremely redundant, maybe replace Scald with Dragon Pulse. Also putting Kingdra on any team besides a rain team just doesn't work at all.

With Mamoswine being your only physical attacker, specially defensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Scizor, Jellicent, and the rare Blissey will give your team hell. I'd maybe suggest replacing Kingdra with a priority physical attacker, like Hitmontop or Hariyama.
Psyshock on reuniclus hits specially defensive pokemon, and kingdra is mainly there to counter sun teams because very few of my pokemon can kill bulky fire types.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As I said in the other thread, three Ice-types is a good way to lose, especially since you have no answer to Steel-types except for Mamoswine (which they beat anyway unless you get lucky with miss hax).

With Modest, Glaceon just barely loses to base 108s, so you should really switch that to Timid.

Conversely, I'm not sure why you aren't running Quiet on Abomasnow if you want it to be as slow as possible. And Water Pulse on it is pretty much useless - 60 base power unSTABbed isn't going to hurt anything, and with such low speed and no Sash it probably isn't going to get a chance to attack a Fire-type anyway. Consider Ice Shard or a Hidden Power instead.

Kingdra seems really out of place here, especially since you specifically designed it not to take advantage of opposing weather. If you want a Water-type, I'd consider a different one.

What is Latios's item? It says Specs, but then you talk about White Herb in the description.

As I said in the other thread, three Ice-types is a good way to lose, especially since you have no answer to Steel-types except for Mamoswine (which they beat anyway unless you get lucky with miss hax).

With Modest, Glaceon just barely loses to base 108s, so you should really switch that to Timid.

Conversely, I'm not sure why you aren't running Quiet on Abomasnow if you want it to be as slow as possible. And Water Pulse on it is pretty much useless - 60 base power unSTABbed isn't going to hurt anything, and with such low speed and no Sash it probably isn't going to get a chance to attack a Fire-type anyway. Consider Ice Shard or a Hidden Power instead.

Kingdra seems really out of place here, especially since you specifically designed it not to take advantage of opposing weather. If you want a Water-type, I'd consider a different one.

What is Latios's item? It says Specs, but then you talk about White Herb in the description.
What would you suggest instead of kingdra? And latios's item should be white herb idk why it says specs.

Kingdra should really have Swift Swim over Sniper, Swift Swim counters rain extreme. ly well. If he is going to have Wide Lens, you might as well have Hydrop Pump over Scald to take advantage of the accuracy boost

Brightpowder is a bit of a gimmick to start off with, but combined with Mamoswine's somewhat bad defensive typing it helps even less. Ice Gem could be better, this could have Ice Shard finishing things hit by one Blizzard off.

Kingdra should really have Swift Swim over Sniper, Swift Swim counters rain extreme. ly well. If he is going to have Wide Lens, you might as well have Hydrop Pump over Scald to take advantage of the accuracy boost

Brightpowder is a bit of a gimmick to start off with, but combined with Mamoswine's somewhat bad defensive typing it helps even less. Ice Gem could be better, this could have Ice Shard finishing things hit by one Blizzard off.

I changed the stuff you pointed out, thanks for the help.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Any bulky Water-type would do well. But as this team has trouble with Steel-types (particularly Scizor, which can hit everything except Kingdra super effectively with its STABs), you also might want to consider a strong Fire-type. Perhaps Infernape, as it also has Fake Out, provides Fighting coverage, and helps make up for your team's low average Speed.

Any bulky Water-type would do well. But as this team has trouble with Steel-types (particularly Scizor, which can hit everything except Kingdra super effectively with its STABs), you also might want to consider a strong Fire-type. Perhaps Infernape, as it also has Fake Out, provides Fighting coverage, and helps make up for your team's low average Speed.

What about jellicent for Kingdra, and infernape for Mamoswine?

Updated the main post and switched jellicent for suicune, as I don't really need jellicent as a spinblocker and suicune has better stats across the board.

You said your threatened by fire types, and I think that the replacement of jellicent with suicune really solidifies this weakness of yours. Suicune may have better defensive stats but it's offensive stats really fall short when it comes to necessary KOs for Bulky Fire types and sun teams in general. Jellicent is very useful because it's typing prevents it from being a target of Fake Out. If Jellicent doesn't suit your team enough then maybe you could try controlling Fire types in the form of Flash Fire, Chandelure would really help because of it's 100% immunity to Fire type moves AND fake out. Or if you're dedicated to Suicune and really wish to use it, then I'd suggest making it more offensive.

You said your threatened by fire types, and I think that the replacement of jellicent with suicune really solidifies this weakness of yours. Suicune may have better defensive stats but it's offensive stats really fall short when it comes to necessary KOs for Bulky Fire types and sun teams in general. Jellicent is very useful because it's typing prevents it from being a target of Fake Out. If Jellicent doesn't suit your team enough then maybe you could try controlling Fire types in the form of Flash Fire, Chandelure would really help because of it's 100% immunity to Fire type moves AND fake out. Or if you're dedicated to Suicune and really wish to use it, then I'd suggest making it more offensive.
Yeah, now that you say that I have to agree, jellicent does have water spout.

Its a pretty good team but I do have a few questions about it. The first one is why Latios has a bold nature. Maybe a timid/modest would work better. The next one is why 2 life orbs. A focus sash on infernape would work better due to its frailty.

Forgive me, I am an amateur team rater. I noticed a few problems, but I really don't have the experience or insight to help you fix them.
Its a pretty good team but I do have a few questions about it. The first one is why Latios has a bold nature. Maybe a timid/modest would work better. The next one is why 2 life orbs. A focus sash on infernape would work better due to its frailty.
He's running Hail so a Focus Sash would be rather useless. That said, you do need to find some other item for Infernape since item clause is in effect for VGC play. Maybe consider an elemental gem?

Also, I would rethink the addition of Jellicent. Water Spout is awesome, but Water Spout + Hail is horribly unsynergetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)