1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 Rate my legendary team!

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Marriland, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Marriland

Marriland

OK, peeps. No hateful comments please.

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band ** Pit Bull
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 62 HP / 252 Atk / 62 Def / 12 Spd / 122 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Tail
    - Return
    - Rock Tomb
    Great starter. Intimidate owns.

Alakazam (M) @ BrightPowder ** Saik :)
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 88 HP / 251 Def / 171 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Ice Punch
    - Psychic
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderpunch
    Not the best, I know. Needs improving.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers ** Homer Simpson
    Trait: Immunity
    EVs: 86 HP / 145 Atk / 137 Def / 72 Spd / 70 SDef
    - Belly Drum
    - Body Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Ball
    Yeah, no Rest or Curse.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers ** Metal Phoenix
    Trait: Keen Eye
    EVs: 80 HP / 149 Atk / 149 Def / 30 Spd / 102 SDef
    - Drill Peck
    - Spikes
    - Steel Wing
    - Roar
    Looks OK to me.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 250 HP / 134 Def / 102 Spd / 24 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Ice Beam
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled
    The usual. Yeah, Skarmbliss isn't cheap to me.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers ** Robert
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 144 Def / 144 Spd / 108 SAtk / 112 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hypnosis
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Surf
    Needs improving again.
  2. Thorns

Thorns

3. glaceonkyle

glaceonkyle

Smogon's not really the place to go for flameless rates, but here we go.

Tauros -- HP Bug/Ghost over Rock Tomb. Never use Rock Tomb, even on something that doesn't get Rock Slide. Go with HP Rock if you really need a Rock move.

Alakazam -- Needs Calm Mind over Thunderpunch.

Snorlax -- Needs no speed really, maybe 4 to outspeed its own group. It doesn't need attack either, but it does need HP, Def, and some SDef.

Skarmory -- Since Milotic can take Tar, put either Rest, Toxic, or Substitute over Steel Wing.

Blissey -- I prefer 80 HP / 252 Def / rest in SAtk with Bold nature, this EV spread allows more use of Ice Beam than to kill Salamence.

Milotic -- I suggest more Defense EVs so that Milotic can beat Tar and Mence. Take a lot out of speed and bump the HP and Defense.
  4. yoshi!

yoshi!

May I ask what the SDef EVs are for? Surviving a certain attack? If not, then just put them into Spd.
  5. Marriland

Marriland

OK then. Thanks for the help!

It's because Tauros don't have many SDef.
  6. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Tauros isn't really meant to take hits as such (though it can switch in on some neutral physical moves thanks to Intimidate).

Choice Band, by nature, makes Tauros the hit and run type, as you'll be switching to change attack, so there's really no point in pumping defenses as if you can't hit something you're sure as hell not staying in on it.

For that reason, it's probably best to go with Jolly and 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Whatever; you'll find the extra Speed greatly benefits you in your ability to sweep.
  7. Squarewalker

Squarewalker

Your team has very huge problems with CBTar/DDTar, and even Boah/Physical TTars with Sub (it simply comes in on Blissey, and Milotic gets 2hko'd by a CB or DD-boosted Rock Slide, and TTar is faster). You also don't have a spinner, yet an opposing Skarm could easily set up spikes on Tauros/Lax/your Skarm and even on Blissey. To remedy these two problems, the addition of Donphan or Claydol over Snorlax would probably be the best option.

Then, the other huge problem is that you have no fighting resist (the addition of Claydol over Lax won't help against Heracross, etc.), so a bulky ddmence over Alakazam or Tauros could help with that a lot (if you add it over Zam, then you'll have double intimidate as well, which is always useful.. though Zam could help a lot with Trickbanding/Encoring/CM-Recovering to beat [non-twave] blisseys, since you'll have problems with skarmbliss).
  8. COalex

COalex

Just out of curiosity, how often have you used Rock Tomb on Tauros? It seems like a cool idea, but I'm wondering how useful it is.

Alakazam needs a better moveset; try Calm Mind over Thunder Wave and Fire Punch over either Ice Punch or Thunder Punch.

Snorlax doesn't have the support it needs to use Belly Drum, since you've only got one Thunder Waver and that's Alakazam. If you really want to make this work, put Thunder Wave on Blissey over Ice Beam, and replace somebody with a Magneton. The EVs are all over the place there; what are they for?

Blissey is pretty standard, max her Defense before you put anything into HP, and consider Thunder Wave over Ice Beam, since you've already got Milotic.

Milotic might do better with Rest/Talk/Surf/Ice Beam, but besides that it's pretty standard. Just make sure to fix those EVs.
  9. Marriland

Marriland

I dumped Rock Tomb for HP Ghost, because it was useless.

I can't dump Alakazam because I'll have no Special Attacker then.

I replaced my Snorlax with Donphan. Is this a good moveset?
    Donphan (M) @ Leftovers ** Trumpet
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 143 Atk / 116 Spd / 251 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Return
    - Rock Slide
  10. yoshi!

yoshi!

Needs HP and Def EVs IMO. Doesn't need Spd and SDef. And why Careful? Should be Impish (+Def, -SAtk). Can't also help thinking that Rest needs to be here somewhere, over Return I think. If all marillanders are like this, they'll be a east sweep...
  11. Marriland

Marriland

Really? Donphan's SDef isn't that high.

I'm not really that great in Advance.
  12. Charged

Charged

i would really take this into consideration rest would be a great asset
  13. Croconaw Guy

Croconaw Guy

You have aromatherapy blissey, so rest would do well. I prefer est on donphan anyways, as unless you have wish suppost, you have no other way to heal.
  14. blastoiselover100

blastoiselover100

I know this probably isn't your biggest concern, but all of the evs you put should be divisible by four. Every four evs you put=1 point in the stat.
  15. z0MG

z0MG

Is it absolutely necessary to have a special sweeper on every team?
    And for gods sake, press SNAP in the EV window! You have so many random EV numbers..

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)