The Team:

Gengar: Liechi Berry
Hasty
EVS: 252 spd, 12 hp, 68 sp. atk, 176 atk
Explosion
Substitute
Focus Punch
Thunderbolt

GarBoah. Thunderbolt and focus punch take skarmbliss and explosion after a liechi boost pretty much OHKOs everything in the game that isnt steel/Rock and high defense.

Zapdos: Leftovers
Modest
EVS: 252 hp, 56 spd, 100 def, 100 sp. atk
Agility
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Grass]
Baton Pass

My speed-passer. His role is simple for my team, pass to marowak with an agility and if thats not open I can try to pass to a dedent speed pokemon to outrun everyhting in the game. HP Grass is cool for Swampy that shows in adv a lot. Thunderbolt is always a threat off zappy and can be that last strike I need.

Marowak: Thick Club
Jolly
EVS: 252 atk, 252 spd, 4 hp
Double-Edge
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Hidden Power [Bug]

HP Bug is a neccesity for celebis and stuff that might come in and try to take out my RBY team. I had HP ghost but Im thinking gar cant take a rock slide. Double edge has no recoil and EQ for STAB

Dragonite: Lum Berry / Liechi Berry
Adamant
EVS: 252 atk, 200 spd, 56 hp
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Hidden Power [Flying]
Fire Blast / Substitute

This was hard to decide on. right now atm i have fire blast and lum for skarm and screw-uppers. however if i run Sub and liechi I can pull of 2 DDs and a liechi boost and sweep everything but skarm. ... dilemma dilemma. I need help here

Slowbro: Leftovers
Bold
EVS: 44 sp. atk, 252 def, 212 hp
Calm Mind
Flamethrower
Surf
Ice Beam / Slack Off

This thing can make and break the game. after a few CMs and his defense he can take big hits and deliver some too. still dont know bout ice beam and slack off need help there

Snorlax: Leftovers
Careful
EVS: 252 hp, 128 sp. def, 128 atk
Curse
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Body Slam

Curselax after 6 curses 2HKOS forretress...thats cool. anyway rest kills me when i use it because now im either missing a way to deal wih steels or i miss a way to kill ghosts. i liek EQ and shaodw ball. Also helps with big ice weak

So please rate and tell me how i can improve it...

144 HP / 68 Atk / 132 Def / 164 SpD-----Use this Ev spread for Curselax.
Snorlax wants rest>Shadow ball. He gets walled by Gengar yes but thats what you have Dragonite for.
Dragonite go with Leichi Berry. If you think Hypnosis or something is coming just switch somebodt else out. And Slowbro go with Slack Off and Ice Beam>Flamethrower. Dragonite has fire power.

Also use this Dragonite pic.
it's from pokemon green. way funnier

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
144 HP / 68 Atk / 132 Def / 164 SpD-----Use this Ev spread for Curselax.
Snorlax wants rest>Shadow ball. He gets walled by Gengar yes but thats what you have Dragonite for.
Dragonite go with Leichi Berry. If you think Hypnosis or something is coming just switch somebodt else out. And Slowbro go with Slack Off and Ice Beam>Flamethrower. Dragonite has fire power.

Also use this Dragonite pic.
it's from pokemon green. way funnier
How does Dragonite help with a Gengar problem?

woah. you are right. i do not get slack off...oh well ill stay with ice beam, surf, and than flamethrower/HP electirc/Rest

Except this isn't the team blaze server, so Slowbro doesn't get Slack Off.

Liechi Berry Gengar seems a little gimmicky to me, because the chances that you get hit once are very high, and if you try to Explode it can easily be predicted and you end up doing nothing to say, Skarmory, or another Gengar. Go with Leftovers.

On Dragonite, again, I would go with regular Leftovers over the berry, because you don't really need +4 Attack to sweep the team, and it is really easy to have something with Ice Beam that won't die from a 1 DD HP Flying.

Slowbro should use Rest/Thunder Wave over Flamethrower.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hypnosis on Gengar over Substitute would further contribute to setting up your Sweepers.

Skarmory and Zapdos are both a pain in the arse, because together it walls your team pretty darn well.

Heracross, Ice Punch Gengar, CB Normals / Curselax present problems, too. Jirachi and Celebi come close as well.

You'll have to break your RBY-only restriction, because Steel Pokemon seems to help a whole bunch for your team's defenses. Registeel with Thunder, Thunder Wave, Counter, Earthquake / Explosion perhaps. Thunder spoils Skarmory's attempt to stack Spikes; T-Wave helps both Snorlax and Slowbro in the offensive, as well as crippling threatening Sweepers; Counter EQs / Curselax's moves; and Explosion / Earthquake to break Ttar, Jirachi, and Raikou's sub. Possibly over Dragonite, since Dragonite can't sweep in a team that lacks fundamental coverage to popular Pokemon anyways, and doesn't gain much from Registeel's support.

Slowbro needs Ice beam if it wants to be a functional water pokemon, and Ice provides a reliable offense against Salamence, Celebi and Zapdos. Although, Fire Blast seems very appealing for dealing with Steels and such, Surf is necessary to provide better coverage.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thunder requires less sp atk evs to 2hko Skarmory (actually no EVs), and with 21% par rate, it's offense and support at the same time!! Plus an unstabbed Tbolt coming from Registeel's Sp Atk is puny.

Pocket said:
Thunder requires less sp atk evs to 2hko Skarmory (actually no EVs)
Most of the time, one of the two Thunders will miss.
Pocket said:
and with 21% par rate
You calculated how high the para rate is with 70% accuracy, but the crappy accuracy of the attack doesn't matter? >_> Also, why do you care about the para rate when you have Twave?
Pocket said:
Plus an unstabbed Tbolt coming from Registeel's Sp Atk is puny.
Is missing better?..
I hate missing in general. Especially when it misses fucking 30% of the time. Also, Thunder is considered a more "haxy" move than TB.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Eh, I dunno how valuable Double-Edge is, so you could try Swords Dance here. Setting up one after a Speed-pass is basically scrapped a team. I also agree on the Sleep-Talking Snorlax, as you need some sort of cushion for hits and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)