Rate my OU Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Azure Hawk, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Azure Hawk

Azure Hawk

My team is as shown. It has taken many battles to get my team the way it is. I'm not to good at making team and usually start with Pokemon that I just randomly pick, then I slowly exchange Pokemon. This team started with
    Cloyster / Ambipom / Rotom-H / Spiritomb / Stunfisk / Latios
    Look how it is now... I just changed it a little (lol)

[​IMG]
    Deoxys Defense
    @Leftovers
    Timid (+Speed -Attack) - Pressure
    -Spikes
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Hidden PowerFIRE
    -Psycho Shift
    48 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 208 Spe
    Haven't battled with this guy yet.

[​IMG]
    Latios
    @Expert Belt
    Timid (+Speed -Attack) - Levitate
    -Surf
    -Psyshock
    -Hidden PowerFIRE
    -Draco Meteor
    4 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    I like this guy because he can do loads of damage and is really fast. His attacks are well spread and he can knock out the annoying Ferrothorn which I hate. Surf can also take out Infernape and also hit Scizor with HP Fire.

[​IMG]
    Scizor
    @Choice Band
    Adamant (+Attack -SpAtk) - Technician
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit
    -U-Turn
    248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 SpDef
    He can lock in Psychic and Ghost types with Pursuit and U-Turn can help me a lot when I can predict a switch. I wish Superpower did more damage I can never seem to get a good hit with it... maybe a replacement move?

[​IMG]
    Rotom Wash
    @Choice Specs
    Timid (+Speed -Attack) - Levitate
    -Hydro Pump
    -Volt Switch
    -Hidden Power ICE
    -Trick
    4 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    This thing with specs... it can take out many pokemon. HP Ice allows me to hit Salamence and Dragonite and Volt Switch whenever needed and so on.

[​IMG]
    Infernape
    @Choice Band
    Jolly (+Speed -SpAttack)
    -Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -U-Turn
    4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    This guy is really fast although not sure if I should have gone with the Fire Punch/Mach Punch version but this one is pretty steady. Moves are really strong it can handle a bit of recoil.

[​IMG]
    Tyranitar
    @Leftovers
    Sassy (+SpDefense -Speed)
    -Ice Beam
    -Fire Blast
    -Crunch
    -Dragon Tail
    252 Hp / 64 SpAtk / 192 SpDef
    Good final member I must say. I chose Dragon Tail as a final move instead of Stealth Rocks because I do have Deoxys, and I'd rather have Dragon Tail to get rid of Pokemon that are annoying me and to get damage from entree hazards. Ice Beam and Fire Blast are also very helpful instead of just having Hidden Power on other Pokemon.

OR

[​IMG]
    Terrakion
    @Air Balloon
    Jolly (+Speed -SpAttack)
    -Swords Dance
    -Rock Polish
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    He is also very good with his great speed it is an awesome late game sweeper. Only thing is I already have Close Combat and Stone Edge on Infernape. So While Terrakion is awesome and all, should I just go with Tyranitar just cause it has a variety of moves and more defense?

I have used both Tyranitar and Terrakion on my team and both have their strong points and their low.
    Tell me if I should skip Terrakion and Tyranitar and what Pokemon I could put in, or if I should get rid of other members on my team.
  2. Sayonara

Sayonara don't forget

Hey,

Nice team, Azure Hawk! I find that Choice Band Scizor can cause your team headaches. With Bullet Punch, it easily gets rid of Tyranitar / Terrakion, while U-Turn hits Deoxys-D and Latios hard. Deoxys-D's presence usually forces an opposing Scizor out on the field on Turn 1, so to get rid of that bug quickly, I'd recommend a Suicide Lead Deoxys-D (see set below). This set focuses on getting hazards up quickly while being able to use powerful moves to eliminate opposing Rapid Spin users. A Fire Gem-boosted Hidden Power Fire hits really hard off the bat, ensuring that Scizor is always OHKO'd by that move. Getting rid of Scizor in Turn 1 is quite useful, giving your team an early lead and eliminating a potent threat. On top of that, Forretress is eliminated. Psycho Boost hits opposing Tentacruel hard, getting rid of them before they can use Rapid Spin. Stealth Rock is a great tool for offensive teams, and Spikes can be stacked up 3 times. So basically, you use Stealth Rock, then you use Spikes until you die. The EV spread lets you outrun Adamant Haxorus, while maximizing special attack to maximize Hidden Power Fire and Psycho Boost's power. The remaining EVs are placed in HP to tank hits a bit better. As for whether you should use Tyranitar or Terrakion, I'd definitely go with your current Double Dance Terrakion. It has excellent synergy with Deoxys-D, who often lures in Tyranitar. Once that Tyranitar kills Deoxys-D, you can bring in Terrakion and set up on the switch. If your opponent's team is composed of fast Pokemon, use Rock Polish, and if your opponent is slower, opt for Swords Dance. I don't have anything else to add - cool team, and good luck!

Suicide Lead Deoxys-D (open)

[​IMG]
    Deoxys-D @ Fire Gem | Pressure
    Timid | 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Hidden Power Fire
    ~ Psycho Boost
  3. Azure Hawk

Azure Hawk

Thank you so much for your imput!!! I did a RMT on Marriland Forums (which I love) but there are SO MANY MORE PEOPLE here... there are like over 100 people on at a time... Marriland only like 25 max. I am already loving that Deoxys just cause you said "suicide" There are times where I have Deoxys in and it can't do anything but Night Shade... so yes thank you again!!
  4. LUST

LUST
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Your descriptions are quite short, please improve them to the standards of RMT. Check out the RMT Archive and other open threads to see the kind of detail is sufficient.
  5. Azure Hawk

Azure Hawk

K I'll do that, I just don't really know what to put. I see descriptions like this
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3468915
    I'm just like :O how can they do that... I'm just not really all that great with specifics, but I'll definitely edit this sometime with improved descriptions

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)