1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Gen 1 Rate my RBY team XD

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Crystal_, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner

First of all, I am spanish, so my English may not be very good. I just want opinions and other possible options for my Rb team.

Gengar
    - Confuse Ray
    - Hypnosis
    - Mega Drain
    - Thunderbolt
    The lead. I used to go with Explosion over CR in other teams, but i recently go with this. I put whatever to sleep if i can, the confuse ray as they will more than likely switch. TBolt is the main attack, while MD is very fun to use against Rhydon / Golem, when they think they come into Explosion. I also try to use it as the sleep absorber, as i have another sleeper to go with, for example. Gengar vs Gengar in the battle start. If the other sleeps me, I go with Eggy to put something to sleep.

Exeggutor
    - Explosion
    - Psychic
    - Sleep Powder
    - Stun Spore
    If gengar cant sleep, i sleep with this, and then Stun Spore. Explosion for Chansey and such.

Starmie
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    I use ice beam because my idea was to try to freeze predicted Chansey switches. A freeze Chansey alows Starmie to paralyze anithing else. Sometimes i paralize it, to then outspeed with Rhydon, but if i want to TWave other things I then want to Explode on Chansey with Exeggutor.

Chansey
    - Ice Beam
    - Softboiled
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    Not much to explain lol. I try to come into other non paralyzed chanseys TWave, and if she stays in, try to a freeze. I want to spread a lot of paralysis with it, to allow Lax and Rhydon to sweep better.

Rhydon
    - Body Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute
    Comes into normal attacks like Hyper Beams. I usually attack more with it, in the mid-late game, when a lot of stuff is paralyzed

Snorlax
    - Body Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Hyper Beam
    - Rest
    My late game sweeper, when everything is paralyzed. In my team paralisis is even more important than in others, as you can see, so i want to paralyze a lot (the reason I explain IB Starmie for Chansey)

Thanks^^

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)