Other Rate my RU Tier Team

Hello everyone, I'm kinda new to RU so I don't know the Meta as well, but I built this team and its performing decently on the ladder, ive noticed things like Specs/Scarf Exploud can be a bit of a pain for this team, no hazard setter can be problematic, and my only defogger is weak to rocks, and no reliable wall breaker, so any suggestions are welcome!

At a glance:

Jackie (Gourgeist-Super) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis / Protect
Gourgeist is my defensive wall on this team. Gourgeist is honestly amazing I've used this thing in OU and it works fantastically! It can absorb pesky Earthquakes that Heatproof Bronzong doesn't want to take. Will-O-Wisp of course has the utility of burning and halving my opponent's attack stat on his/her physical mons. Foul Play is a really nice Utility move, being able to hit the opponent with their own attack stat doing large amounts of damage in most cases where the opponent doesn't resist the hit. 0 IVS in attack allow me to take on my opponents Foul Plays as well. Leech seed of course adds sustain, and coupled with burn does decent passive chip damage each turn. Synthesis is great for getting 50% of my health back, but I actually like running Protect to burn/seed stall.

Liberty (Bronzong) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball / Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Recycle
Bronzong is running a fairly unorthodox set here. Figy berry heals 50% of my health after reaching 1/4th of my max and Recycle allows Bronzong to stick around a while. Bronzong is bulky enough to take quite a few neutral hits, and resisted hits are a joke. Heatwave allows me to come in on the likes of Eelektross much better and catch the opponent off guard and Toxic Stall with Psywave. I am contemplating running Rocks over Gyro ball but then I have nothing to touch Comfey with or other faries for that matter.

Anthemic (Scrafty) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
Scrafty is a monster. This thing has gotten me out of so many sticky situations. Lum Berry is a godsend for Scrafty because i've noticed, a lot of people love to try to burn him with Scald or Will-O. Moxie is an incredible ability where every time Scrafty gets a KO his attack raises by 1 stage which makes him an amazing late game sweeper. Dragon Dance gives you a +1 Boost to Speed and Attack, and its fairly reliable as Scrafty has solid natural bulk to him. Drain Punch gives you somewhat reliable recovery and STAB. Knock Off gives you the utility of being able to remove items +STAB, and finally Ice Punch is a great coverage move.

Flaccid (Drampa) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
Drampa is a really interesting mon. The idea behind this set is to activate Berserk as much as possible. Every time Drampa gets below 50% hp, he gets a +1 Sp. Atk boost. Roost is there to gain recovery and Calm mind is there to patch up his Sp. Def stat. Hyper Voice gains STAB but also has the wonderful utility of being able to hit through Substitute. Flamethrower is there for coverage.

Rayne (Manectric) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Manectric hits really hard with Specs. Thunderbolt is there for STAB, Volt Switch is there for maintaining momentum. Overheat hits anything weak to it REALLY hard! Hidden Power [Grass] is for pesky Water/Ground types that can give this team some trouble. Lightning Rod is a fantastic ability and synergizes well with Mantine's 4x weakness.

RIP Steve Irwin (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog
Mantine is the team Defogger. Scald is there to fish for burns, Ice beam takes care a lot of the flying types in the tier or even grass types. Thankfully because of Mantine's Water/Flying dual typing, it isn't weak to Grass attacks. Roost is a new toy Mantine received this Generation and it is excellent for Mantine's sustain, not to mention the other buffs Mantine has received this gen. Its only real downsides are the obvious 4x weakness to Electric and the weakness to Stealth Rocks which is horrible for a Hazard remover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)