Gen 4 Rate my Sand team

As the title says, rate and suggest please :)

Lead:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Nature: Jolly (+Spe / -SpA)
Moveset:
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-U-Turn

Here for the obvious reason:
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Att / Spe 252 / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly (+Spe / -SpA)
Moveset:
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Wall/Stall:
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Impish (+Def / -SpA)
Moveset:
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird

Spinner:
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Att / 144 Def
Nature: Impish (+Def / -SpA)
Moveset:
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Payback
-Explosion

Sweepers:
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA / -Att)
Moveset:
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Magnet Rise

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Nature: Modest (+SpA / -Att)
Moveset:
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power [Grass]

There will be some obvious flaws with this team and it's my first team made for online battling so try not to be too harsh :)

tehy

Banned deucer.
You seem to have a LOT of steels. Literally five. As for the obvious flaws, you really have little to take water-type attacks, and a bulky water like vaporeon or suicune can just keep coming in and taking you apart. Lose the DD on scarftar and the magnet rise on specs zone, and get SR somewhere. A good DD taunt gyara can rip holes in you, forcing you to explode with forretress. A well played offensive heatran can give you problems as well, and substitute heatran gets free switches and destroys you. Mixnape is basically handled by smart switches and scarfers, but i'd feel more comfortable with a better check-you don't really have a good switch-in for CC, the best being skarm.

Finally, agility empoleon is a nightmare for your team, especially the sub petaya version.

Terrakion + Expert Belt Genesect literally destroy your entire team. You don't need skarm and foretress, so you can drop skarm for garchomp and keep magnezone and place an air baloon on him so you can replace magnet rise with sub or Volt switch. Take
Jirachi off lead. You should run the calm mind or specially defensive so rain doesn't rip you apart.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is is a Gen 4 RMT, where Terrakion and Genesect don't exist.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Also, rain isn't really a thing, except for RD teams, which he actually has covered all right. And SubCm does not stop rain teams from ripping you apart. It can't tank two starmie hydro pumps, and is an iffy switch-in to scalds, since if it's burned it can't stall out stuff like ferro.

Listen, five steels=bad idea. Theoretically, you've got everything covered all right, so it's not outright terrible, but i feel like this team requires way too much prediction without giving you a clear chance at an actual sweep. Basically, to sum it up, you're running a HO-style team that requires constant sacrificing to avoid losing momentum and/or intelligent predictions. Unlike an HO team, however, you lack a sweeper, which means that you need to basically be right constantly all game long-Ho teams can set up a sweep and cut the game short, which eases prediction to an extent by just cutting down on the amount of turns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)