BW OU Rate my Stall Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so straight to it.

This team has had a lot of movement. Slowbro, Meganium, Goodra and some other have come and gone. This is what I believe the best I've had.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Pretty obvious about the strat. Toxic, stall with Protect/Wish (or heal another Pokemon). Scald for burning or some STAB damage against some fire/ground/rock. Main focus is physical wall, even when it can wall some special attacks. It Wishes are amazing, pretty much heals completely any member of the team (except Chansey).

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Also a stall but SpeDef oriented. Eviolite raises sky-high it's already high SpeDef. I've no idea where to put the 4evs left. Heal Bell in case my team gets statused. Soft.Boiled and Wish to keep it alive (along with the other Pokemons).

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Heal Bell
- Light Screen
- Morning Sun

A Magic Bouncer/Dual Screens. Pretty much a mixed wall. Brings both screens with self healing and Heal Bell. Keeps status and hazards out of my team.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Recover
- Confuse Ray

The Prankster. Burns those physical attackers. Protect and Recover to keep burning and confusing. Also avoids taking harzads away with Rapid Spin.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Takes care of setting up hazards. Stalls with Leech Seed. Power Whip for those ground Earthquake users.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Another setter-up. Roost for survivability. Whirlwind is great for those that want to have lots of Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Baton Pass, messing up Wishes, etc... has saved lots of battles.

Have to see what the other team has to choose a lead. If there's a lot of physical attackers, then Sableye starts to burn somebody, if I see a Smeargle try to make it Spore itself with Espeon or Whirlwind away if it tries to Baton Pass anything. From there on, it's to survive and find an opening.

Poison what you can, burn what you can, hazard when you can. If anything is too bothersome, Whirlwind away.

Defensewise, the whole team, except maybe Sableye, can hold it on its own. With screens, it can hold on even longer. With Wish support, it can hold on even longer. And with Heal Bell, survivability is looooong.

So here's my team. If you need more explaining, let me know, and I'll do what i can. Thanks:D

Well, i am not much of an experienced player, yet since i play stallish myself, i get your idea. I think the team you put together is good at what it does, yet its really dedicated towards one style of play only, which can backfire at you.

I think you do rely too much on passive damage. I only counted three actually active damagedealing moves, which will make your team fall prey for taunt user such as jellicent or sableye ( just to name some). Also, you are weak to magic bounce and magic guard. I suppose you change some of your sets, so you at least have a surprise hard-hitting move. As an example, both your chansey and espeon are taunt-fodder, so i suggest changing the Heal-bell on your espeon to shadowball, to hit opposing espeon and jellicent for supereffective damage.

Well, i am not much of an experienced player, yet since i play stallish myself, i get your idea. I think the team you put together is good at what it does, yet its really dedicated towards one style of play only, which can backfire at you.

I think you do rely too much on passive damage. I only counted three actually active damagedealing moves, which will make your team fall prey for taunt user such as jellicent or sableye ( just to name some). Also, you are weak to magic bounce and magic guard. I suppose you change some of your sets, so you at least have a surprise hard-hitting move. As an example, both your chansey and espeon are taunt-fodder, so i suggest changing the Heal-bell on your espeon to shadowball, to hit opposing espeon and jellicent for supereffective damage.

I see what you mean. Espeon can't be Taunted, but I see your point. It really requieres a lot of prediction. Even so, I'll change Heal-Bell to ShadowBall, Sableye's Knock-Off hits hard.

Your comment on Magic Guard is straight-on. My actual strategy on those is Whirlwind until it the only one left and make it Struggle.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. I'm going to have to lock this thread due to lack of descriptions. Please PM me once you feel you can update them, and also feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Please read over the rules as well! n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)