Rate my team [NU]

Should I change any pokemon in my team, an who?

• Alomomola

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golurk

• Zangoose

• Tangela

• Throw

• Beheeyem

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, I am new to NU, can anyone help my improve my NU team :toast: (happy toast)

Throh (M) @ Cheri Berry
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 50 Atk / 206 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw
- Ice Punch
- Rest

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 152 Def / 100 SAtk
Lax Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Beheeyem @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

Sorry that I don't have 3 lines to write about everything, I have no idea what to write

Last edited:
Seeing as this is a Gen5 NU RMT, this should go into Gen5 Other Teams. Regardless, this team is solid, but confusing. Specs Charizard 6-0's the entire team just with fire blast or air slash alone, as even Alomomola gets 2HKO'd. Psychic types also easily run through you like cake, especially when Golurk is down, as you literally cannot even touch them. Strong grass types also give you issues as you barely have any checks to them. Another threat is the common flying type, which again you have no switch ins for. Overall, this is an ok team, but serious weaknesses create major flaws in it as a whole. Toxic Spikes also beat your team easily, which is a major issue as they pressure both your offensive and defensive pokemon.

You need to have 3 lines of description for each pokemon, or this will be locked by mods.

In order to better support your sweepers such as Beheeyem and Zangoose, as well as to beat Toxic Spikes, I recommend using Offensive Utility Skuntank over Tangela. Currently I am not seeing the purpose of your current tangela, as this seems to be a more offensive team (Alomomola is ok since a wish passing pivot offers solid support). Instead, by having the ability to absorb toxic spikes, while pursuit trapping all of the common psychic and ghost types, it can eliminate threats for the rest of your pokemon to sweep. A sucker punch will also break down Zard after its switched into rocks, meaning it is no longer a threat.

The next suggestion I would make is to change Throh to Bulk Up Gurdurr. Without many hazards, throh is quite useless, as its phazing shenanigans don't do much damage, and it only becomes a true threat with great defensive support. If you are going to continue using throh, please at least use a Chesto Berry, as Cheri is useless to you. Anyways going back to Gurdurr, it is bulkier via Eviolite than Throh. It has a powerful Mach Punch to screw over faster revenge killers. It has Drain Punch to continuosly heal up. For bulky offensive teams like your own, it is considered a godly pokemon, simply because it packs so much of a punch, yet succeeds in taking hits from threats such as Kangaskhan or Golurk.

Finally, to beat your flying and zard weakness, I suggest changing your Golurk to Utility Golem. It rounds off your team by hitting the entirety of the tier with great STAB EdgeQuake coverage, while setting up rocks reliably via Sturdy. It also gains sucker punch as an advantage, as you have no revenge killers, it is important to stock up on powerful priority to bring down setup sweepers. Birds such as Braviary or Swellow can barely touch Golem, who would under normal circumstances break through the rest of your team.

Minor Changes:
Alomomola: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD, which allows you to switch into Zard better. You lose only about 6% of your physical defense, which is nothing by gaining much better pivoting defenses. Waterfall > Scald because scald interferes with toxic, and cannot touch opposing pokemon, while Waterfall breaks frail substitutes and at least doesn't make Alomomola taunt bait.
Beeheeyem: Recover > Nasty Plot, as beeheeyem is meant to be a special wallbreaker for physically offensive teams rather than a sweeper, due to the offensive nature of the NU metagame.

Cool team, hope this helped!

Skuntank @ Lum Berry / Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SDef / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab / Crunch
- Taunt

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch / Payback

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 HP / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch / Toxic / Roar

Thanks for your help, sorry that I didn't write 3 lines or thing like that, I had nothing to say (and I am not that good at analizing) so I dont really care that mods will close it (I just hoped they won't)
I will replace Throh with Skuntank, I will switch Alomamola to physical attacks, I am really not afraid of Charizard (haven't seen him yet) but my Golurk can stone edge him down easyly that is why I dont think this team is build needs hazard like Golem (if I dont have Throh). But I do want to replace tangela with somthing that can deal with the grass and psychic weakness and can be a sp.wall. Behymeeyem always takes like 55% damage from everything so (if I see a switch with him it is usully good (when I am at full helth to go to Nasty plot to KO almost everything in NU). Last is there a problem that I don't have a sp.sweeper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)