• Gliscor

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • EQ/WaterFall on TauntDos

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Put EQ on MixApe and Waterfall/StoneEdge on Tauntdos

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, I'm fairly new at battling so I need help with my team. I'll post my team and wait for constructive criticism :P

Thanks!!!!

Help me pick between:
Need to decide decide whether or not to keep Skarmory over Gliscor. Gliscor can cover a few of my weaknesses but it lacks a phazing/hazing ability. I will also take other suggestions if you like neither of these pokemon.
I'll really need a Stealth Rocker and a phazer though so these two were the first that came to mind. Donphan's another suggestion but I'd have to consider removing one of it's attacking moves or rapid spin. I also lack Earthquake on a sweeper but I am unsure if I should put it on Gyarados. If I do, I'll be obligated to put on ice Fang for coverage but then I'll lack a good water move. Should I go Earthquake and Waterfall? Or should I put Earthquake on MixApe? Two votes a person, please. Also, I need an opinion on the moveset for Blissey. Ice Beam or Seismic Toss only doesn't seem like it'll work so I'm not sure if I should take out Aromatherapy.

Lead Off

Gyarados@Wacan Berry
Ability - Intimidate
216 HP / 56 Atk / 176 Def / 60 Spe
Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall

-Stone Edge - JohnR011 - Thanks for the help :P
-Taunt

To start things off, we have a typical Bulkados. Except for one thing. He's Jolly :) The reason I put a Wacan Berry instead of leftovers was because of the item clause and also to protect against the 4x weaknesses. My main fear here is Electivire but I can take a ThunderPunch(even without intimidate) and use the turn to dance for the OHKO with Earthquake. The EV spread was supplied by Smogon.

Decent starter, no?

Jolteon@Choice Specs
Ability - Volt Absorb
252 Spe/252 S. Atk/6Hp
Timid
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Wish

Next up is...Jolteon! Okay, looks good with 130 base speed and choice specs. Good coverage with TBolt and HP Ice. Why Wish with the choice item? The idea is simply because they won't see it coming. Wish on a jolt? They won't think that this a special sweeper when they see wish so they'll attempt to boost their stats on a switch-in. They'll be shocked to see this little yellow furball hit with 394 speed and roughly 479 special attack. Not to mention it can heal :P

PorygonZ@Choice Scarf
Ability - Adaptability
252 Spe/252 S. Atk/6 Hp
Modest
-Tri Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam

Next guy up is none other than Porygon-Z. My second and last special sweeper comes complete with Boltbeam and Dark Pulse for coverage. Tri-Attack's a given with his ability, Adaptability which gives it a whopping 160 base attack in unison with it's 405 special attack. Lethal combo with 417 speed, thanks to the scarf.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk, 252 Spe, 232 S. Atk
Nature: Naive
~ Close Combat
~ Flamethrower
~ Grass Knot
~ Earthquake

After many suggestions, MixApe has been chosen over Dragonite. Typical Mixape, here to take out the tanks. Flamethrower for skarmory and steelix (or any other Def tank that thinks he'll be physical) and Close Combat for those who expect he's special. Grass Knot for those bulky waters and grounds. Earthquake because I need it on my team. It doesn't give me away like Nasty Plot.

Okay, time to break out the tanks.

Skarmory@Leftovers
Ability - Keen Eye/Sturdy
252 Hp/ 252 Def/6 S. Def
Impish
-Drill Peck
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

Looks typical yes? The EV spread was provided by Smogon again and it looks like every other Skarm. I prefer stealth rock to spikes because I hate pokemon who can avoid it's damage (pokemon with Levitate, Salamence, etc.). That being said, the other moves are pretty typical. Roar because I was too lazy to breed on a whirlwind. Drill Peck instead of Brave Bird for me because the recoil makes me queasy. Roost can speak for itself.

Last but not least, the other half of the SkarmBliss combination.

Blissey@Leftovers
Ability - Natural Cure
252 Def / 40 S. Atk / 216 S. Def
Bold
-Ice Beam
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave

Again, typical, yes? Cleric Blissey, with EV spread by Smogon. I currently have Seismic Toss on it instead of Ice Beam but I can't decide whether or not to make it Ice Beam (it sounds preferable with T-Wave resisters). Also not sure whether to put toxic or T-Wave on. I don't like to stall. Not much else to say about it because it's moves speak for itself.

Thanks for reading guys. I really need some constructive criticism so feel free to post below. Flame me if you like, I really need help.

Threats I fear: ScarfMence/ScarfChomp/ScarfCross/Metagross

Those are four pokemon I'm worried about for my team so I'd like some suggestions as to how to counter them. I'm also worried about pokemon who have scarves that are faster than my scarfed pokemon.

JohnR011

Ew David
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok, first off, I would suggest using ice fang and earthquake or waterfall and stone edge on your bulkydos to have better coverage. Next, I wouldn't use wish on a choice oriented jolteon - perhaps make it a baton passer? Just a suggestion, but I am not sure that having three of your four sweepers use a choice item will be helpful. Same for dragonite - you should consider giving him dragon dance over brick break and letting him hold a lum/persim/yache berry. You might consider using a spinner to make up for the s.r. weakness but other than that I think it looks fine.

Ok, first off, I would suggest using ice fang and earthquake or waterfall and stone edge on your bulkydos to have better coverage. Next, I wouldn't use wish on a choice oriented jolteon - perhaps make it a baton passer? Just a suggestion, but I am not sure that having three of your four sweepers use a choice item will be helpful. Same for dragonite - you should consider giving him dragon dance over brick break and letting him hold a lum/persim/yache berry. You might consider using a spinner to make up for the s.r. weakness but other than that I think it looks fine.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll take Waterfall + Stone Edge for stab and a rock attack. I've got Ice covered.

The thing with brick break is that I need to cover a fighting move. If I were to change any pokemon, I'd take out dragonite but I wouldn't know what to replace him with. I need a physical bruiser with a fire move. Doesn't need to be scarfed. (Electivire, Infernape,...?) Taking suggestions for that.

As for Jolt, I like him the way he is.

JohnR011

Ew David
A mixed infernape could definitely help you there. He's excellent at taking out walls and would also lower your s.r. weakness

JohnR011

Ew David
In my experience that infernape has always provided the best results. I think it would make a good addition to your team

Okay. A Naive Infernape > Dragonite.

What item should I place on Infernape? A Life Orb sounds reasonable and I can't put anymore leftovers. If I used Infernape, would I be a bit short on physical attacks?

Also, I need to make sure I can use him correctly. Because of his defenses, my goal is to put him in as a revenge killer, trying to an induce a switch while I set up?

JohnR011

Ew David
Possibly, although I am not sure. The only thing I could see that might give you some trouble would be hp electric vaporeon/ tentacruel, but I am not sure how much a close combat from infernape will deal to vaporeon. A sash/expert belt/ life orb are generally the best options although with all of the spikes and sand storms going around, a focus sash probably isn't the best choice.

Expert Belt will suit me well. The main purpose of it will be to take out common tanks. I'll wait for more opinions before I make the edit.

Please help :P MixApe Vs ScarfNite.

Vote Please. Also taking suggestions if you don't like the two mentioned above.

Thanks for the help so far :)

If your going to use a wacan berry on gyara, I would suggest substitute over taunt, allowing you to activate wacan berry easier.So here are the threats yuou've pointed out. ScarfMence/ScarfChomp/ScarfCross/Metagross (I also see a lucario weakness)A scarfmence is'nt to popular. I don't see any reason to fear, since you can wall it most of the time with skarmory. And dragonite can handle the fire types. Scarfchomp is the same thing. But You'll need to rely on gyara's ice fang to kill it.Scarfheracross is a dangerous foe. (read below for solution)Metagross - should be taken down by dragonite no?Lucario - with one sd, it could cause you pain. Overall, I suggest a gliscor, as it can wall all of these pokemon (except metagross with ice punch). I suggest one with Icefang, earthquake, Roost, and stealthrock/taunt over .... skarm?

I'd place toxic over thunderwave; with jolteon and a scarfed porygon (assuming you're not using dragonite), you don't really need to slow your opponents down much

If your going to use a wacan berry on gyara, I would suggest substitute over taunt, allowing you to activate wacan berry easier.So here are the threats yuou've pointed out. ScarfMence/ScarfChomp/ScarfCross/Metagross (I also see a lucario weakness)A scarfmence is'nt to popular. I don't see any reason to fear, since you can wall it most of the time with skarmory. And dragonite can handle the fire types. Scarfchomp is the same thing. But You'll need to rely on gyara's ice fang to kill it.Scarfheracross is a dangerous foe. (read below for solution)Metagross - should be taken down by dragonite no?Lucario - with one sd, it could cause you pain. Overall, I suggest a gliscor, as it can wall all of these pokemon (except metagross with ice punch). I suggest one with Icefang, earthquake, Roost, and stealthrock/taunt over .... skarm?
Wacan berry is a one time effect. One hit and it's gone. It doesn't last so substitute is useless there.

To stay simple, you have too many choiced pokemons. 3 is definitely an overkill. Your inability to break through walls will hurt you severely, considering that stall is once again becoming quite popular. Your only chance of breaking walls is by using your Gyarados, which isn't exactly the best way to do it. Infernape would definitely work better than Dragonite on your team.

Although I would normally suggest Hidden Power: Ice, your inability to defeat Cresselia means that Nasty Plot would work better for you imo. Revenge killing dragons isn't a big deal for you anyway, seeing as you have two fast Hidden Power: Ice/Ice Beam wielders.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 24 Atk, 252 Spe, 232 SpA
~ Close Combat
~ Flamethrower/Fire Blast
~ Grass Knot
~ Nasty Plot

I'd remove Skarmory and replace it with Gliscor as you will be having trouble with Heracross and Garchomp. Your only reliable Heracross counter would be Gyarados but it won't last long without a recovery move. Also while you may argue that Skarmory does a better job at stopping Garchomp, it really isn't even though Skarm and GLiscor are both 2HKO. The moves that do so are different however, Fire Fang can Flinch while Outrage has no secondary ability, asides self confusion. The set is simply Impish and max out HP and Defense.

Good luck with your team.

I'll consider your suggestion for Gliscor. You've put up some good points. The problem with that is I don't have a hazer/phazer.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)