Gen 3 Rate my Team, Please

I just started playing Net Battle and after some help with my fellow players, this is the team I managed to make up:
Crobat (M) @ Choice Band ** Emperor
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Polaris
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers ** Boo!
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP / 76 Def / 176 Spd / 84 SAtk
- Haze
- Hypnosis
- Ice Punch
- Will-O-Wisp

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers ** Rub-a-dub
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Frustration
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Spikinard
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Spd / 228 SDef
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers ** Big Louie
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Counter
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf

Please feel free to flame/add comments on any part of the team you did not like.
Thanks.

Might wanna switch from illuminate to natural cure on Starmie for one...
Also I dont see what HP fire is gonna hit, really. Just go with ice beam for grass types, and recover over psychic.

Curselax EVs should look like
140 HP / 116 Atk / 92 Def / 160 SDef

Also go with thick fat since you will be resting anyway

Gengar isnt really a sturdy hazer. Swampert would be better for this, so maybe try Roar over counter and earthquake over surf. Try Thunderbolt for the new move on Gar

Done
:)
I actually forgot to place the traits before posting. Now, starmie looks like:

Trait: Natural Cure
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

and Swampert:
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Roar

I also replaced Gar's haze for tbolt.

Swampert doesent nearly need so much special attack. I think it only needs 236 special attack to ohko Salamence. Put the free EVs in defense, and take away some HP for defense.

Also, go with relaxed nature for Swampert.

As for Starmie, take away 38 EVs from speed and put it into HP. Those extra EVs wont allow it to outspeed anything else either way, I believe.

I also noticed a lack of a normal/fly resist. Perhaps try Metagross over Crobat?

Use Swampert like this:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Protect / Roar

Also, your normal resist is Gengar but I would add a Rock or Steel Type in place of Crobat. So, like Jizg said, use Metagross > Crobat.

I just started playing Net Battle and after some help with my fellow players, this is the team I managed to make up:

Crobat (M) @ Choice Band ** Emperor
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Trait: Illuminate
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

starmie really doesn't need to attack so much. perhaps rapid spin and recover or hp fire and psychic. get something like bold or modest. speed only needs to be at most 335 or so imo

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers ** Boo!
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP / 76 Def / 176 Spd / 84 SAtk
- Haze
- Hypnosis
- Ice Punch
- Will-O-Wisp

weird set

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers ** Rub-a-dub
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Frustration
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

use careful or adamant nature instead.

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Spikinard
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Spd / 228 SDef
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

if you're going to use this as a sort of special wall, calm would be a better nature.
max hp too

- Counter
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf

Please feel free to flame/add comments on any part of the team you did not like.
Thanks.

Honestly, you might be better off with a Sleep Talking Magneton over Zapdos, as that opens the room up for Crobat to do more damage, since Skarmory is out the picture and you can always trap Metagross once its at like 60%. Also gives Snorlax an easier time imo.

Now, as for Snorlax, if you're boosting it's Defense then it shouldn't need too much Defensive EVs, it only needs very few TBH.

You might find yourself better off using something like Destiny Bond or another attack over Haze, as you're not going to survive anything you're hazing, example: Curselax, DDTar, CMRaikou.

Starmie seems to be dead bait imo, it doesn't really help your team in anyway, however using something interesting like Omastar could work if you wanna get creative. =] It resists normal, can spikes, and has better special than Starmie, although not as fast, but Gengar should help with the speed issue.

Also Swampert should be more defensive, cause you're probably better off with your Def and SpAtk stats switched.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
curselax should have no more than 200 defense to start off with. you need much more into SpDef-around a 300 stat at least.

As Aeroblacktyl said, Swampert needs to be more defensive as well. Relaxed nature for sure. HP and Defense are the two stats that are most important for Swampert, with only a bit into SpAtk to ensure a OHKO with Ice Beam on Salamence.

a double status gengar WITH Haze is quite strange. You're limiting Gengar in what he can do. Gengar is too devastatingly versatile to pigeonhole it into supporting like that. It can explode, it can perish trap, it can special attack really well.

despite starmie's frailty, I'd still like to see Recover on it. Or maybe dump it all together. HP Fire is just dumb-not every pokemon is supposed to cover all of its weaknesses. most of the popular grasses (i.e. Venusaur specifically) are weak to Psychic anyway due to its Poison typing.

the pokemon are all fine, it's just that the ev's need work, and some of the sets are a bit strange. this team really lacks defense. crobat, starmie, and gengar are all defensively frail, and due to swampert's ev spread, you really have no defensive wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)