XY OU Rate My Team: The Immortal Quagsire (Doubles)

Team Alpha or Team Omega?

• Total voters
So I thought of this evil strat about a week ago. I started plotting and eventually came up with a team that has won me multiple battles. So let's get into this! Oh, and while reading, keep in mind the fact that this is a doubles team.

Immortal (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch
- Stockpile
- Waterfall

This is basically a bulky physical Quagsire set which the whole team is centered around supporting. Leftovers are a damn near necessity for Quagsire, so the item choice is self-explanatory. Earthquake and Waterfall are just standard STAB moves, with Waterfall there to have better coverage against Pokémon like Togekiss. Power-Up Punch is used to further strengthen the almighty Immortal, raising its Attack while still dealing damage. Stockpile can be used to raise Quagsire's subpar Special Defense and allow it to take physical hits even better than it did. As for abilities, it doesn't really matter because of the next Pokémon:

Chomp (Girafarig) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Charge Beam
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

This and the Quagsire are my (mandatory) leads for the battle. The Girafarig's main selling point is the Choice Scarf Skill Swap. Notice that it has Sap Sipper. So the way the battle starts is this thing swaps Sap Sipper onto Immortal, essentially giving it no weaknesses. Afterwards, the Girafarig is pretty much useless unless switched out because, since the Quagsire is a boosting set, we don't want to give anything Unaware.

Swaps (Klefki) @ Iron Ball
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Switcheroo
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

At first glance, this Klefki may not seem like anything special. But closer examination reveals that devious priority Switcheroo Iron Ball. This is basically for any Flying types, Pokémon with Levitate or even a Pokémon who I want to give a pretty much useless item. And before you get angry in the replies about the other moves, let me say three things:
1. I like Prankster
2. ParaFusion+SwagPlay=fun
3. Swagger is NOT banned in Doubles

Psycat (Meowstic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Safeguard
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Here we have another support Prankster Pokémon. Safeguard is in place to (surprise, surprise) prevent status conditions from hindering the Immortal Quagsire. Light Screen is there to further boost its Quagsire's not so great Special Defense stat. Thunder Wave is in place to cripple the opponent and make it so Immortal at least has a CHANCE of outspeeding them (according to the Teambuilder, its Speed stat is 95). And of course, Psyshock is STAB.

Sinishadow (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

This Gengar is helpful in taking out the physical walls that can take hits from Quagsire. Will-O-Wisp is used to weaken any physical attackers including...*sigh*...Anger Point Tauros (which I have run into before). I originally had Haze in its place, but I learned the hard way that Haze also resets your ally's stats. And the other three moves are just solid attacking moves: Dazzling Gleam for Dark types and Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb being STAB.

Stank (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

Like the Gengar, this is a safe switch for Quagsire's Earthquake. Pain Split can increase Weezing's longevity, but also to heal Quagsire if Quagsire is on low health and Weezing has much higher health. Flamethrower is on this set to damage any Steel types not named Heatran that it couldn't touch otherwise. Clear Smog is a replacement for Gengar's Haze, except that this also does damage and won't reset Immortal's stats. And pardon me for being repetitive, but Sludge Bomb is STAB.

So yeah! That's basically it. If you have any suggestions, send me a reply. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go beat somebody with an Immortal Quagsire.

Hey dude! I really liked this team—it must be a lot of fun to use. The one thing I saw your team really needed is a true cleric. My nomination is Gardevoir, for many reasons. (this should replace weezing.)

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Telepathy
Shiny: Yes
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lucky Chant
- Heal Pulse
- Heal Bell
- Confuse Ray

From the top:

Leftovers for recovery
Defense EVs because the majority of attacks are physical in this meta
Bold to boost defense
0 Atk Ivs so foul play does less damage
Lucky chant to prevent crits, which really screw quag.
Heal pulse to restore quag
Heal bell to remove status
Confuse ray to buy time

Good luck with this team, and have fun! (Also, can I use this please? I understand if you want it for yourself, tho. :b)

Hey dude! I really liked this team—it must be a lot of fun to use. The one thing I saw your team really needed is a true cleric. My nomination is Gardevoir, for many reasons. (this should replace weezing.)

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Telepathy
Shiny: Yes
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lucky Chant
- Heal Pulse
- Heal Bell
- Confuse Ray

From the top:

Leftovers for recovery
Defense EVs because the majority of attacks are physical in this meta
Bold to boost defense
0 Atk Ivs so foul play does less damage
Lucky chant to prevent crits, which really screw quag.
Heal pulse to restore quag
Heal bell to remove status
Confuse ray to buy time

Good luck with this team, and have fun! (Also, can I use this please? I understand if you want it for yourself, tho. :b)

Ya know, this actually sounds pretty good. I'm not sure if I'll use it, because Anger Point Tauros is a thing in doubles, and Clear Smog can reset that attack, but I'll consider it! As for you using it, I don't see why not! But if anyone asks where you got it from, tell them it's my strategy :D

Ya know, this actually sounds pretty good. I'm not sure if I'll use it, because Anger Point Tauros is a thing in doubles, and Clear Smog can reset that attack, but I'll consider it! As for you using it, I don't see why not! But if anyone asks where you got it from, tell them it's my strategy :D
EDIT: I made a new team and copied the Gardevoir onto it, but used everything else besides the Weezing. I haven't used it that much yet :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)