1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Gen 3 Rate My Team

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by RedHawk, Mar 14, 2007.

1. RedHawk

RedHawk

Rate my team please. They're all pretty standard, so I'm not really asking for a huge amount of moveset advice. However, if theres something I should change, please tell me. EV advice would be great too. However, I'm really looking for comments/suggestions on the team itself. Glaring weaknesses that i've overlooked, who should be replaced and by whom, ect.
    Here it is:

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Rock Slide

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 216 Atk / 176 Spd / 116 SAtk
    Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Explosion
    - Ice Punch
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Thunderbolt

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Fire Blast
    - Haze
    - Pain Split
    - Sludge Bomb

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Effect Spore
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Focus Punch
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Spore

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 16 Spd / 104 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Thunder
    - Wish

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 160 HP / 128 Atk / 44 Def / 1 Spd / 1 SAtk / 176 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Return

Changed Added!

Help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Great Sage

Great Sage

You have no true counter to Salamence or Flygon; use a bulky water over Breloom or Jirachi or something. Swampert also gives you a hell of a time, especially if Breloom has already Spored something else. A bulky water other than Swampert will beat Perts as well.
  3. rtc3

rtc3

K, I'll just add on to what GS said:

IMO, Gar shouldn't lead, as he has trouble with the more common starters (Zappy, Tar, etc) Lead with Aero.

You should give Weezing Pain Split and WoW over Explosion and FB/SB, since an attacking Hazer Weezing doesn't really do much.

Personally, I would go with HP Rock/Ghost over LS on Breloom, but that's just me. Also, either max HP or Spd along with Atk.

You have a bit of a CBtar problem (your only somewhat reliable counter is Jira), so put Pert over Breloom or something. Gyarados also has a potential of sweeping, and Aero isn't gonna hold him off forever, so I'd put Zappy there somewhere.
  4. magtrio

magtrio

lol'd at someone saying haze weezing fails.
  5. Muchabi

Muchabi

More defense on Snorlax I think, really makes a difference after a few curses. The special defense really doesn't need to be that high, it matters only a few percentages.

And yes lots of us hate curselax lol.
  6. MythTrainerInfinity

MythTrainerInfinity

Give that Gengar a load of HP too if you want it's Subs to survive Blissey's beems. Relying on hax and for Thunder to actually hit is quite risky.

70% * 48% = 33.6% of para something with Thunder in one turn.

20% with Tbolt. 13.6% is not exactly that big of difference, so you might consider that.

If you want lax to have both EQ and Shadow Ball give it Belly Drum. I tried it for awhile, a bit novelty, but it hits like none other.
  7. magtrio

magtrio

erm, lol.
    no stab snorlax is fail. not curselax in general.
  8. Mekkah

Mekkah watashi wa kirai every single one of you kisamas
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I don't know what MythTrainerInfinity is coming from, but Thunder only has a 30% para rate. 0.7 * 0.3 = 0.21, so 21% chance to paralyze with Thunder in one turn. You must've been confusing it with Static Raichu or something. Thunderbolt has a 10% paralysis rate per turn.

Also if you want to combine the merits of Earthquake and Shadow Ball, use a Fire move. It will hit Skarmory as well. You'll have more Tyranitar trouble though, but that's what Breloom is for - who could use Mach Punch by the way, because Reversal Blaziken sweeps your team.
  9. arielby

arielby

Jirachi ability is Serence Garace,meaning all effects are doubled
    30*2*.7=60*.7=42% Para in turn (24% diff)
  10. MythTrainerInfinity

MythTrainerInfinity

My apologies I got the numbers mixed up.
  11. RedHawk

RedHawk

Alright, so I made some changes in accordance with some suggestions. I'm not sure about my Gengar set though. Also, I'm still not sure what to do about Breloom. The set I had (subseeder/spore/fpunch) was working very well when I set up properly, but I'll test out my new one. Also, I'm not sure where to put in a bulky water. More suggestions please.
  12. gosam6

gosam6

Why does Gengar have so many Special attack moves its so low give it more attack moves

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)