Gen 1 Rate My Team

Ah its been years since I've played the RBY Games. Well time to take a trip down memory lane with a Rate My Team.

Gengar
~ Hypnosis
~ Explosion
~ Thunderbolt
~ Mega Drain

My favorite Poke'mon ever. Make the first Pokemon G.T.S( GO 2 SLEEP) with Hypnosis, Thunderbolt rules, Mega Drain for Rhydon and Golem, and Explosion when Gengar is done.

Rhydon
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Substitute
~ Body Slam

Body Slam to paralyize some Poke'mon, Earthquake and Rock Slide are killer Stab moves, and Substitute to scout.

Chansey
~ Softboiled
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Thunder Wave

Chansey! who ever thought it would get an Evoultion later on to make it even better. Chansey takes Special Hits like nothing! Softboiled to instant recover, BoltBeam duh!, and Thunder Wave.

Persian
~ Slash
~ Bubblebeam
~ Hyper Beam
~ Thunderbolt

Ah kitty kats. Slash and Hyper Beam is take advantage of Persian's high Critical Hit Rate, Bubblebeam is to take out Rhydon and Golem, and Thunderbolt is to take on everything else.

Slowbro
~ Amnesia
~ Surf
~ Thunder Wave
~ Rest

TobyBro. Thunder Wave as much as the opponent's team as possible(excluding Chansey.), Amnesia to raise Slowbro's Special Stat, and Rest to heal.

Zapdos
~ Thunderbolt
~ Drll Peck
~ Thunder Wave
~ Mimic

Zapdos is only good when Rhydon / Golem have been removed after that Zappy is one helluva late game sweeper. Thunderbolt and Drill Peck for Stab, Thunder Wave to paralyize Poke'mon, and Mimic because Zapdos movepool is limited.

In my opinion, Seismic Toss is better than Mega Drain on Gengar because it actually hurts Exeggutor a common switch in on Gengar. Personally, I would use Screech over Thunderbolt on Persian because its cool to Screech and predict their Golem / Rhydon switch to Bubblebeam; Thunderbolt's only real use is for Cloyster. Nothing much to say about this team because this is RBY and you're using a standard team. Also, a second sleeper wouldn't hurt. Try using either Exeggutor or even Tangela over Zapdos to help with that ground resistance too.

Gengar
~ Hypnosis
~ Explosion
~ Thunderbolt
~ Mega Drain

My favorite Poke'mon ever. Make the first Pokemon G.T.S( GO 2 SLEEP) with Hypnosis, Thunderbolt rules, Mega Drain for Rhydon and Golem, and Explosion when Gengar is done.

Rhydon
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Substitute
~ Body Slam

Body Slam to paralyize some Poke'mon, Earthquake and Rock Slide are killer Stab moves, and Substitute to scout.

Chansey
~ Softboiled
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Thunder Wave

Chansey! who ever thought it would get an Evoultion later on to make it even better. Chansey takes Special Hits like nothing! Softboiled to instant recover, BoltBeam duh!, and Thunder Wave.

Persian
~ Slash
~ Bubblebeam
~ Hyper Beam
~ Screech

Ah kitty kats. Slash and Hyper Beam is take advantage of Persian's high Critical Hit Rate, Bubblebeam is to take out Rhydon and Golem, and Screech Poke'mon on the switch.

Slowbro
~ Amnesia
~ Surf
~ Thunder Wave
~ Rest

TobyBro. Thunder Wave as much as the opponent's team as possible(excluding Chansey.), Amnesia to raise Slowbro's Special Stat, and Rest to heal.

Exeggutor
~Sleep Powder
~Psychic
~Mega Drain
~Explosion

Usually this Exeggutor would be a lead. but it don't hurt to have another sleeper. Sleep Powder to duh put stuff to sleep, Psychi and Mega Drain for Stab, and Explosion because its awesome!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if Zapdos -> Eggy is a good idea, because that just compounded the problem of Chansey walling you. It would make more sense to put it over Slowbro / Gengar. Personally, I'll take out Gengar, since Exeggutor fills a very similar niche as Gengar does. I mean look at their moves...Mega Drain, Sleep Powder / Hypnosis, Explosion. Gengar counters Persian, Victreebel, Venusaur, and Dragonite. Eggy and Zapdos both counter the Grasses; Slowbro, Eggy, and Zapdos all counters Persian; and Slowbro and Chansey deals with Dragonite, depending on its moves (Hyper Beam + Blizzard or Blizzard + Tbolt). Your team also deals well with Normals without Gengar.

Normal Immunity, I admit, is a nice advantage. In that case, I would remove Slowbro for Exeggutor. You would then definitely want to add S-Toss over Thunderbolt. Most switch-ins to Gengar are Golem, Exeggutor, or Alakazam anyways that usually doesn't take bull from an unstabbed Tbolt anyways. You have enough T-bolts going in your team with Zapdos and Chansey, and Gengar needs Mega Drain to deal with Grounds walling Zapdos. I'd advise adding Stun Spore somewhere in Eggy's moveset, because it's taking over Slowbro's place, and your team needs par support.

Agility, Rest, Reflect, or even Light Screen may be preferred alternatives over Mimic. The most likely switch-ins to Zapdos are Golem / Rhydon, which should still beat Zapdos, even after a Mimicked EQ, unless they are very weak. The best move then would be to go to Eggy / Bro / Persian. The turn to Mimic a Softboiled or Ice Beam from Chansey, is risking being paralyzed or severed by Ice beam; You'll much rather be killing it rather than providing it some leverage to screw your Zapdos and switch out.

The four alternative moves enhance Zapdos' fighting chance after the grounds are eliminated, which is probably more appropriate.

EDIT: Actually, the revised team based on Ace777's advice is not bad in setting up Slowbro. Gengar and Eggy deals well with Razor Leafers (although Zapdos does this better than Gengar), and they could both Explode on Chansey and Starmie that'll knock down Slowbro with ch T-bolts. If the Explosion didn't take them out, you have Persian and Rhydon as a back up. Eggy also provides extra defense against Electric Types. Gengar's Normal Immunity, Mega Drain and Exeggutor's ground resistance help with Golem or Snorlax exploding on Slowbro. If Eggy has Stun Spore > Mega Drain, par support would ease and Slowbro could then have Reflect > T-Wave to make him a real tank that isn't crippled by an Explosion. Here, too, you want SToss Gengar to wear down Exeggutor that your team dislikes without Zapdos. Mega Drain on Gengar isn't too necessary, since the rest of your team have no problem dealing with Grounds.

Zapdos is still a priceless sweeper that I wouldn't want to be replaced, however, and it fits this team well, if it wasn't for its Rhydon / Golem weakness that would inevitably force Slowbro to absorb hits. Zapdos, Slowbro, and Exeggutor still works; Even after Eggy blows up, Slowbro still provides coverage for Grounds. Additionally, Zapdos would lure the grounds, providing Slowbro a free turn. If ground is eliminated, Zapdos reigns the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)