Rate my Trick Room Team!

So here's the deal. Throughout my entire Pokemon life (lol), I've always liked to use strategies that no one else used, and used them very successfully. I used a Chandelure-oriented TCG deck for a very long time, sweeping aside the common Mewtwo, or other popular decks. But back to the games. I believe that a trick room team will work wonders in X/Y. It won't be common like weather teams, but there will be a few users. This will not be an Ubers team. I've been thinking this up, yet to decide fully though. Looking for some suggestions. Here it is!

1.) Suicido Smeargle/Focus Sash

Nature: Doesn't matter

IV's: 0 Speed, rest doesn't matter

EV's: 0 Speed, rest doesn't matter.

Moveset: Spore, Trick Room, Endeavor, Dragon Rage/Priority Attack

Trick room because, well, this is a trick room team, need I say more? Focus sash to be (almost) guaranteed a trick room. Endeavor is for after trick room is set, if the opponent attacked you and you have 1 HP left, you're (almost) guaranteed to go first under it and can use Endeavor to cripple them, bringing them down to 1HP. If you're still somehow not dead, go ahead and Dragon Rage.

NOTE: I at first thought of Klefki, but now I’m thinking otherwise. Because TR teams are heavily offensive, I really don’t think I need guys like Klefki or entry hazards. I’m thinking of a few more guys and need some suggestions on who it should be. I’m putting Klefki and Mega Mawile on this list and need to choose one of them OR another pokemon to take it’s place.

2.) Mega Mawile/ Life Orb

Ability: Huge Power

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Spdef

Brave Nature

-Swords Dance

-Rough Play

-Sucker Punch

-Iron Head

OR

2.) Suicido Klefki/Focus Sash/Mental herb

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SDef

Relaxed Nature

- Imprison

- Draining Kiss / Toxic

- Spikes

- Foul Play

Guaranteed two layers of spikes, Imprison to prevent or prolong Spikes on your team, Draining Kiss to possibly recover HP to keep the sash up OR Toxic to cripple, and Foul Play to stop some setups.

3.) Attacker Reuniclus/ Life Orb

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SPa / 4 Def

Quiet Nature

-Trick Room

-Substitute

-Psychic/Psyshock

-Focus Blast

Trick room because it's a trick room team... Substitute to live longer if trick room isn't up, Psychic/Psyshock for a powerful STAB, and Focus Blast to deal with this teams Dark weakness.

4.) Attacker Cofagrigus/ Leftovers

Ability: Mummy

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

IVs: 2 Spe

Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)

- Trick Room

- Nasty Plot

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power Fighting

Cofagrigus is a great bulky setter. It carries Nasty Plot to set up prior to using Trick Room, and it is able to rip into the opponent with perfect coverage. It perfectly fits the role of Trick Room user and sweeper in just one Pokemon.

5.) Attacker Conkeldurr/ Burn Orb

Ability: Guts

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 SPdef

IVs: 0 Speed

Nature: Brave

-Mach Punch

-Ice Punch

-Drain Punch

-Stone Edge

Conkeldurr is just a beast. With burn orb on, his attack is boosted even higher, and his terrible speed means he'll be going first under trick room. Mach Punch is used as a finisher/last attack, Ice Punch for all the popular pokemon with an Ice weakness, Drain Punch to recover health, and Stone Edge, because, well, most pokemon won't be smiling after getting hit by one of those things, especially by a Conkeldurr with boosted attack.

6.) Last Resort Aegislash/ Leftovers/Life Orb

Ability: Stance Change

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Def

IVs: 0 Speed

Nature: Brave

-Kings Shield

-Swords Dance

-Sacred Sword

-Shadow Sneak/Gyro Ball

I've saved the best for last. Aegislash is a last resort really. If your others are all dead and dying, you send this guy out. Kind of a surprise move. His 150 base defenses, 400+ defenses, few weaknesses, many resistances, and multiple immunities will allow you to really tank while you set up Swords Dances. Plus another thing, believe it or not, but this guy can be better going last. Of course he's usually better first (like all pokemon), but can manage from last. After your swords dances are set up, use a Sacred Sword or Shadow Sneak/Gyro Ball to do a ton of damage. This will change him into Blade Forme where his defenses are terrible, but since you went second then your opponent hit you before you changed. Now you can finish with Shadow Sneak if you have it, or use Kings Shield as a free protect, while switching back into shield form, AND possibly lowering the opponents attack stat by 2 or 3 stages. I'm really debating Shadow Sneak or Gyro Ball here. I'm not sure if I'll need Shadow Sneak since they will very rarely be able to hit me when I'm on Blade Form, and it's not very powerful. Gyro Ball is another attacking option, can do massive damage (Aegislash is pathetically slow and most people use fast pokemon, except me :D), AND has a STAB. I'm thinking Gyro Ball, but I've yet to test it out.

So there it is, my team, kinda. I'm still looking for any suggestions, so if you think something could be better, go ahead and tell me and I'll take it into consideration, thanks all :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)