Rate my UU team!

My first post here!
So, made a UU team. I concentrated on having my Pokemon's weaknesses covered: no more than 2 Pokemon can share a weakness, and that weakness is covered by at LEAST one Pokemon. Anyway, it's not perfect, hopefully, I can get some suggestions.

Crobat (M) @ Black Sludge

Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

My lead. Crobat plays a vital role on my team, having resistance to Fighting, Bug and Grass which protect Sharpedo, Rotom-C and Porygon2, and an Immunity to ground, which Protects my buddy Chandelure. Taunt is to stop the opposing Pokemon from setting up on me, or set up any hazards on my side of the team. Roost heals off any damage that I might have taken, like the Recoil from Brave Bird. Brave Bird is Crobat's best Physical Flying move, and provides nice damage. Recoil can be easily healed off by Roost later on. U-turn allows me to switch out on stuff I can't handle and scout. Ice and Psychic moves aimed at Crobat go to Bronzong or Sharpedo, and Electric moves go to Rotom-C. Rock moves can also go to Bronzong.

Bronzong @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

It's resistances to Rock, Ice, and Psychic helps Chandelure, Crobat, and Rotom-C. Levitate also helps with Chandelure's Ground weakness. Gyro Ball is my main STAB, and since Bronzong is so slow, as well as Relaxed + 0 IVs invested in Speed, it works well. Earthquake is for Steels and Fire types that come in to resist Gyro Ball. Toxic Badly Poisons any walls and bulky Pokemon, and says "Screw you, Mew" because Synchronize won't be able to Poison me. Stealth Rock lets me have some hazrds up, and cripples Fire types that want to switch in on this guy. Fire moves can go to Chandelure and Sharpedo. Also my Physical Wall; it takes Physical hits very easily.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Specs and Max Special Attack turns this guy into a monster. If I get Flash Fire boosts from taking Fire moves for Bronzong or Rotom-C, Fire Blast takes a huge chunk of the opponent's HP, even from Pokemon that resist it. Fighting moves are useless against this guy, helpful for Porygon2. Shadow Ball is STAB that hits neutral Pokemon hard, and other Chandelure. Fire Blast is another powerful STAB. When it gets a Flash Fire boost, it will hit anything really hard, even Pokemon who resist it. Energy Ball is good coverage that hits Swampert for x4 damage. Hidden Power [Fighting] hits Dark types and Normal types that try to come in to take a Shadow Ball. He is also my Spinblocker. Also should be obvious that he's a special sweeper. Rock moves go to Bronzong, Water moves go to Rotom-C and Sharpedo, Ghost goes to Porygon2, and Ground to Crobat/Bronzong/Rotom-C.

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Levitate
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Levitate helps Chandelure, x4 resistance to Electric helps Crobat and Sharpedo, and Grass moves go to this guy..for Sharpedo. Volt Switch is STAB and helps me scout. Leaf Storm is also a hard hitting STAB, but mostly forces my to switch at the next turn. Trick allows me to cripple walls by Scarfing them. I end up outspeeding the walls afterward, so..who cares? :D Hidden Power [Fire] aloows me to hit Ice types and Steel types for Super effective Damage. I prefer Modest Scarf, but if a valid reason comes up that a Timid Scarf is necessary, I'll change. Ice moves go to Chandelure, Bronzong, or Sharpedo, Fire moves go to Chandelure, and Bug moves go to Crobat or Chandelure.

Sharpedo (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Earthquake / Ice Fang

I really needed a Physical Pokemon that could hit hard without boosting, and Sharpedo fit perfectly, as I needed water coverage. It's Dark type helps Crobat's Psychic weakness, and Water typing helps Crobat and Rotom-C with their Ice weakness. Waterfall is STAB that hits really hard thanks to Life Orb. Crunch is STAB, and once again, gets Life Orb boost. Protect allows me to get a free Speed Boost in, allowing me to outspeed. I'm having trouble in deciding between these two moves, however. Earthquake hits Electric types, while Ice Fang hits Grass for super effective damage. Electric and Grass moves aimed at her will go to Rotom-C, and Fighting and Bug moves go to Chandelure/Crobat.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite

Trait: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack

I seriously needed a wall of some sort; Porygon2 easily performs this role. Max HP with Eviolite make it bulky, and Max SAtk helps it hit hard. It takes Ghost moves for Chandelure. Recover allows me to survive longer, therefore taking hits longer. Ice Beam forms the first part of my Bolt Beam coverage, and Thunderbolt finishes it off, providing some neutral coverage. Tri Attack is good STAB that has a chance to freeze, paralyze, or burn. Fighting moves aimed at it will go to Chandelure.

Have you considered scarfing the Chandelure? It's special attack + EVs is already enough to OHKO most things that aren't special walls, and that speed can turn a crappy situation into a win.

The most obvious issue that will more than likely murder your team is a Kingdra carrying the obvious Surf paired with an Ice Beam. Crobat, Chandelure, Rotom, and Porygon are in no way able to take any hits at all, Bronzong doesn't resist a STAB Surf, and Sharpedo doesn't really have much in terms of dragon type moves, which a Kingdra will always be carrying, whether it be Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse. Also, it brings with it no weaknesses to any moves your team carries. It might be an issue.

On top of Kingdra, Flygon with Fire Punch also murders your team. Porygon MIGHT be a counter to it if Flygons weren't so fast. And unless you plan on packing Ice Fang with Sharpedo after using death fodder and protect, you most likely have nothing to stop it as well.

The counter to both these things? Oddly enough, Kingdra. Give it an ice beam, draco meteor, surf, and something else. Invest in a speedy nature with speed and special attack EVs, specs it, and watch the OHKO's roll in. Now of course, this eliminates the need for Sharpedo and probably your Chandelure, but toss in an Arcanine and suddenly your problems are solved.

Kingdra is a sweet choice, after looking at it. I'll test it.

Kingdra (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Sniper
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extremespeed
- Close Combat

Are they good?

I would use Trace on Porygon2, as opposing Chandelure are a serious threat to your team whereas Trace Porygon2 walls it completely save for a Specs Hidden Power Fighting.

If I were you, I would go off what Cesterp said about needing a Kingdra counter with your Pokemon being on the frailer side. Except don't necessarily try to counter Kingdra, but instead I would get a more bulkier offensive threat just to use generally and not specifically. (I.e. Honchkrow, Arcanine, Hitmontop, Togekiss, just to bulk up your team) Good luck out there and I hope this helps!

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Actually you shoulf swap Sharpedo for DD Kingdra as it is much stronger and can heal up with chestorest also make your Chandy an Expert Belt set so youxan fake a Specs and surprise the opponent. I wobt write any sets now because oøim on my phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)