Gen 3 Rate the Team!

If these movesets look similar to something on Smogon, that's because they're pretty much the Smogon movesets. I use this on Netbattle to a good degree of success and have a lot of fun playing it.

Gyarados: Adamant, Choice Band
Earthquake
Fireblast
HP Flying
Double Edge

This guy leads off... I find no one expects CB Gyarados at all. I can usually get a kill from him.

Blaziken: Adamant, Leftovers
Rock Slide
Overheat
Sky Uppercut
Swords Dance

I needed a Blissey/Tyranitar counter, and also a forretress/skarmory counter. All in one!

Umbreon: Bold, Leftovers
Taunt
Baton Pass
Mean Look
Wish

This is the chaosbreon who passes to...

Celebi: Bold, Leftovers
Recover
Protect
Perish Song
Heal Bell

Here I clear up status affectors and the like, as well as perish song those mean-look trapped baddies

Jolteon: Modest, Leftovers
Substitute
Hidden Power Grass
Baton Pass
Thunderbolt

This is my special sweeper, with a counter to swampert (which I run into... alot) switch ins.

Dugtrio: Adamant, Choice Band
Earthquake
HP Bug
Ariel Ace (how does a mole learn this?)
Rock Slide

Imagine this... the first turn passes on the Perish Song. No big deal right? Celebi doesn't learn Mean Look, so you might as well get something in. All of a sudden I switch to Dugtrio and you're arena trapped for a turn, taking out your prescious pokemon! What's especially nasty about this is trapping their jolteon, or making them think that Celebi is useless now that Umbreon's fainted. Guess again! I can usually get a kill out of this via perish song, and a kill via earthquake. 2 for 1 is awesome!

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're going to trap with Umbreon, you might as well use DD Gyarados. Trap-pass to Jolteon counters Skarmory anyway. Team has huge Aerodactyl issues and just taking physical hits in general. If you're going for some kind of sweeper team, hit harder, hit faster, use a wide variety of offensive moves and stat enhancements. If you want Perishtrappassing to work, you're going to have to cover a few more things defensively.

Another note, Celebi doesn't need protect when it can simply Recover stall. It's better off with something like Reflect/Light Screen/Psychic/HP Grass in that slot.

I'm not sure about this but I recommend a water type for your Gyara. Something like Surf,Ice Beam,Earthquake and HP Flying. Not exactly sure about the I-Beam too and I also recommend doing something instead of D-Edge. Doesn't really help.

Almost 3 defensive/stalls don't really help. One is okay. Maybe get rid of Celebi and get something that can sweep really well like Vileplume, Raichu, Plusle, Minun, Menectric, etc.

Overall, I like your team!

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
What an awesome rate by Time Phantom.

Anyway, the poster should post the EV Spreads >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)