SM OU Rate This Please?

Recently, I decided to pickup Pokemon Showdown and try out the OU tier with this team I created. I've had above average success with it. However, I'm not entirely sure on whether or not the team itself is good. Thus, that's why I'm here. I picked some of my favorites, but I tried to make them at least somewhat viable.
I apologize in advance if this team isn't good. I'd prefer not to waste everybody's time.
Well then, this is my team:

Generation 7 OU Team:
upload_2017-7-16_15-35-50.png

Erureido (Gallade-Mega) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut
Obviously, since this is my mega, my team is based around Mega-Gallade. With his Jolly nature and his above average speed, he is able to attack first against a considerable number of Pokemon. Swords Dance raises his absurd attack to even higher levels, and Close Combat is a powerful move as it is. As for Ice Punch, it works well against Flying types and Psycho Cut is just a strong STAB move. However, he does have some weaknesses. Notably, the fact that Close Combat lowers his Defense and Special Defense means that even any decently strong attack can KO it after this move is performed. All in all, Mega-Gallade is a fast sweeper that can keep up momentum until something can stop it in it's tracks.

Kirikizan (Bisharp) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Metal Burst
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
Okay, this already looks like a very odd set, doesn't it? Hear me out. This Bisharp serves generally one purpose and one purpose only. I've noticed that my team doesn't do well against some notable threats like both Mega-Charizards and some other notable threats. Bisharp is meant to take one notable-threat down if any other Pokemon is unable to handle it. With Focus Sash, it can take one super-effective hit and still stand, usually with 1 HP. With that, it can unleash Metal Burst instantly strike anything down. While it is rather odd for a Bisharp to serve this purpose (I've never seen it before at least), it has done wonders for me in battle. Granted, there is one vital flaw in this. If I don't send it out first, and Stealth Rocks or something of a similar vein is sent out before Bisharp, then they will break the Focus Sash, thus reducing the chances of this strategy working immensely. In addition, if Bisharp is fast enough to move first, then this set falls apart. Overall, despite the glaring flaws of this set, it has still managed to somehow thrive in almost any match it enters.

Manyula (Weavile) @ Icium Z
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Throat Chop
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
With Weavile, I didn't try to do anything fancy, just do what Weavile does best which is attacking at a fast pace. Throat Chop is simply a STAB Dark move. Icicle Crash is relatively strong and has a chance to flinch, plus the Icium Z on top of it can even finish off some foes with just neutral damage. Ice Shard can finish off any foes that survived any of Weavile's hits, or are already weakened by my other Pokemon. Lastly, Brick Break can deal at least some damage to Steel or Rock foes, even if it's not STAB. As for the weaknesses, Weavile is still vulnerable to Fire and Fighting moves. All in all, Weavile is a rather capable speedy sweeper that can deal with some notable threats like Dragonite and anything else that can't defend from a strong Ice-type attack.

Mukuhawk (Otherwise Known as Bird Bomb) (Staraptor) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Pursuit
- U-turn
I'm not sure what I was thinking of when making this set, but it's proven to be useful. Brave Bird is a very strong STAB move which becomes even stronger after Reckless. Close Combat can generally be used against things like Ferrothorn since it takes neutral damage and Tyranitar since Rock-types are a threat to Staraptor. Furthermore, if a Pokemon decides to switch out against Staraptor, Pursuit can deal some damage, even if it's not much. Lastly, U-Turn can get Staraptor out of sticky situations assuming it can do so fast enough. That leads into the weaknesses. The main flaw is that Staraptor has average speed even with a Jolly nature. While it can beat out a decent amount of opponents, some threats like Mega Manectric won't let it get away. In general, fast electric types can demolish Staraptor without trouble. Luckily, that's why we have...

Masked Grass (Such Cool Name. Much Coolness) (Roserade) @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Poison Point
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic Spikes
(Insert Laugh Track After Name)
Anyways, Masked Grass is meant to resist types that my other Pokemon have trouble dealing with, notably electric types. Giga Drain deals considerable damage even against neutral threats and restores health too. Sludge Bomb can scare away Fairy-Types and even have a chance at poisoning. Shadow Ball can fend off some Psychic-Types and Toxic Spikes can chip away at foes later in the match. Even with being a standard set, there are still some weaknesses. Any Flying-Type or Psychic-Type that goes first will easily shut Masked Grass down. Nevertheless, Masked Grass can at least set up Toxic Spikes if it can't deal any noteworthy damage. I would also like to note that Masked Grass is a serviceable counter of Tapu Koko, a highlight of the tier.

Regal Rock (Diancie) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Moonblast
Lastly, Diancie is the 'gemstone' of my team... Okay, I'll stop. Diamond Storm is a good STAB move that has a decently high chance of raising Diancie's defense. Stealth Rock can be used to set up and toxic can help wear down threats that Diancie can't directly deal with. Lastly, Moonblast is a strong STAB move. However, due to her not-so fast speed, any Steel-Types won't have to worry much. Poison-Types can also harm Diancie without much trouble. Nevertheless, while I wouldn't consider Diancie the most prominent member of the team, it gets the job done.

Well, that's that. This is my first 'serious' team. I doubt that it actually holds up. I would definitely love some criticism regarding the probable flaws of this team.
Like I said in the beginning, I apologize for probably wasting everyone's time. I'll never be an 'actual' competitive player, but I'd like to at least act like one and have a half-decent team.

I love the idea behind the bisharp! How ever, stealth rocks/spikes are quite common. I would suggest getting a spinner or defogger on your team. Also you are incredibly weak to a Zard x/greninja core. I would also like to point out that magearna is more viable than diance (I think) in the meta right now. Hope this helps!

Upon further evaluation, Magearna does cannot learn Toxic or Stealth Rocks, so it would be unable to fulfill Diancie's roll.

While it's typing is better, Diancie has better defensive stats.

Uhh u should check out the battling 101 section. Diance really isnt that good or used in ou cos steel types are everywhere. Assault vest staraptor isnt a set and gallade pretty much needs knock to justify over mega medicham. Also throat chop is just a no. Run knock off instead. Psycho cut is just too weak. Run zen headbutt

Thank you for your feedback, I guess.
However, I'd like to point out that I do not use 'conventional' battle styles. I like to go against the norm.

1. Like I mentioned earlier, Diancie is simply meant to set up and deal some damage if the risk isn't too high. As long as it can set up Stealth Rocks or at least a Toxic. If it can do that, then I'm satisfied.
  2. Just because Assault Vest - Staraptor isn't a set doesn't mean it can't be useful. New sets are being discovered everyday, and even though this will never be anywhere close to a prominent set, it does serve a purpose. On multiple occasions, it has saved Staraptor from being KOed, which allowed it to pull off one more hard-hitting attack.
  3. I hear the 'Medicham Over Gallade' argument often. However, even without Knock Off, I do believe Mega Gallade still holds more promise over Mega Medicham. Compared to Mega Medicham, Mega Gallade is relatively faster than it, and even has a bit more defense (special and psychical). With that, Mega Gallade has has the potential to sweep opponent after opponent if used properly. I'm not saying that Mega Medicham is better or worse, but that I believe Gallade fits a the role better in this situation. Another thing that I think you did not take into account was the fact that Gallade is the core of my team. Changing that would mean that the rest of the team would have to modified based around such modifications.
  4. By the 'throat chop is just a no', I believe that you are saying that something else should be used instead. Upon further evaluation, Knock Off does deal 1.5 the damage if the opponent holds an item. I must say that I completely forgot that part. I suppose that I'll make the change.
  5. Finally, there is Zen Headbutt vs. Psycho Cut. While it does deal more damage than Psycho Cut, it does have less accuracy. I could go either way. I'll experiment with both and see which I like better.
While I do not consider myself an 'expert' at battling, I do believe that I'm at least somewhat adept. As such, I don't think I'll be visiting the Battling 101 Section soon.
Nevertheless, thank you for the feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)