Rate this

This is my first post anywhere sorry for my crappy writing skills I felt the need for actual opinions about my team and how i can improve it I do like these Pokemon I and I probably won't switch them unless you can prove that it works better and the other Pokemon is cool

Masquerain @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 Hp/204 Spe/56 Def
Timid Nature
-Bug Buzz
-Baton Pass
-Scald
-Quiver Dance

Masquerain is generally my lead its job is to pass boost its EV spread allows it to out speed max spd Scyther the rest is just to patch up its defenses.Intimidate softens up any physical attacker which allows other pokemon to switch in. Scald suprise most foes and that chance to burn is very nice.Bug Buzz is its strongest move but lacks the strength to kill anything that isn't super effective

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Hp/252 SpA/6 Def
Nature Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Volt Switch

Lanturn's moveset can do better am open to suggestions.He scares off Slowking and has an awesome typing and switches in Thunderwave. Heal Bell gets rid of status problems like sleep which is pretty common Ice beam gives it good coverage. Volt Switch helps maintain momentum

Kabutops @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs:Spe252 /252 Atk/ 6 Def
Nature: Adamant
-Sword Dance
-Stone dge
-Aqua Jet
-Rapid Spin

Kabutops is my rapid spinner he can take Spiritomb 1 on 1 and he seems to be the best rapid spinner in RU. I changed my evs to more for more speed it and Kabutops now sees more use. Air Balloon makes it possible to switch in earthquake and avoid spikes.

Galvantula @ Charti Berry
Ability: Compound eyes
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
Nature: Modest
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Giga Drain
-Volt Switch

Probably my favorite pokemon of the new generation and my best counter to Sceptile. His Thunder is a force to be reckoned with and can kill Lanturn easily with Giga Drain. The Charti Berry is necessary to survive a HP rock from Sceptile other than that he gets squashed like a spider

Charizard @ Power Herb
Ability: Blaze
EVs 252 SpA/252 Spe/6 Def
Nature: Timid
-Flamethrower
-Solar Beam
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse

Charizard may be out classed by Moltres but Charizard is slightly faster and way cooler and i wouldn't trade him for the world. Flamethrower is his most reliable move. Power Herb Solar hits Slowking hard but can't finish the job. Air Slash gives neutral coverage and that chance to flinch is great. Dragon pulse is just to kill Druddigon. Stealth Rock plagues Charizard but honestly has bothered me much

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 6 Def
Nature: Adamant
-Iron Head
-Bulldoze
-Ice Fang
-Stealth Rock

My Favorite Pokemon Steelix this probably the best set for it don't think it needs any improvement although I can probably spare some attack for defense. He provides stealth rock support forces switches and kills those who believe an earthquake can stop him but any super effective special attacks can stop him

Here are some replays of just how well it can do
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-35740845
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-35717223

Just saying dude, if you decide not to use a pokemon because it gets the job done but it isn't cool, the team is not going to do well. In my mind, Jellicent, the big bubbly blue bastard isn't that cool. The Pringles Pokemon isn't the coolest looking, and I don't enjoy using him as much as I would Lapras, swampert, gastrodon or Alomomola. But he gets the job done.

I don't mean to be rude man, but there is quite a bit that can be changed with this team. You got counters for all types of pokemon but to me the Synergy is not really there. right now you are very weak to rock type (1/2 of your team to be exact), as well as grass (1/3), Fire (1/2), water (1/3) and electric (1/2), all of which are pretty common in the metagame.

Here is what I suggest:

how should I put this lightly....
Charizard on a non-sun team is practically useless.
Yeah, he looks cool, and yes, he is BY FAR one of my favorite pokemon in the game. But look at some of this. His hidden ability is (like most of the starter pokemon) Far better than his normal one. Solar Beam in no sun takes two turns to power up, which means the opponent can switch into a counter. He is 4x weak to stealth rock, and you have no rapid spinner on your team. He is NOT the right fit for your team.

You want my opinion? Go with Entei. He is a physical hitter, has access to some good priorty, lacks the flying weakness (and therefore the x4 weakness to rocks, still looks completely badass, and is just as fast as Charizard (unless you use flair blitz, but with Extremespeed you're always faster than everything). Here's the set:

Entei @Choice Band/Life Orb
Trait: Pressure | Adamant | 252 Atk/252Spd/4HP
Flare Blitz | Iron Head | Stone Edge | ExtremeSpeed​

Another good one is the resident electric Yeti: Electivire. Electivire is a beast of a pokemon, with PERFECT coverage for everything. His mixed set is something to be reckoned with. Here's what I've used that worked:

Electivre @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Trait: Motor Drive | Naive Nature | 200 Atk/52 SpAtk/252 Spd
Wild Charge | Flamethrower | Earthquake | Ice Punch​

I usually use the full physical set and he has the same coverage for me; however since you lack a fire type move either that or the physical set with fire punch in place of flame thrower would work wonders.

Steelix, I like how you took a more offensive approach to him along with rocks, I (personally) have never faced a Steelix that can hit hard. However, there is one bane to him you can't overlook: Smeargle. Smeargle will put him to sleep and set up all over him. What I recommend is the normal Smeargle set, with a little twist:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo | Timid Nature | 252HP/252Spd/4Def
Spore | Stealth Rock | Spikes | Magic Coat

Magic Coat on a Smeargle is the ultimate troll move. You have another smeargle that wants to risk a speed tie? Put it to sleep by bouncing it's spore back to him. He wants to set up rocks? make him set his own rocks up on his own. Most other leads you'll be faster than, so you can just put them to sleep and not have to deal with them later. If they wanna throw status at you as well to break their sash, then awesome! Send it back at them! You have a feeling they're going to taunt you? Magic Coat! He's a great lead with Magic Coat.

Whirlpool on Lanturn is kind of useless. Whirlpool is kind of a niche move where you can use it with a grip claw and perish song in order to kill a threatning pokemon, but other than that it's kind of useless (like magma storm, bide, or any of those trapping pokemon). I'd put Ice Beam instead. That way, you can hit most of the metagame for at least neutral damage with him.

On Galvantula, get rid of the Charti Berry. He's pretty frail, so if he's hit by a rock, fire, ground, flying, or any kind of super effective move, he's pretty done for anyway. I'd recommend choice scarf or Choice Specs. he's already fast as hell so choice specs may be best. That way he's more powerful and you would be able to counter rock types with a powerful giga drain. If you wanna FAKE a choice item, go with Expert Belt. The extra damage on a super effective hit makes it look like a choice item, so they switch into a type that would resist what you're locked into.....except you aren't locked into anything ;D

On Kabutops, all the HP in the world won't save him from a grass type move. I'd invest that into speed instead. Also air balloon isn't doing too much. I'd go with whatever berry stops grass moves (not sure if that would help or not) or a Banded Set. He'd be faster than hell that way. However, be the judge of that; when i ran a banded Kabutops with rapid spin, i NEVER used rapid spin, so it was a slight waste.

I don't know much about Masquerain, I've never personally used him, so I'll leave him be.

Hope all of that helps, I know it's a lot to take in, but that's just what I personally suggest.

Thanks for the reply and you were not rude except about the Charizard part 100 Spe and 108 SpA is not useless and i do have a rapid spinner Kabutops. Ive read your comments I notice that some of your info is wrong my Charizard has a Power Herb that lets it use Solar Beam in one turn and Galvantua is not weak to ground moves but i do see your point i might use a choice set a test it for a bit as for the Pokemon recommendations my team relies on special attackers if I use too many physical attackers i might as well switch out Masquerain as well. I do like the idea of Electivire though but who would get the boot

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
K, I have a few comments on your team.

Galvantula is really freakin frail, but it has amazing coverage, so I'm going to suggest that you run an Expert Belt over the Charti Berry since it will die to every rock move anyway.

Next, Whirlpool is a terrible move, in that slot, Lanturn should be running either Thunderwave to allow your team to sweep more easily or Volt Switch to gain momentum.

On Kabutops, Lum berry is a much better item than air balloon, as all of the ghosts you try to spin on will be using will-o-wisp. Waterfall is in general a pretty meh move as well and should be replaced with swords dance, as after a swords dance aqua jet hits as hard as waterfall does anyways.

As a note though, Hopkinc1 is right about your team having extremely poor synergy (sorry, that isn't meant to be mean). Masquerain, Galvantula, and Charizard are all weak to rock types, and since I know what Masquerain does, and who the likely recipients of the pass are, I will just send in something with a rock move and blast away. Your team is very weak to extremely common things such as HP rock Sceptile/Physical Sceptile (the third most common pokemon in the tier beats your whole team by itself), Aerodactyl (same as Sceptile), and HP Rock Quiver Dance Lilligant (also common). This team might be to hard to salvage :/

Edit: Hopkinc1 is also right about Kabutops investing in speed over HP, but he is wrong about running a grass resisting berry, as that won't save Kabutops either. Choiced Galvantula is also a bad suggestion because you are trying to quiver pass to it, you want to change moves. Honestly, you should either run leftovers on Masquerain or a focus sash, you have heal bell on Lanturn.

Oh and I have some stuff about Steelix, Offensive steelix is bad. I suggest Steelix @leftovers, Sturdy, 252 HP/220 Def/36 SpD, relaxed nature, Stealth Rocks, Gyro Ball, Earthquake, Roar.

I want to help you fix this team, but I still want it to be yours, so I won't suggest replacing three team members. But, I will suggest you choose something to pass to besides Charizard, something that resists more of Masquerain's weaknesses. Maybe start from scratch though with just Masquerain.

Dude Masqurerain and Steelix synegize very well I use that combo to knock out Aerodactly and check out this video of Charizard forcing a quit and I know this guys team could use some tweaking but Charizard is not useless. I also believe that Offensive Steelix is better because it can actually hit hard and it beats other defensive Steelix. Other than that am gonna try out Volt Switch on my Lanturn my offensive momentum is lacking
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ru-35712869

ss234

bop.
Honestly I recommend that you simply make a new team. Atm, this team gets straight up destroyed by p much everything-sceptile, lilligant, scarf rotom-c are the largest issues, but hail is incredibly problematic as well. I guess you could try out something like scarf emboar over charizard, but I think it would probably be better for you to get a tutor at battling 101 to learn the tier a bit better-a lot of these sets are not even viable lol.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dude Masqurerain and Steelix synegize very well I use that combo to knock out Aerodactly and check out this video of Charizard forcing a quit and I know this guys team could use some tweaking but Charizard is not useless. I also believe that Offensive Steelix is better because it can actually hit hard and it beats other defensive Steelix. Other than that am gonna try out Volt Switch on my Lanturn my offensive momentum is lacking
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ru-35712869
Sigh...

Okay, the person you were playing had a rating of 1270, and was using a focus sash Aerodactyl, which is lol. My comments about the blasting rock type moves was more directed at your pass recipients, obviously Steelix can beat Aerodactyl, but once Masquerain is in, Aerodactyl can prevent it from setting up/passing or just kill it with taunt/rock slide, rock type moves are too safe against your team.

If you want to get above that 1500 area you sit at on the ladder, you are going to need to make a lot of changes to this team.

Right now, in addition to being pooped on by Sceptile (3rd most common), Aerodactyl (17th), and Lilligant (34th). You also lose to Rotom-C (24th), Hail teams (Snover is at 52nd), and Entei/Emboar who sit at 5th and 39th respectively. Even Scarf Manectric can outspeed and OHKO Charizard, Galvantula, and Masquerain at plus 1 (27th in the tier). Your team also struggles with stuff like Cincinno (7th), Sigilyph (9th), Clefable (12th), and Hitmonlee (14th). The fact is your team just doesn't fare too well against common stuff in the tier (when they are played correctly).

Thanks That actually helps a bit but just so you know ive gotten over 1600 before but the DOS attack reset my score and i now run scarf galvantula
and heres a replay aginst some who at 1500
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-35717223
My biggest problem would be the Tangrowth/Amoogngus and Slowking Combo my Sceptile problems haven't been bad recently
At looked at the threat list you choosen for me and only Cincinno and Sceptile seems to be a major threat the others seem to be dangerous but not unstoppable any advice for sceptile and Cincinno?

I do like the fact you're using a QuiverPasser as a lead.
Also, Steelix is, as said before, better as defensive than as offensive due to his massive 200 base Defense stat.
So, as your team lacks a Hazard setter, you could better run a bulky Steelix in combination with SR.
Charizard does it work quite well, but there are many better Fire-types in the RU Tier, such as Moltres.
Also, it bothers me that you do not have any Special Wall. Slowking could be the best option here, given the fact that it has also a nice Synergy with Steelix, your Physical Wall. You can replace Lanturn for Slowking then.
Moving on, your weakness to rock is immense, as 3 out of your 6 pokemon are weak to it, 2 of them having a 4x weakness. I suggest replacing Galvantula for either Lilligant or Rotom Mow. Or you could go with a physical sweeper that resists rock, such as Klinklank.

Slowking seems good but regenerator seems like such a cheating a ability but i think am gonna try it and i thought lanturn was considered a special wall
If am gonna replace galvantula I need a pokemon that can handle sceptile cause as of now he is my only reliable counter

Slowking seems good but regenerator seems like such a cheating a ability but i think am gonna try it and i thought lanturn was considered a special wall
If am gonna replace galvantula i need a pkemon that can handle sceptile cause as of now he is my only reliable counter
good idea :-)

can someone recommend a moveset for slowking just something to get me started
I tried Slowking and now i have a electric weakness problem so i switched back

I had to look it up and didn't realize bug negated the effects of a ground weakness on Galvantula. Also some of the others I just had a brain lapse, so that's my bad!

The thing about power herb charizard is yeah, he has the power herb. but then he loses it after one solar beam. Then he isn't completely useless, but his utility falls by a lot when not in the sun. Like everyone is saying, there are a bunch of pokemon that are better to put in his place.

As for Electivire, maybe if you decide to take peoples advice and get rid of electivire you can do that. This set also counters Amoongus and Lilligant well so if Zebstrika doesn't work out you can try out Electivire in his place!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)