RBY/GSC/Adv analysis quality audit.

I dunno who wrote these, but the Feraligatr analysis I just cached had "definatly".
If I had the patience I'd go spelling nazi on all of them because that stuff just pisses me off.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
blah. i started off reading each word, but then reverted to "skimming". i'll have to revert BACK to reading each word then. thanks for the catch, hazerider.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hahaha, Haze, when Mekkah and I went through those ADV analyses a while ago we didn't get to Feraligatr, or I would definitely have got that mistake out of the system.

You don't really -have- to read each word, Firefox has a spell checker so just read every word with red underlining and make sure they're all Pokemon names and terms.

Edit: also... the DP Aggron analysis I just cached had "Misty is online now IP Edit/Delete Message". I have no idea where the hell that came from, but make sure you don't copy shit you shouldn't from wherever you're getting the analyses.
The Adv Flareon one had a shitload of typos too, I don't want to be a spelling nazi but lol

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
alright, well startin from Flygon to the end, i promise no spelling mistakes.

and, that thing about misty definitely didn't come from me, lol. but yeah, starting at flygon, there won't be stupid errors. so just clear out anything you see before then.

edit: i think im stopping after flygon for now anyway, so my eyes don't bulge out of their sockets. i'll pick it up again in like 2-3 hours when i'm back at home.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Don't rely on Firefox spellcheck; definitely read every word. If someone says "You should use this too KO blahblah" or "Their is no way this will work," you need to be able to correct the misused words.

That's boring as fuck, though. Until we find someone with enough patience and no life (/me slaps Misty around a bit with a large trout) we could just get rid of the typos for now.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
well, i'll go back eventually and look at everything once the site is back up. but i thought we wanted to do it asap. i mean i'd rather have analyses with a few grammar errors NOW than waiting another 2 weeks to get them PERFECT. Not many people are even going to be looking at RBY/GSC/ADV that much. They'll be focusing on DP. So THOSE are the ones we want spell-checked and grammar-checked like there's no tomorrow. That way, if anything like this happens again, we won't have to go through the trouble for DP. Make sure it's perfect now so you don't ever have to do anything like this again.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
gp... you have time. get people to help you. don't give them a rush job - do less, but do a good job.

if you really want to read the DP analyses, go for it. it's kind of weird updating the dp analyses in the scms and also on the forums though, we need to figure out a better way to handle this.

Is there no way to link the two so that if you edit something in one of them, it is automatically changed in the other? I remember you saying Smogon Gazette was difficult to keep working now, but how about this?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm, you need a spelling / grammar nazi with too much time on their hands? I'm your man! Just as soon as I finish up this Charizard analysis I've been putting off because of stupid "real life", I'll get right on it.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
there's like 160 pokemon left for adv. im thinking we split it 4 ways. 40 for each of us. i'll take 40, and maybe people like obi, assman, hazerider, misty, or whoever can each do 40. that way it narrows our focus and we can devote more time to each one to make sure its perfect.

just a note to hazerider, who has been great at caching my stuff: im going back through rby and gsc one last time to make them perfect as well (might as well, right?). so sometime later tonight or tomorrow, if you could please just run through them and cache them again. =/

I'll check the SCMS every few minutes or so and cache them as you do them, it's easier than doing it all at once because I have to keep scrolling back down and it's annoying.

Edit: actually I'll check them too, I'll only edit typos though because I don't know shit about RBY. I'll start from the bottom.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
alright hazeybabes and i kicked the crap out of rby. I may be going out on a limb, but i'm gonna say it's perfect. Well, maybe not perfect, but definitely 99.6% accurate (lol rby humor).

gsc we'll start later. i dunno.

edit: as of 2:00 AM est, GSC is now perfect. I have a busy couple days coming up, but i have a nice chunk of time on friday to do some more stuff. i'm thinking of going back through the first 60 i did for adv and giving them a thorough spell/grammar check. And for the last 160ish, i was thinking we could split it 4 ways.

forry-lickitung (i'll take them)

linoone-piloswine

pinsir-starmie

steelix-zapdos

so, go nuts.

/late but I'm Nazi'ing everything(spelling, evs, moves, damage calculations, w/e), that's why I'm that slow.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay I know this says "RBY/GSC/ADV" but I just did a quality audit of some DP analyses... corrected a bunch of typos and wrong/weird grammar (also some additions to my sets, I haven't done that to anybody else's though)... I'm up to Giratina, I'll try to do a bunch more tomorrow.

Update: up to Metagross for now... might do more tonight. Hopefully I can finish tomorrow, since it's Saturday.

EDIT II: Up to Tangrowth and I just cannot get the energy to finish... also there are a few analyses that haven't been uploaded (I blame big Mekkah), so I'll need to put those up and then audit those...

Actually GP some of the GSC analyses still had a few typos... I checked them again when caching them but stopped at Magcargo because fuck it's boring work.

Q: RS Celebi strat page links to an article about BP Teams. Will this be uploaded or should I remove it?

All articles are obviously going to return, the link might need to be changed later on though if chaos decides to rebuild the sections in a different way.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The funkiness of the Remember Me box has kept me from using the CMS regularly... I'll be able to grammar it up when I get back to the states.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have finished my audit of the DP analyses, and now that I'm an admin, they're all cached too. A few very recent ones haven't been done yet, I'll get to those when I feel like it. ;P

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
pssh. lazy misty.

anyway. my wacky weekend is over. i guess i'll let hazerider finish gsc, since he has caching power. i'll start going through more adv soon. did anyone read my post about splitting up the remaining 160 into 4 groups of 40? who else wants to grab a 40 (no, not a malt beverage!) and get going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)