Body Slam
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt

Exeggutor
Explosion
Psychic
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore

You may want to try body slam or screech on persian since thunder is only useful for cloyster or weakened gengars, but besides that your team is very standard.

I prefer Confuse Ray, Seismic Toss and even Mega Drain over Psychic on Gengar. Psychic works on enemy Gengar and I guess on Grounds Thunderbolt doesn't touch, but Confuse Ray is useful against everything, Seismic Toss does more than anything else against Exeggutor and iirc against Alakazam too, and Mega Drain is great against Golem/Rhydon.

Agreeing with Lesm about Persian.

JMC

Old as dirt.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You never use Seismic Toss when you can use Night Shade. Night Shade is such a cooler-sounding move (and there is no way in Hell you are going to use up the PP in Night Shade anyways).

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, I wouldn't be worried too much about opposing Poison pogeys that Eggy counters, and replace Gengar's Psychic with any of the moves that Mekkah has suggested, more likely S-Toss or CRay to deal with Zam / Eggy switch-ins, which seems especially annoying for your team that sacrifices Psychic resistances for better offense.

Your team seems to have an adequate amount of defenses, though, and any shortcoming in the defense side is compensated by the extra offense I think.

I would think that absolutely no form of healing is really going to catch up with you in the long run, especially if your offensive assaults are absorbed correctly. Though I haven't played enough RBY to actually say "no healing ruins you", I have noticed however what a life saver Recoverable Pokes play in the standard game.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
IIRC thunder has only a 10% chance to paralyze in rby despite what stupid nb says.
Actually, the NB RBY mode move list says it has a 10% paralysis chance.

Toxic isn't awful in RBY, but it is generally useless on this certain team.

My favorite filler move for Gengar is Seismic Toss, as the even damage and high PP makes it very useful against Psychics and Grass types if you need to damage them a bit. Night Shade in general is inferior to Seismic Toss as Gengar is the only ghost you'll be hitting with it, whereas Seismic Toss allows you to hit Chansey/Snorlax/Tauros/etc.

EDIT: Fuck, why did you bump this for a useless comment?

My favorite filler move for Gengar is Seismic Toss, as the even damage and high PP makes it very useful against Psychics and Grass types if you need to damage them a bit. Night Shade in general is inferior to Seismic Toss as Gengar is the only ghost you'll be hitting with it, whereas Seismic Toss allows you to hit Chansey/Snorlax/Tauros/etc.

Night Shade can hit normal types in RBY (and Seismic Toss can hit ghosts).

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks pkmntrainer17. May I know what calculations you had to go through to come to that exact figure?? My calculations said that it should get a 7.376324345532 which rounds it upto 8 but you seem to be more accurate. Could you teach me?

Thanks pkmntrainer17. May I know what calculations you had to go through to come to that exact figure?? My calculations said that it should get a 7.376324345532 which rounds it upto 8 but you seem to be more accurate. Could you teach me?
What exactly do you mean by teach? Guessing that was an insult on the rating I gave?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)